PDA

View Full Version : Defense mags?

bishop472003
Oct 1, 2006, 08:02 PM
How would i make one, and how will it benefit me, I have a Skyly HUcast. Thanx.

MadEwokHerd
Oct 1, 2006, 08:06 PM
You would make one by alternating between several different items. It will NOT benefit you. Don't waste time adding high amounts of defence on a mag.

bishop472003
Oct 1, 2006, 08:07 PM
O.K. thank i' go with power,what about high accuracy?

BeeYee
Oct 1, 2006, 08:58 PM
You want some accuracy, maybe level 50 dexterity (ATA), 145 Power(ATP), and 5 DEF (DFP)

bishop472003
Oct 1, 2006, 10:38 PM
cool.

Psyclone
Oct 1, 2006, 10:40 PM
DEF on a mag is pretty well pointless, IMHO.

Personally, I prefer to tailor my Mags based upon class and desire... RA's, I determine how many points are required to max their ATA at level 200. Then I subtract the ATA bonus from any units I use, double the number, and put that on DEX. The remainder I put on power.

For instance, a RAcast's base ATA at level 200 is 199 and his max possible ATA is 224. So 25 points of ATA are required to max out at level 200. If he's using a God/Arm, subtract 15 points for 10 ATA needed to max at level 200. Double that, and I have a value of of 20 for DEX. The remaining 175 points I would put towards POW.

Alternatively, if I want to use that slot for something else later, rather than calculate for the /Arm, I'll just double the difference between max and base ATA to get DEX.

HU's I model similar to RA's, but since they have such a high variance between base and max ATA, I usually don't try to max their ATA with a mag. Instead, I pretty well plan to use an /Arm unit of some sort and calculate the DEX value accordingly. However, the most I'll put on DEX for a HU's mag is 70 points, leaving 125 points for POW.

FO's I prefer to make heavy, if not exclusively MIND. A common MIND mag for a FO is 50/0/0/150. In this case, the 50 points of DEF only serve to balance the equation to make a rare mag at level 100.

I don't do MeleeRangeTech FO's, so I cannot give any reasonable advice from experience on what to do for mags for those goofballs...er... them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
While some folks prefer or suggest high POW with less DEX, following the more-damage-is-better philosophy, I prefer to follow the more-accurate-is-just-as-good philosophy. In the end, it boils down to personal preferences.

PMB960
Oct 1, 2006, 11:19 PM
Use defense materials since they boost DFP 2 points for each one instead of 1 point per each mag level of DFP. If you want to raise DEX use God/Arms since they raise 15 for one. For a mag its 2 DEX for 1 ATA. Adding to POW and MIND is the same as using materials so put alot into either stat. Remember though if you want to raise EVP you should use materials or God/Legs. For all of my characters except the first one I am raise them for max stats. If you look under the characters section there are some good guides how to do this while still getting a rare mag.

Kevino
Oct 2, 2006, 08:34 AM
go with 5/145/50/0 jigga!

Shadow__
Oct 19, 2006, 05:28 AM
On my HUcast, I use my Rati Mag. The specs are; DEF = 15, POW = 124, ATA = 60, MIND = 1.

I use God/arm etc on the slots because ATA is important for a HUcast. Theres no point having high POW if you cant hit anything, lol.

bishop472003
Oct 19, 2006, 05:49 AM
On 2006-10-19 03:28, Shadow__ wrote:
On my HUcast, I use my Rati Mag. The specs are; DEF = 15, POW = 124, ATA = 60, MIND = 1.

I use God/arm etc on the slots because ATA is important for a HUcast. Theres no point having high POW if you cant hit anything, lol.

I agree I'm making a new Rati now how does
25-150-25-25 sound. How do I makea rati with your stats?

Shadow__
Oct 19, 2006, 07:00 AM
I'm a YELLOWBOZE HUcast so to make a Rati, I had to make a mag with; DEF + POW = DEX + MIND

I focused on feeding it antidotes (i think) at the start to make the DEX go to 49 and I raised the MIND to 1 because you must have at least 1 for a Rati mag. As I focused on the DEX, my DEF was raising too, by now it was DEF 15 so I just used Trimates etc to bring up the POW to total up to level 100 (thats when it evolves)

Just to clarify: 15 DEF + 35 POW = level 50 (and) 49 DEX + 1 MIND = level 50

Rati evolves at level 100 (no sooner), providing you got the equation correct. It doesn't matter what the amounts are, as long as it adds up to 50/50.

I really hope you understood this, because it was begining to confuse me, lol

bishop472003
Oct 19, 2006, 08:06 AM
I understand you're the first person to break it down to me like that, you rock dude.

Shadow__
Oct 19, 2006, 09:03 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Cheers, i'm just browsing on the forum whilst at work, lol.

I live in the UK so finding people to talk to about PSO during my work shift is tough, hehe.