PDA

View Full Version : Luck or Skill

BlueKnight
Oct 2, 2006, 04:34 PM
Which one is worth more to you?

Finding a Red box on the ground? or
Doing the C-Mode and earning a S-Rank weapon and naming it?

Tallus
Oct 2, 2006, 06:57 PM
i'm offline so i'm going to have to say, finding a red box. but if you are specificly hunting for it , and managing your time well, i consider that a skill.

Neith
Oct 3, 2006, 06:59 AM
I'd consider general skill more important than either. To be able to play a class well in any situation is the most important thing in PSO. Uber-rares are nice, but they don't make you a better player (in some situations they make you worse, as you become too reliant on it). C-Mode does require an amount of skill (specifically Episode 2 c-mode), but no-one should really just run C-Mode for the reward, they should run it for the experience of working closely as a team.

Dhylec
Oct 3, 2006, 08:25 AM
UrikoBB3 wrote:
I'd consider general skill more important than either. To be able to play a class well in any situation is the most important thing in PSO. Uber-rares are nice, but they don't make you a better player (in some situations they make you worse, as you become too reliant on it). C-Mode does require an amount of skill (specifically Episode 2 c-mode), but no-one should really just run C-Mode for the reward, they should run it for the experience of working closely as a team.

Welly put. I'm thinking that the skills learned from C-mode are more valuable than hunting for rares.
There are many rares that I already have & more that I wanted to hunt, but it's just a matter of getting lucky, so real skills needed.
To earn an S-rank with a team & name it, the item is much more rewarding, specially after so many DC's I had online. C-mode teaches to make the best out of the minimums, sometimes worst situations, with just a few others. ;]

Kevino
Oct 3, 2006, 08:42 AM
i havn't accually ever finished c-mode because no online but my friend and i are gonna run it this weekend and see how we do.

Mewone
Oct 3, 2006, 10:18 AM
Considering most of the weapons I use are not S-Ranks, I'd have to say a red box is worth more to me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

RadiantLegend
Oct 3, 2006, 01:45 PM
Red Box.

Slash for months, new red box - switch, slash for months, new red box - repeat.

xxTrystanxx
Oct 3, 2006, 05:21 PM
I'd have to say skill is important to me, though it's the lure of red boxes that keeps me coming back for more. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Doing C-mode, I think, makes you into a better player. Heck, I learned tricks from the PSOX C-Mode vets that I have employed in the regular game, and that has made me a better player for it. For example, I never considered the importance of two-hit combos and stunning enemies with HUs until I had to for C-Mode. Needless to say it has made levelling up a HU much less stressful http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I also didn't know that you could beat Vol Opt much faster by just focusing on the pillars that pop up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kevino
Oct 4, 2006, 09:14 AM
NAME A WEAPON

BlueKnight
Oct 4, 2006, 09:34 AM
Yes you can name your wepon on C-mode when you get it.

Genoa
Oct 4, 2006, 01:24 PM
Finding a Red Box: Time consuming due to it being based off Chance
S-Rank: Time Consuming due to it requiring practice and skill
Harder IMO? Depends on the person. Both take alot of time and doing the same area over and over again (to find a specific rare... or if you keep failing an S-Rank area)
But in my case, I would say C-Mode because I haven't gotten to far seeing I play offline and my friends can't stand C-Mode >_>

DonRoyale
Oct 5, 2006, 02:55 PM
Skill.

You can get any rare weapon in the world, and it's worthless if you can't use it properly.

Notos
Oct 6, 2006, 01:45 PM
Without a doubt, red box. On average, it takes way longer to hunt a 1/1k rare than getting one s rank.