PDA

View Full Version : fun uses for multimode

Maelkith
Nov 7, 2002, 01:06 PM
I am using multimode as a more challenging and beneficial single player game. In multimode there are more enemies, therefore more exp. I am hacking my way through the game with a player character, and i am being shadowed by a lv 1 "mule". This mule is carrying extra mates and moon atomizers. After clearing an area i sweep up with my mule to collect items and meseta. As an android I go through alot of mates so its good to have extra. I can go further by myself without piping and if I get wasted, I just run the mule in with a moon atomizer to revive. the mule can also carry mags to feed. Later on I think I will use the mule to do challenge mode, then delete him after he gets his Bu-ei.

RedFox
Nov 7, 2002, 01:29 PM
nice idea. i think i'll be trying out a similar method only not using a lv1 mule but instead my 2nd char and taking it in turns for each char in order to spread out the exp a lil.

also im sure the extra monsters will be the same as on the online mode... or at least there were extra monsters on th DC online mode... someone should clarify wether or not this is still the case...

fahdiz
Nov 7, 2002, 02:02 PM
RedFox, I like your modification of the original idea. Think I'll try it out.

Jkid
Nov 7, 2002, 04:58 PM
Hmm....so thats how muling works.

RavenTW
Nov 7, 2002, 05:54 PM
w00t w00t for multimode! Thanks to it, I made a stupid HUmar (stupid as in the character, not stereotyping or anything) with a bluefull ID and made him feed my mag, giving me a Pilla blast (when it evolved into Varaha, it didn't get another P-blast), then switching it back to Silhouette. I then deleted my HUmar for a RAmarl (which I haven't used yet)

VulpesMundi
Nov 7, 2002, 06:18 PM
I usually use offline multi-player to transfer items between characters. But what you've come up with just gave me a totally killer idea. When stuck offline (or just unable to find anyone to play online) a person can use their main character in ANY ID offline by simply starting a multi-player game and having the first character the ID in question. That character can also help with switches and, as noted, carrying items. The only downside to this is that they have to be levels 20, 40, or 80 to respectively access Hard, Very-Hard, and Ultimate mode, not to mention unlocking levels (tho that's not as necessary).

Maelkith
Nov 8, 2002, 07:09 AM
thats a great idea, i like mechguns, but redria doent get them that easy-- swords as well. i can make a purplenium or skyly to improve my drop rates.

Bluedeath
Nov 8, 2002, 07:35 AM
i use offline multiplayer with my friends and bros , this is because i cant go online yet. but i think ill try the mule method.

Etrigan
Nov 8, 2002, 09:55 AM
The split screen makes me dizzy. And I tend to stay away from things that make me dizzy.

Jeffrey
Nov 8, 2002, 08:30 PM
Purple and Sky get better item drops?? What about Trekkers? Doesnt the section ID control which one you get? Whos better for what? They have to create the game, right? .... So many questions........ I'm such a noob.

That's what I get for playing a RAcast on DCv1.

VulpesMundi
Nov 8, 2002, 10:11 PM
Each ID gets its own item drop tables, but to say one ID is better than the other is usually just a matter of preference rather than fact. And yes, since each ID has its own item drop tables each ID will effect what you can find at what frequency.

Each ID is good for finding a specific basic weapon class more commonly than others, as well as certian specials usually pertaining to that weapon class. I'll list them at the bottom.

To use a specific ID offline, the character in Player 1 position will be the team leader and his/her ID will be in effect for the duration of the game. Online it's similar, but has some variance. The person who creates the team will be the ID in effect. But if that person leaves, the next person in order of entering the team will be the ID in effect, and so on down the line. Online players have the advantage of making a team with someone who has areas unlocked, and then just leaving (and perhaps reentering) the room to change the ID to someone else who might not have areas unlocked. This can't be done with offline multi-player, unfortunately.

ID finds:

Hunter IDs...
Bluefull finds Partisan-class weapons more often.
Oran finds Dagger-class weapons more often.
Skyly finds Sword-class weapons more often.
Whitill finds Slicer-class weapons more often.

Ranger IDs...
Greennill finds Rifle-class weapons more often.
Purplenum finds Mechgun-class weapons more often.
Viridia finds Shotgun-class weapons more often.

Force ID...
Pinkal finds Force-type weapons and technique disks more often and is the only ID that can find Rafoie, Razonde, Rabarta, Grants, and Megid level 30.

General IDs...
Redria finds armor, shields, and units more often and is the only ID that can find God/??? units with + and ++.
Yellowboze generally finds items in balance, but tends to find slightly more Meseta.

As for specials, they're kinda spread all over the place now. Each ID still tends to have the best chance to find specific specials related to the item class they find most, though (ie. Skyly with swords like Flowen's and Dragon Slayer).

Happy hunting.

ginko990
Nov 8, 2002, 10:13 PM
Im actually pretty sure any class can get any ID, no?
I know they could on DC, my HUmar was PINKAL and my FOnewearl was a VIRIDIA. Or are you just saying what they are best for?

Vejita
Nov 8, 2002, 10:24 PM
Any class can get any ID....considering the fact that I have an Oran RAmar.....

Jeffrey
Nov 8, 2002, 10:35 PM
Then what a happy coincidence that my (offline for the forseeable future) FOmar is of the PINKAL section. I almost went to change my name when I saw the ID. I thought; "eew... it's pink." I found three rare weapons so far, all of them canes. They all seem to suck though. I can't use them for quite a while. Why do items that say they are "legendary" sell for 10 mesta?

Yeah. So I'm pretty sure that I'm badass. Especially in the Mines.
*Gizonde*
*Gizonde*
*Gizonde*
*Gizonde*

VulpesMundi
Nov 8, 2002, 10:59 PM
Those aren't specific to a class type, they're just more suited to those classes. Oran finds Dagger-class weapons more often, for example, so it's more suited to hunter classes. You're reading a bit too much into it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lman90245
Nov 10, 2002, 02:41 PM
I'm a FOmar Greennill level 57 and these are all of the rares I have (so far) in the order I found them

Photon drop- this was the first thing I found and have 4 now.

BOOMA'S CLAW- Found booma's right arm in forest 2 on hard in episode 1.

BOOMA'S CLAW- Again I found in forest 2 episode 1 (booma's right arm)

RAPPY'S FAN- Also found in forest 2 after killing a rappy it got back up and I hit it again and it dropped "Rappy's wings"

MUSASHI- I found two of these (but can't use because i'm a force) by killing the dragon in the forest in hard mode episode 1.

VISK-235W- its a ranger rare... can't use it... its a rifle (I have 2 of these)

JUSTY-23ST- another ranger rare I got from killing an AL Rappy a rifle...

SOUL EATER- got this from killing that android kareek or something like that...

WALS-MK2- Got this from killing a savage wolf in hard in the forest in episode 1, another freaking ranger rare.

DB'S SABER- again... got from the forest in Very Hard by smashing a box in episode 1. (they look cooler then the dreamcast's version of them same with varista's)

VARISTA- A "rare" handgun I have 2. one from killing an evil shark in the caves and one from a box in the forest both on very hard.

G-ASSASSIN'S SABERS- Got this REALLY POWERFULL weapon from killing a Grass Assassin in Hard in the caves in episode 1. he droppes "Grass assassin's arms" or something like that... I forgot ;p

BLADE DANCE- another "rare" weapon dagger type can't use it though _/

GOBOOMA'S CLAW- Killed a Gobooma in Very Hard in the forest when I had it made into a weapon much to my suprise I couldn't equip it because it's for hunter grrrr... but I can equip the BOOM'S CLAW its just not fair **SNIFF** Gobooma will drop something called "Gobooma's Right arm"

S-BEATS BLADES- another REALLY good weapon I can't equip _/ get "Sinow beats arms" in mines after killing a sinow beat... I got that one in Very Hard.

PROTO REGENE GEAR- This is a shield that I have to be level 66 to use _/ i'm working on it i'm at level 57... Got 2 of these actually in the mines in Very hard after killing a couple Gilchics (I can't spell oh well)

the mag that I use eventhough its not a rare... is a level 200 Marica (power mag for me) it rocks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
i'm working on an MST/Defence mag that one is only a Namuci at level 35...

other MISC things I have is the grants disc I found in hard. and the megid disc I found in very hard (both found in forest area)

I also got 4 of these things called "Amplifier of barta" what the heck am I supposed to do with these? they aren't rares either though...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lman90245 on 2002-11-10 11:58 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lman90245 on 2002-11-10 12:04 ]</font>

faceless
Nov 10, 2002, 04:28 PM
most fun use for multimode is the 'one person multicharacter level booster'

i have 12 characters, and my highest lvl char i take and go to ruins with 3 of the lower lvl chars then one at a time i make em hit the enemies in the room then go in and wipe em out with high lvl char... pretty much an offline single player clone of the same idea people used online the past 2 years... you can literally hit lv5-6 in under 10 minutes...