PDA

View Full Version : URGENT!! My Dad One Money on an Internet Sweepstakes

Anubis_
Oct 4, 2006, 06:13 PM
No joke..

In short, me and him have the same name.. a letter came, and I opened it. And there was a check came for $3000.

I know what a check looks like.. i looked at it front and back. So did my mom, and its real.

He had a dead line to collect some more money but he missed it cause the letter sat on a table for like 2 weeks.

He has to pay a couple hundred to some kind of account so he can stay in the sweepstakes. But my point is.. He won.. and I don't get it.. I thought those things were all shams but. Apparently some of them live up to what they say.

Tallus
Oct 4, 2006, 06:29 PM
i read an article about it in my local paper. DON"T SEND THEM MONEY! it's a scam. they ask you to send in a few hundred bucks, and then you find out that the check they sent you bounced. don't do it.

edit: oops.. too late ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tallus on 2006-10-04 16:29 ]</font>

solidsolo
Oct 6, 2006, 01:31 PM
its WON not ONE..

Blenjar
Oct 6, 2006, 03:13 PM
lol, send me 10k dude...we go way back...remember?

-- Blen

Kizaragu
Oct 6, 2006, 03:26 PM
I hate scams like that and it annoys me to no end how people are still gullible enough to fall for them.
Who to be angry at hmm? The idiot who falls for it, or the scam artist who gives them the option too? The age old "Don't hate the player, hate the game" scenario.

A WEINER IS YOU!
I can afford to give away this random large sum of money to you, YES YOU stranger for no real reason other than because you clicked or replied to sum stupid advert, cleverly discuised as a competition.
Though I'm rich enough and able to afford to give large sums away like no tomorow, I need you money to look after it. Why? Because I need big burly heavilly gaurded men with english accents to gaurd said sum of cash in a maximum security safe.
They will also need lunch money.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2006-10-06 13:28 ]</font>

Firocket1690
Oct 6, 2006, 04:52 PM
On 2006-10-04 16:13, Anubis_ wrote
I know what a check looks like.. i looked at it front and back. So did my mom, and its real.
1) OPEN MAILGET CHECK
2) GET CHECK
3) DEPOSIT
4) ?????
5) PROFIT!

He had a dead line to collect some more money but he missed it cause the letter sat on a table for like 2 weeks.
Don't be greedy.
Actually. Why do you want to pay someone to pay you?
You pay people for free money? Bullshit.

Kevino
Oct 9, 2006, 08:58 AM
yay bullshit.