PDA

View Full Version : Drop Rate Modifiers and How They Work

Kamica
Sep 29, 2006, 02:23 PM
Not enough people seem to realize how this works. It is time to clear a few things up.

-The spearkles next to your name are called seireiun
-Reguler sparkles are level 1
-Sparkles with an orange circle are level 3
-Level 1 seireiun slighty increases drop rates
-Level 3 seireiun greatly increases drop rates
-Seireiun also helps the chances of grinding a weapon wthout breaking
-Seireiun also improves the drops of reguler items and rare enemy appearances
-You must be the leader of the party for the increased drop rates to take effect
-Seireiun is determined every 24 hours at midnight japan time.
-Seirun is determined by your race and gender.
-You can use Seirun everyday by leaving an empty caracter slot and remaking a character depending on
which race/gender gets level3 on that particular day.

If I am missing something, post it in this topic. I will edit the original post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2006-09-29 21:40 ]</font>

Roken
Sep 29, 2006, 02:24 PM
thanks for this explanation

Cry0
Sep 29, 2006, 02:33 PM
so every 24 hours, different characters are randomly chose from all character on the game? and those lucky ones get a drop rate multiplier?

SoujiSeta
Sep 29, 2006, 02:36 PM
When the created char has the seirun effect, will it affect your other chars of different race and/or gender as well?

Kamica
Sep 29, 2006, 02:42 PM
On 2006-09-29 12:36, SoujiSeta wrote:
When the created char has the seirun effect, will it affect your other chars of different race and/or gender as well?

Only the character that has the seirun. Every character on your account will have a different seirun level. On most days you will find that your character has none at all.

On 2006-09-29 12:33, Cry0 wrote:
so every 24 hours, different characters are randomly chose from all character on the game? and those lucky ones get a drop rate multiplier?

Yes

Bleu
Sep 29, 2006, 02:52 PM
I heard there is an XP modifier as well. It was described to me as an 'ankh'. Does it work the same way?

Shade-
Sep 29, 2006, 03:18 PM
hey that's pretty cool, thanks for letting us know.

Tycho
Sep 29, 2006, 06:14 PM
Actually, the phenomenon is called ζ˜ŸιœŠι‹ (http://dachura.xii.jp/xii/psu/psu_luck.htm) (seireiun). Also, as shown by the chart on this page, you can't get *** every day. On a sidenote, the chosen race/gender combinations are the same for both Worlds. They affect the grinding success rates, rare enemy appearances, item drops, and rare item drops.
The names for the three 'Holy Spirit Luck' ranks are as follows:

1* = δΈ*星霊 (chuuseirei)
2* = 倧星霊 (daiseirei)
3* = θΆ…ζ˜ŸιœŠ (chouseirei)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2006-09-29 16:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2006-09-29 16:18 ]</font>

Ether
Sep 29, 2006, 06:19 PM
Male characters are luckier than female? Thats some BS right there

CpwninOBrien
Sep 29, 2006, 06:20 PM
makes up for the crap cloth options fer males lol

Tycho
Sep 29, 2006, 06:23 PM
@Ether: I think that was just luck up to now. I kinda doubt they rigged the odds in favor of male beast characters.

Neith
Sep 29, 2006, 06:30 PM
Why couldn't they just keep set drops?

Sounds very wierd, not sure on whether I like that idea or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-09-29 16:31 ]</font>

TheStoicOne
Sep 29, 2006, 07:02 PM
Is the seireiun completely random or is there a pattern to i? Or is it too early to say yet?

darthplagis
Sep 29, 2006, 07:39 PM
i would say its random, like PSU drop lottery (hey i'd be happy with 4 numbers and bonus ball). so does it hit every one of the type say male human, all male humans get it or just chosen random lucky gits?

-Shimarisu-
Sep 29, 2006, 08:18 PM
Mech found this info out, thanks for posting it Kamica, but you should have said!

Dhylec
Sep 29, 2006, 11:01 PM
Interesting enough. Feel free to update if you have new info.

Pheromone
Oct 11, 2006, 07:20 PM
On 2006-09-29 17:02, TheStoicOne wrote:
Is the seireiun completely random or is there a pattern to i? Or is it too early to say yet?

There is no such thing as random in the computing world. There IS a pattern.

DoubleJG
Oct 11, 2006, 08:41 PM
Very interesting post, thanks for the info.

Miyoko
Oct 11, 2006, 10:18 PM
I'm so confused. o.O; Interesting idea... I think

Souppy
Oct 11, 2006, 10:31 PM
That's awesome... seriously, I like this idea. This is where the clans/guilds are gonna come in play... the more players you know, the more drops you'll get. Just ask a player with the type of character who has a lvl 3 Seireiun that day to create the game and you'll have more drops... and you will wait the good day to grind your weapons.

That is one very good idea.

Tycho
Oct 12, 2006, 06:42 AM
On 2006-10-11 17:20, Pheromone wrote:
There is no such thing as random in the computing world. There IS a pattern.There is no such thing as random in the real world. There IS a pattern. The thing is, you're not going to find it out, because you'd need a computer bigger than the universe to do so. As such, these are kind of similar in that they're not random but you're not going to be able to predict the outcome anyway!

Nephias
Oct 12, 2006, 07:21 AM
This is intresting,should encourage party and grouping variety.

Jools
Oct 12, 2006, 07:50 AM
If you actually look at the chart it really doesn't look random at all. Of course, its still early days, but so far it doesn't look very random at all with some combos getting a great deal more luck than others.

-Jools

wildstar
Oct 12, 2006, 07:53 AM
This is very cool information. Thank-you, Kamica (though, according to -Shimarisu- it sounds like we should be thanking Mech for actually unnearthing this info).

In any event, awesome to know. So, like in PSO GC offline where I'd have 3 slots used (redria, skyly, yellowboze) and the fourth slot open to make characters of specific mag-creating types (A&B) for special mag evolutions, sounds like I'll keep a slot open in PSU for creating character-of-the-day grinding.

SephYuyX
Oct 12, 2006, 08:04 AM
On 2006-10-12 05:21, Nephias wrote:
This is intresting,should encourage party and grouping variety.

Yeah like.. 'Hey, lets get everyone with the *** today and screw everyone else.'

There will be tons of people who will refuse to play with the characters who dont have any serium (w/e), even if the leader is the only one to influence drops; Im sure its really too earlly to determine if thats the case as well.

I can see it now.. 'Does the group leader have ***? No? Ok, bye, I dont want to waste my time with you.'

Hell, I wouldnt want to waste my time, knowing I could be in a party with a better drop rate.

Also:

You can use Seirun everyday by leaving an empty caracter slot and remaking a character depending on which race/gender gets level3 on that particular day.
Right now im not seeing the whole point of this, I suppose you could craft things, but doesnt the level of your PM add to the success? Im not sure how this works yet, but lets say Beast/Hunter gets the *** this day, so you make that character, being level 1, I guess it would be a good synthing character, or a good meseta farmer? Is that what youre trying to get at?

What im trying to say, even if you have ***, youre level 1, and probably would end up having better luck as a lvl50 with no *.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SephirothYuyX on 2006-10-12 06:20 ]</font>

Starshape
Oct 25, 2006, 12:29 PM
Excactly.. I don't see the point of making a new character.. makes NO sense.

Feelmirath
Oct 25, 2006, 12:37 PM
So this is Sega's excuse out of adding drop rate multipliers every now and again? XD

PaladinRPG
Oct 25, 2006, 12:48 PM
It's an interesting system. I'll definitely consider making that new character for synthing/grinding improved chances for valuable weapons...

Ronin1of47
Oct 25, 2006, 10:52 PM
http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Main_Page[url]
has a chart that updates every day with luck
top right pink thing

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2006-10-25 21:06 ]</font>

Beck
Oct 26, 2006, 12:51 PM
wow very nice sega, i like this seireiun system thing.

DarksideX
Nov 11, 2006, 11:43 PM
Oh nice thanks., that clears up a debate me and my friends were having eariler todday.

Nicodareus
Dec 4, 2006, 01:57 AM
As according to psupedia.org:

Photon Fortune only affects Weapon Grinding, and odds for Monsters and Boxes to drop Items (in parties only the Luck of the leader is used). Partner Machineries have the same Luck as female Cast characters, but this isn't of any use.

[IE: Luck does NOT affect rare monster appearances OR synth chances.. And I can personally vouch for both as I've never seen any increase in either with my female newman who seems to get 3* luck more often than any other combo.. Luck also does NOT affect the quality of the items you find, only the quantity.. All too often you can make 10 3* luck runs in a row and fill up your inventory 3-4 times without a single rare, but make 1 0* luck run and find 3-4 rares.. And even the highest quality items -do- drop with 0* luck..]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nicodareus on 2006-12-03 23:05 ]</font>

CrazyJ
Dec 7, 2006, 09:20 AM
If it helps with the research... I've gotten the orange circle thingy offline. Didn't do anything special (that I know of) to earn it, but shortly after I noticed it I ran a mission and found 3 Star Atomizers, 3 Moon X's, a Varha Claw, 2 Scape Dolls and 3 Photon Charges. A great haul for my level 7 character.

-- J