PDA

View Full Version : PSU: On Myspace

Dahilia
Oct 3, 2006, 10:46 PM
It's embarassing enough to admit I have a Myspace (though barely used) because of RL friends, but I thought I'd share this anyway.

Many companies use Myspace to reach their fanbases so this didn't surprise me all that much. I got an email reading "Phantasy Star Universe wants to be your friend!"

I checked it out, thinking it might be a fan's space.
http://www.myspace.com/phantasystaruniverse
The Engrish and overall manner of the page says otherwise.

There's some streaming media, too, for those intrested in some of the music.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dahilia on 2006-10-03 20:49 ]</font>

foamcup
Oct 3, 2006, 10:50 PM
Myspace is for children.

-Break-
Oct 3, 2006, 10:50 PM
Myspace is the devil...

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 3, 2006, 10:52 PM
myspace more liek emospace amirite?

-Break-
Oct 3, 2006, 10:52 PM
Devil children from the 9th circle of Hell. Who cut themselves.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-10-03 20:52 ]</font>

foamcup
Oct 3, 2006, 10:53 PM
On 2006-10-03 20:52, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
myspace more liek emospace amirite?

Yes sir.

-Break-
Oct 3, 2006, 10:56 PM
Let's not forget the alternative: slutspace

Sinue_v2
Oct 3, 2006, 10:57 PM
I'd check out the link, but I blocked MySpace at the router.

Kindaichi
Oct 3, 2006, 10:57 PM
Why is myspace so popular? Whatever....I just want psu.

Numnuttz
Oct 3, 2006, 11:00 PM
who woulda thought.PSU has invaded myspace or is it the other way around?lol

foamcup
Oct 3, 2006, 11:01 PM
On 2006-10-03 20:57, Sinue_v2 wrote:
I'd check out the link, but I blocked MySpace at the router.

That's what I'm talking about.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 3, 2006, 11:02 PM
Neither, Myspace has invaded common decency and intelligence.

Head for the hills. Now.

-Break-
Oct 3, 2006, 11:03 PM
Myspace infects thing like an evil, incompetent virus. I wonder if George Bush has been Myspacing it up lately...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-10-03 21:04 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Oct 3, 2006, 11:08 PM
Oh god no... PSU CUTS ITSELF AND LISTENS TO BAD MUSIC TOO! We've lost another one to teenage angst and melodrama... -_-

:3

Alisha
Oct 3, 2006, 11:24 PM
some of those icons could be used as avatars. im pretty sure psow doesnt have leia or liina avatars wich sucks =/

woah that image by the music clips looks pretty sapphic like utena i want a bigger pic of it =o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-10-03 21:30 ]</font>

phunk
Oct 4, 2006, 12:05 AM
I like the hate towards MySpace on here.

/endsarcasm

Just because you may not have one or think its too cool, scene or way too conforming to get one doesn't mean its a bad service.

Myspace is great for networking, especially in the entertainment industry.

I will admit that there are kids on the service that misuse it as a Livejournal... meh, thats their problem, not mine.

Sinue_v2
Oct 4, 2006, 12:36 AM
Just because you may not have one or think its too cool, scene or way too conforming to get one doesn't mean its a bad service.

Yes, it does.

Although MySpace does serve a useful purpose - it collects giant masses of idiots in one place and tags them so that you know right where they are.

It's the Geocities of the mid 2000's.

phunk
Oct 4, 2006, 12:56 AM
On 2006-10-03 22:36, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Yes, it does.

Although MySpace does serve a useful purpose - it collects giant masses of idiots in one place and tags them so that you know right where they are.

It's the Geocities of the mid 2000's.

To each his own.

I've seen the idiocy you talk about, there's a lot of it. Heh, its the internet though, so what can you do but ignore it?

I'll be damned if the blog of a 14 year old depressed or attention-seeking kid spoils my fun. Honestly, I don't understand how it gets to everyone.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 4, 2006, 01:00 AM
It doesn't really "get to" anyone per se. You see, people just like to complain about things in general, especially about people or behaviors which they deem deviant.

In other words, people only point at Emospace and laugh because they need something to laugh at, and Emospace presents itself as an easy target.

phunk
Oct 4, 2006, 01:05 AM
On 2006-10-03 23:00, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
It doesn't really "get to" anyone per se. You see, people just like to complain about things in general, especially about people or behaviors which they deem deviant.

In other words, people only point at Emospace and laugh because they need something to laugh at, and Emospace presents itself as an easy target.

Heh,

True... hell, emo doesn't bother me one bit, if they enjoy complaining about life or whatever the hell they do, more power to them.

Personally, I don't waste my time obsessing what people do for leisure on myspace.

AnamanaAU
Oct 4, 2006, 01:32 AM
Calling myspace emo is like calling every band in the world emo. Because, there's more than just emo on myspace. But then again, it's easy to be a sheep and just go by whatever everyone else says so you don't look different.

-Crokar-
Oct 4, 2006, 01:39 AM
i have a myspace. i use it to keep up with old friends. its quite useful actually

AnamanaAU
Oct 4, 2006, 01:40 AM
On 2006-10-03 23:39, -Crokar- wrote:
i have a myspace. i use it to keep up with old friends. its quite useful actually

Indeed, that's what I use it for. Unless all these people complaining don't have friends they can keep up with. LOL!

phunk
Oct 4, 2006, 01:49 AM
Myspace is great, most of the people that I have seen complain about it happen to be those non-conformist types. The whole, "I'm not going to do it because everyone else is on there, that way I can be an individual-" blah, blah, etc....

Its just a really nice tool to keep in touch with others and network.

AnamanaAU
Oct 4, 2006, 01:50 AM
Non-conformist, but conform into being non-conformist. There is no such thing as non-conformist in reality. I think it's hilarious. It's like people going goth and saying it's to be different, but when they're really conforming into another norm.

phunk
Oct 4, 2006, 01:52 AM
On 2006-10-03 23:50, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Non-conformist, but conform into being non-conformist. There is no such thing as non-conformist in reality. I think it's hilarious. It's like people going goth and saying it's to be different, but when they're really conforming into another norm.

Yep, pointless and very contradicting really.

RamenEater
Oct 4, 2006, 01:58 AM
Everytime I hear that song "Save the world" i want to rip out my ears because of the horrible accent and lyrics lol

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 4, 2006, 02:03 AM

Yes, I know, and I have no problem with that. I use a LiveJournal for the same thing.

I only post stuff like "myspace more liek emospace" for the lolz and the +1s.

AnamanaAU
Oct 4, 2006, 02:12 AM
On 2006-10-04 00:03, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

Yes, I know, and I have no problem with that. I use a LiveJournal for the same thing.

I only post stuff like "myspace more liek emospace" for the lolz and the +1s.

It's about as oversaid and unfunny as every single chuck norris joke.

EJ
Oct 4, 2006, 02:12 AM
You do realize myspace is the new way to advertise to many people for free.

Zael
Oct 4, 2006, 02:16 AM
-_- myspace is full of retards but not 100% retards

Sinue_v2
Indeed, that's what I use it for. Unless all these people complaining don't have friends they can keep up with. LOL!

It's called a phone. When you want to talk to someone, or keep in touch.. yeah, that's part of what it was invented for. I don't need to make my eyes bleed looking at someone's dog-shittly designed erector-set of a website - which for some reason always contains WAY too much glitter - to get in touch with them.

And yes.. I know the hypocracy of that statement - considering I used a generic Wiki template for my own site. Bite me, at least I have to learn about database management and administration - no matter how slowly.

But then again, it's easy to be a sheep and just go by whatever everyone else says so you don't look different.

Well, apperantly the number of people who like or are neutral to LieSpace outnumber those who don't. So actually, it's one sheep from a herd telling another sheep from a herd that they're just following the herd. What?... wait... then phunk says our opinions are invalid because we're just getting off on being non-conformists - in which, in the contents of this thread, he is the non-conformist and is practically celebrating it...

Is that considered paradoxial...

My head hurts now...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-10-04 00:18 ]</font>

Drown
Yeah, people like to complain about stuff.

And, lets just not bother to point out the irony of complaining about people complaining.

So... I guess the point is... uh...

Regardless, I think myspace can be handy, particularly if its used to keep up with friends, or get info on the best game ever, as in this case.

AnamanaAU
Oct 4, 2006, 02:19 AM
On 2006-10-04 00:16, Sinue_v2 wrote:

It's called a phone. When you want to talk to someone, or keep in touch.. yeah, that's part of what it was invented for. I don't need to make my eyes bleed looking at someone's dog-shittly designed erector-set of a website - which for some reason always contains WAY too much glitter - to get in touch with them.

And yes.. I know the hypocracy of that statement - considering I used a generic Wiki template for my own site. Bite me, at least I have to learn about database management and administration - no matter how slowly.

But then again, it's easy to be a sheep and just go by whatever everyone else says so you don't look different.

Well, apperantly the number of people who like or are neutral to LieSpace outnumber those who don't. So actually, it's one sheep from a herd telling another sheep from a herd that they're just following the herd. What?... wait... then phunk says our opinions are invalid because we're just getting off on being non-conformists - in which, in the contents of this thread, he is the non-conformist and is practically celebrating it...

My head hurts now...

Hypocrite.

Drown
Oct 4, 2006, 02:21 AM
So much animosity for so little cause...

AnamanaAU
Oct 4, 2006, 02:23 AM
Blame those who trolled over a new PSU site (The myspace.)

phunk
Oct 4, 2006, 02:40 AM

My head hurts now...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-10-04 00:18 ]</font>
I never once labled anyone in this thread a "non-conformist".

In fact, what I did say was,

"most of the people that I have seen complain about it happen to be those non-conformist types."

Thats just speaking from my own experience with people that have bashed myspace when the topic was brought up.

In this case, thats all on you. If you don't like Myspace for whatever reason thats your decision and it isn't my place to tell you otherwise.

However, when one person makes the assumption that everyone who is a user of the service is either fake, "emo", seeking attention or whatever else may pop into their heads, I find it annoying, yes.

It is true that those individuals -the ones that cry on their blogs because they missed a show, or pointless suicide threats- do spark up a lot of interest on message boards. However, I find it hard to believe that everyone who uses Myspace share those traits or just subscribes in order to seek attention.

First it was LiveJournal; those users were picked on for posting their "emotional" stories about life and whatnot. Then it was Myspace, Facebook, and a plethora of other online communities. Now its Youtube, with its video-blogging.

If people see the internet as a tool for them to get their fustrations -whether they be conjured up or not-, let them be. The only thing funny about a person poking fun of someone's lifestyle is the simple-minded jackass doing it.

Sinue_v2
Oct 4, 2006, 02:42 AM
I wasn't aware that this was considered trolling, considering that this isn't Myspace - nor - a Myspace oriented forum. The OP even knew it was touchy to post about here, and noted that they were embarassed to admit that they have a Myspace.

If anyone is "trolling", it's because they're being stirred up by people who can't understand the "conformist non-conformists" who don't care for Myspace reguardless of questioning weither or not those opposers have a valid reason for not liking the site. That's called "Feeding the Trolls", and is just as bad.

El-Ahrairah
Oct 4, 2006, 02:42 AM
If I were to really care what people think, I would be more embarrassed to admit having a profile on here before myspace.

El-Ahrairah
Oct 4, 2006, 02:45 AM
**** you guys can take a look at mine...

http://www.myspace.com/addalink

Have fun dookie brains.

AnamanaAU
Oct 4, 2006, 02:49 AM
This myspace debate is actually better than most of the angst and half-assed posting that's been on this board the past while.

phunk
Oct 4, 2006, 02:54 AM
Chances are it'll get locked.

El-Ahrairah
Oct 4, 2006, 02:59 AM
The fact that people are argueing about this is terrible. Myspace is a networking site, and is successful at what it was made for. This is a forum about a video game, and is equally successful at what its made for. My brothers live in different states, and are bums and cant pay a phone bill. But they can get on the internet at thier work so myspace is the only real way to communicate with them. That makes easy to stay in touch. If you like myspace you like it, if you dont you dont. Any comments trying to convince someone that myspace is evil or retarded are just as dumb as "The South Will Rise Again" statement.

Sinue_v2
Oct 4, 2006, 03:02 AM
Thanks for the link, but as I said - MySpace is blocked from my router. I had to do it since we have a 15 year old slut living in the house who likes to tell people she's 20 years old and way too horny for her own good setting up dates with people even older than I am over MySpace.

Though even if it weren't blocked, I wouldn't visit anyhow. Last MySpace I seen had a stick-figure Hitler dancing with a pickle animation tiled as a background, which by the way consisted mostly of bright red to nicely compliment his black text - ensuring that nobody could actually read the shit he posted.

Edit: I don't think El here realizes we're (at least I) am actually having fun here - with no hard feelings intended. I don't even see it as an argument - just spam. More entertaining at least, than nii-pah or fruit/food icons.

And yes.. this probably will get locked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-10-04 01:05 ]</font>

phunk
Oct 4, 2006, 03:03 AM
On 2006-10-04 01:02, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Thanks for the link, but as I said - MySpace is blocked from my router. I had to do it since we have a 15 year old slut living in the house who likes to tell people she's 20 years old and way too horny for her own good setting up dates with people even older than I am over MySpace.

Ah!

So thats why you don't go there!

=P

AnamanaAU
Oct 4, 2006, 03:04 AM
On 2006-10-04 01:02, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Though even if it weren't blocked, I wouldn't visit anyhow. Last MySpace I seen had a stick-figure Hitler dancing with a pickle animation tiled as a background, which by the way consisted mostly of bright red to nicely compliment his black text - ensuring that nobody could actually read the shit he posted.

That is a good reason to block it, I must admit. Kids are brought up horribly these days.

Alisha
Oct 4, 2006, 03:08 AM
i hate myspace because its what everyone else is doing.like it or hate it, its part of my personality. i hate rockstar and black king bar for the same reason. sad thing is its not new. black planet existed long before myspace did,and as far as i can tell they are the same thing.

El-Ahrairah
Oct 4, 2006, 03:08 AM
"Though even if it weren't blocked, I wouldn't visit anyhow."

Bravo, my funkin hero... you have successfully proven that your idiocy is only surpassed by your ignorance... If you're attacking myspace simply because it is what it is, you must not grasp the concept of convenience and usefulness.

Ryogen
Oct 4, 2006, 03:12 AM
Even though I'm not a myspace user (or use any kind of online profiling) I think it's a cool page.

El-Ahrairah
Oct 4, 2006, 03:12 AM
I understand if you dont like it, whatever to each thier own. But if you honestly think making fun of or hassling someone because they have one is appropriate, your state of mind is above ridicules.

El-Ahrairah
Oct 4, 2006, 03:14 AM
Were you referring to mine Ryogen?

Ryogen
Oct 4, 2006, 03:17 AM
On 2006-10-04 01:14, El-Ahrairah wrote:
Were you referring to mine Ryogen?

I was talking about the one the author posted... I didn't read though the whole topic yet but I can guess what it's mainly about.

Ryogen
Oct 4, 2006, 03:25 AM
Now that I seen yours, it's not like I got a hate towards it, as I'm a breakdancer so i thought it's alright. I'm just saying I don't do online profiling. Although it's sad when some teens and kids expose too much about themselves, but it's not my fault, it's parents fault. It's hate or love with Myspace and me...I'm just not interested in online profiling but I do READ if someone wants me to read it. That is why I looked at yours.

People in my guild has myspace too, can't hate people for what they do and their activities, but as long as they are being safe with it, it's coo.

Sinue_v2
Oct 4, 2006, 03:30 AM
This is funny... he's really pissed isn't he?

Sev
Oct 4, 2006, 03:33 AM
I post "Blogs" on my Myspace to get a laugh out of friends. If you use it correctly, it really could be helpful...

With that said... No. I don't really use it correctly. It's a good way to waste time on some days when I'm bored. It's not really a chore to update it, and sometimes you get very interesting bulletins and comments. That's really the only reason I keep it around, it's not a bad way to keep occupied at times. I can see why some people would hate it, but I really don't have a problem with it.

I like posting "Lessons" every now and then.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2006-10-04 01:34 ]</font>

El-Ahrairah
Oct 4, 2006, 03:43 AM
Im not pissed at all, even though it would come off that I am... Im just speaking the truth which no one has yet to try and sway my position on this particular subject. Again I'm not trying to convince anybody to like or use myspace, you can hate it all you will. But if someone is going to assult others for thier preference of utilizing myspace's obvious standard conveniences, I will state thier ignant state of being.

FrogKicker
Oct 4, 2006, 06:36 AM
pfft...PFFT pso-world? More like emo-world...amiriteamirite!?!?

>_>

*runs*

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 4, 2006, 06:54 AM
i don't really care, I have one but I'm not gonna talk about how emo I am or that I'm gonna slit my wrists or anything. I only use it for networking and expressing myself, and this should at least be moved to off-topic or something since were not even talking about PSU here.

kassy
Oct 4, 2006, 07:07 AM

I don't need to make my eyes bleed looking at someone's dog-shittly designed erector-set of a website - which for some reason always contains WAY too much glitter - to get in touch with them.

LMAO

*applauds*

Saphion
Oct 4, 2006, 07:10 AM
Evidently this MySpace page was designed for Every Hunters Of PSO.

Wubbie
Oct 4, 2006, 10:52 AM
This isn't an official sega space...

Look at all the pictures, they're all hosted by Photobucket... No company in their right mind would host images on Photobucket and uses OTHER PEOPLES videos from Youtube...

The Sonic Team Myspace is fake too.

SephYuyX
Oct 4, 2006, 11:21 AM
I bet if you sent tiny nukes to the houses of those who used myspace, it would solve the worlds problems.

Hunger, racial issues, teen predators, cancer, aids, the war in iraq, global warming, console wars, elephantitis, gas ran engines, the national deficit, pollution crossing international borders, global arms sales and arming of third world countries, multinationals manufacturing in countries with cheap labor and weak environmental laws, and many more things wrong with the world, would all be nonexistent if myspace users seized to exist.

Deprimenthia
Oct 4, 2006, 11:51 AM
My URL
http://www.myspace.com/mordadigsjalv

Because I am SO "emo". Fuck. That word gets used too much. Idiots =/

Dahilia
Oct 4, 2006, 12:17 PM
On 2006-10-03 21:24, Alisha wrote:
woah that image by the music clips looks pretty sapphic like utena i want a bigger pic of it =o

I'll keep an eye out for one for you. I thought it was cool looking, too.
(Shame the game isn't outright sapphic natured. /cry)

adamgnome104
Oct 8, 2006, 01:03 PM
Wow PSU really has nice music? Where can you find the soundtracks that are mentioned on the site?

CupOfCoffee
Oct 8, 2006, 02:30 PM
On 2006-10-04 09:21, SephirothYuyX wrote:
I bet if you sent tiny nukes to the houses of those who used myspace, it would solve the worlds problems.

Hunger, racial issues, teen predators, cancer, aids, the war in iraq, global warming, console wars, elephantitis, gas ran engines, the national deficit, pollution crossing international borders, global arms sales and arming of third world countries, multinationals manufacturing in countries with cheap labor and weak environmental laws, and many more things wrong with the world, would all be nonexistent if myspace users seized to exist.

I think we'd ought to get rid of the Japanophiles, too. What do you think, Sephiroth? *wink wink*

Jokes aside, I find the people who relentelssly bash MySpace to be far stupider and far tougher to be around than the people who post a hundred dumb bulletins a day and make blogs crying about their boy/girlfriends and set terrible songs on their profiles that play on autostart. Scrub was right, some of you fuckers from PSU General are vicious assholes. I suggest people like the guy I quoted above adopt a live and let live perspective or they'll end up bitter goons on the internet making fun of the newest trend that makes its fans happier, regardless of how emo or conformist or retarded it seems. If MySpace were actually harming people in some way, I could see all the resentment... but all it does is let kids keep in contact with each other. Open your eyes, people, seriously.

Oh yeah, eat it. http://www.myspace.com/detectivejaybird Hahahaha.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2006, 03:30 PM
Hmm maybe all those kids who are harrased by strangers on myspace should put their profiles on private and not accept unknown strangers to be their friends, I'm not sure but maybe that might help.

Oh and I have a myspace so yeah were not all emo kids who cut themselves.
XP