PDA

View Full Version : Mutt Ditts Poumn?

BlueDagger
Sep 30, 2006, 11:45 AM
(Well, I'm not exactly sure if this is the right section, but I didn't know where else to put it.)

What does "Mutt Ditts Poumn" mean? It's been a long time since I played PSO, so I don't remember where I heard it, but I never knew what it meant. Does anyone know? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

JohnBerserker
Sep 30, 2006, 11:54 AM
i don't know if it translates to somthing but it was heard in one of Rico's mesages. the one right before the door to the ruins i think. she says... "there can be no light without darkness, nor darkness without light. existance began of nothing, subsequently reincarnated from an infinite life force. a law of nature proclaims its seal, Moots Deitz Poumn"
lol, i actually have that saved as my cpu's background but i dont think thats exactly right. i seem to remember different words or phrases from the actual game.

guysmiily
Sep 30, 2006, 11:56 AM
yea i think iits the 3pillers u need to open the ruins door

OnnaWren
Sep 30, 2006, 02:12 PM
"Muut" is Motavia/Motabia, aka Mota (or Moatoob), the first planet in the Algo (or Gurhal) solar system. It is a desert planet, signified by the color red.

"Ditts" is Dezoris/Dezolis, aka Dezo (or Neudeiz), the third planet in the Algo (or Gurhal) solar system. It is an ice (or water) planet, signified by the color blue.

"Poumn" is Palma/Parma, aka Palm (or Parum), the second planet in the Algo (or Gurhal) solar system (destroyed in Algo's case). It is signified by the color green.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2006-09-30 12:13 ]</font>

JohnBerserker
Sep 30, 2006, 08:41 PM
onnawren, im guessing you've played the original series? i'd completely missed that connection.

BlueDagger
Sep 30, 2006, 09:06 PM
Well, now that we know they're the names of planets... What does that mean, still? Why are these three names put together?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlueDagger on 2006-09-30 19:07 ]</font>

MadEwokHerd
Sep 30, 2006, 09:51 PM
I think it means "Unsealed it is done." I saw it somewhere...

RubyEclipse
Sep 30, 2006, 10:02 PM
You should be able to find a full discussion over it here:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=100983&forum=12&start=75

PMB960
Oct 1, 2006, 12:09 AM
Red, green, and blue, those are the colors of the 3 pillars you must activate in order to enter the ruins.

Seidon
Oct 1, 2006, 11:32 AM
I think it has something to do with Golf.

"Why?" you ask?

well using the wonderous "Anagramsite.com" I found that an anagram of those words are: Must Do Mint Putt.

I'm assuming that there is infact a hidden golf club weapon that must have it's special effect used in order to unseal another door somewhere that will inevitebly lead to a bigger and badder boss than we have already faced.

Apon the destruction of said boss we will be awarded with the parasitic gene "Flow" and a billion Trigrinders and Scape dolls. Not to mention acess to another place via the Principals teleporter.

"The Coffers" In the coffers you can take however much money you wish from Pioneer 2.

You will also unlock a "Boss Battle Mode" (hereafter reffered to as BBM) and apon completion of BBM you will be awarded with "Monster Master Mode" Where you will be allowed to continuouslly fight any species of monster you wish for as long as you want. Making rare weapons that much easier to find and levelling up more than a month long task at the higher levels.

To be frank though I find my guess highly unlikely and I think that Occams razor will come into play here...

They are the three pillars used to unlock the ruins.

Mutt -- Forest

Ditts -- Cave

Poumn -- Mine

And that makes sense.

Heart of Poumn = Heart of Mine.

I think I deserve a star.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seidon on 2006-10-01 09:33 ]</font>

pso-dude
Oct 2, 2006, 03:08 AM
heart of poumn could also mean "heart of parum", im just speculating tho....

Seidon
Oct 2, 2006, 06:25 AM
Heart of mine makes a lot of sense though.

As in "My heart"

Zorafim
Oct 2, 2006, 10:04 PM
Hm, so that weapon is the heart of Parma, then? It says it was forged with egil's torch, which was a holy object. I can't recall where it came from, though.

JohnBerserker
Oct 4, 2006, 03:04 PM
wow, a lot of spam. ok, if poumn does stand for palma, then the heart of palma could be a really old object possibly passed down through the governors or whatever on palma the planet. kinda like the city key or whatever. but all this is speculation and can't really be proven seeing as i doubt that the mind behind the game is gonna cough up all his secrets on this board.

Zorafim
Oct 4, 2006, 07:00 PM
It does say it's also called "Alis' claw", even though Alis totally used swords.

OnnaWren
Oct 6, 2006, 12:31 PM
The words "Muut Ditts Poumn" are placed together so as to signify a seal of some kind, for, if one has played the original series, it is discovered that the three planets of the Algo solar system are a seal placed around a fixed star to contain the Profound Darkness. Dark Falzes (Forces, Phalluses) are simply the spawn.

"Egil's Torch" might just be a mistranslation of "Eclipse Torch"?

No, I've never played the original series... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2006-10-06 10:38 ]</font>

Zorafim
Oct 7, 2006, 02:10 AM
I've played I, IV, and most of II. I started III, but some random rappies killed me, so I gave up.
(Hunewearls rock in that series...)

adamgnome104
Oct 7, 2006, 05:02 PM
On 2006-10-02 20:04, Zorafim wrote:
Hm, so that weapon is the heart of Parma, then? It says it was forged with egil's torch, which was a holy object. I can't recall where it came from, though.

It's a homage to the old series, Heart of Poumn was suppsoed to be Alis's weapon or something like that.

Saigan
Oct 9, 2006, 01:39 PM
There's an awful lot of speculation here that could be avoided if more attention was paid.

It stands for the three planets that make up the seal that imprisons the Profound Darkness. The pillars each represent a planet and create a seal for a Dark Falz (Force)- an avatar for the profound darkness.

As far as Heart of Poumn... Alis used swords. However since it was created using the flames of the eclipse torch I would guess the Dezorians created it to honor Alis for defeating Lassic and Dark Falz.

Play 1,2, & EotM; it will make more sense.

Zorafim
Oct 10, 2006, 03:50 PM
Dezo was that ice planet, right? Why would they care about Alis? They were jerks.

Deathwalk28
Oct 15, 2006, 11:59 AM
Dezo? Why would they care? Meseta, of course. Didn't they mention trades between Parma and Dezolis for Laconia (II)? Anyways, of course they were jerks Zora... Switch to a Mogic Cap! They're nicer that way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

OnnaWren
Oct 16, 2006, 04:28 PM
Turns out that there's an Egil's Torch in Final Fantasy II as well.

So much for mistranslation. Anyone know the mythical origins, perhaps?

Slade002
Oct 20, 2006, 10:44 PM
so the weapon 'heart of poumn' is just a random reference and has no extra significance (other then being an amazing weapon)?

Saigan
Oct 21, 2006, 09:18 AM
On 2006-10-20 20:44, Slade002 wrote:
so the weapon 'heart of poumn' is just a random reference and has no extra significance (other then being an amazing weapon)?

Aye; it's an homage, nothing more. Made wierder by the fact only Newearls can use it despite Alis being human.

xxTrystanxx
Oct 21, 2006, 12:44 PM
Well, According to what's in the Item Database on this site, as far as the item's description is concerned, it DOES indeed read:

"A Laconiatask tempered with the Eclipse Torch's flame. Also known as Alis' Claw."

I am guessing that this was properly translated from Japanese? If so, then the mistranslation theory of "Egil's Torch" is back in, and likely to be true.

silphos
Oct 21, 2006, 02:20 PM
hey i think i saw a wep in the databaces that was somthing to do wiv Moatoob

Saigan
Oct 22, 2006, 09:22 AM
Nope, you saw the Prophets of Motav; which refers to the 2nd planet in the Algol Star System. Motavia. The PSU planets are different planets/ different solar system. Their names are similar as an homage. Also-

****SPOILER****

Palma kinda got blown up in PSII so there's no way it's the same solar system.

****END SPOILER*****

zandra117
Oct 22, 2006, 04:19 PM
Ive noticed that the PSU planets are like hybrids of the old PS planets.

Parum is like PSII Motavia mixed with PSI Parma.

Neudaiz is like PSI Parma mixed with PSIV Dezolis.

Moatoob is like PSIV Motavia mixed with PSII Dezolis.

Saigan
Oct 22, 2006, 07:50 PM
On 2006-10-22 14:19, zandra117 wrote:
Ive noticed that the PSU planets are like hybrids of the old PS planets.

Parum is like PSII Motavia mixed with PSI Parma.

Neudaiz is like PSI Parma mixed with PSIV Dezolis.

Moatoob is like PSIV Motavia mixed with PSII Dezolis.

They're not really hyrbrids but they are meant to sound similar to the original planets. Parum and Moatoob are even similar in environment to Palma and Motavia. Neudaiz doesn't quite fit the bill as Dezoris was an ice planet.

Kevino
Oct 23, 2006, 08:07 AM
i really need to get these games or something.

JohnBerserker
Oct 23, 2006, 03:36 PM
well neudaiz does fit the ball if you think about it being desolate and not having much life.

OnnaWren
Oct 23, 2006, 04:53 PM
Neudaiz: Dezoris when melted?

Saigan
Oct 23, 2006, 05:03 PM
On 2006-10-23 14:53, OnnaWren wrote:
Neudaiz: Dezoris when melted?

I'll "lol" to that =D

LutzForever
Oct 25, 2006, 06:25 PM
Man I lived for PS IV EotM... while on the old stuff, their are many references to Algol in PSO like the HoP wep and Dark Force and the pillar scribings....

but did anyone else notice in the ending credit pictures for episode 1, one of the last pictures to show up is a person in white infront of the final pillar where Dark Falz resides? I think it resembles Lutz/Rune a hell of a lot.... still cant fathom that after nearly 7 years...

oh btw hes holding a Psycho Wand http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I hear a L, a U, a T, a Z http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If the writings on the pillars are indeed of the three planets of Algol, and the person in the picture is indeed an incarnation of Lutz, not necessarily Rune, then it would make complete sense that Lutz as an Esper and Protector of Algol as explained in PS IV has sealed Dark Force away on this distant planet using the seal of the pillars with the Emblem of the Espers on it ( it is the same symbol on the pillars as it is of Runes necklace in PS IV, the symbol of the espers.) Although this is complete theory and I like to think of it this way, it also makes the game a hell of a lot more fun knowing their is a deep nearly hidden tracking and history related to the original series.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LutzForever on 2006-10-25 16:35 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LutzForever on 2006-10-25 16:43 ]</font>

OnnaWren
Oct 27, 2006, 12:20 PM
Perhaps the tri-blade was a symbol of the Espers...

Why, then, is Rika/Fal wearing it, too (on her breastplate)?

Kevino
Oct 30, 2006, 09:03 AM
she likes it like that

LutzForever
Oct 30, 2006, 10:27 AM
no there was an explanation for that but i forget, when I remember or find it online again ill edit this post.

JohnBerserker
Oct 30, 2006, 04:49 PM
They're not really hyrbrids but they are meant to sound similar to the original planets. Parum and Moatoob are even similar in environment to Palma and Motavia. Neudaiz doesn't quite fit the bill as Dezoris was an ice planet.

not going in to specifics. neudaiz actually is icy. the first areas are normal, but deeper in its mostly ice based. most of the creatures can cast barta and you get a new item because of the SEED's change in the icy climate.