PDA

View Full Version : Whats your online-Karma? XD (Read this if you dis).

LeonFlowenX
Oct 4, 2006, 08:12 PM
Read all of the following before replying.
Go ahead, be a good person!

Phantasy Star Online (Version 1)
*PSODC*
---------------------------------
Hackers begin to play the game by their rules, their standards, their way.
The CodeBreaker is in legal existance for the Sega DreamCast and is used for hacking video games and MODyfing video game code to meet the wants of the hacker(s) involved.
Codes are made public... codes that work for the CodeBreaker.
Sonic Team reacts by fixing all of the codes made by patching the (m) code for the current CodeBreaker codes.
Soon after, the hackers make a new (m) code and makes new codes... codes Sonic team did nothing to.
PK was one of the hacks the hackers made, and is the reason why Battle Mode was created in PSODC Version 2. Yes, Battle Mode was inspisred by the lack of ability to fight fellow PSO players.

Phantasy Star Online (Version 2)
*PSODC/PSOPC*
---------------------------------
Rumored to be more hacked than Version 1, Version 2 had its share of hacks and cheats. However, Sonic Team stopped caring at about this time, and so the hackers had it their way.
Tools used: CodeBreaker (PSODC), and too many to name for PSOPC.
All codes/hack became public and widely used.

PSODC Version 1/Version 2 and PSOPC both suffered in the fact that things such as NOL and other effects such as PK could be done in the Lobby... The game itself could basically be messed around with while in the Lobby... Example: With a certain code/hack, you could cast techs in the Lobby and kill other people... You could see your items in the Lobby... you could spawn enemies like Dark Falz in the Lobby, etc. In later versions of PSO, this will not be possible.
And no, they did not fix this from Version 1 - Version 2.

Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II - and III (GameCube)
-------------------------------------------------------
Sonic Team releases Episode I&II and eventually Episode III for the Nintendo GameCube.
Things such as NOL, PK in the Lobby, and RSOD have been patched. However, this was because of the data on the disc. The only things Sonic Team ever patched after the official release was double save (which they soon re-added for all versions but PSO Plus... talk about a way to make money... this should be proof enough right here that Sonic Team is nothing but a group of greedy bastards... and yes, they did remove double save for all versions at a time, don't debate that with me... PSOGC for 4+ years).
Oh uh... other things they fixed...: Reload at welcome screen (before ship select), a few other harmful effects at the welcome screen done by a proxy/bot, shop dupe and multi-equip (on PSO Plus), aaaand... thats pretty much it!
Yes, shop dupe remained in PSO ever since Version 1. Why? Wouldn't we all love to know.
They could have patched it right at Version 2 DC.

Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II (Xbox)
------------------------------------------
Basically in the same shape as PSOGC except... worse.
The event is now stuck on Christmas and the servers are run by Microsoft, not Sega/Sonic Team.
There was a "fight" between Sega and Microsoft recently and many of the online quests got taken down for a good while (they are now baxck up).
There is a glitch that no other PSO versions have that allows you to change your character name before going online.
There were never any "update" discs for PSOX as there were for PSOGC. Just one version per region (U.S./EU/JP).
Voice chat spam is also an issue...
I mean, we have 12 year kids running around with mouths like sailors. @_@

Note: PSOGC/PSOX still contain MANY glitches/bugs that were around in Version 1 DreamCast... never fixed.

They could make conditions better easily...
A 16 year old in CA created a server program by himself that supported PSOPC and PSOGC with ALOT less problems (like FSOD, Corruption, etc.) And a big company like Sonic Team/Sega cant? ...lol.

PSOBB
------
The latest addition to the Phantasy Star Online (not PSU) series.
Some may say Sonic Team actually started careing...
Well, don't be fooled so easily.
If you were to I.M. me and ask, I have, on this PC, a large file of PSOBB cheats/hacks.
Yes, they are public if you know where to look.
PSOBB hackers have the ability, unlike in PSOGC and PSOX, to NOL you (and yes, the effects save). So... wtf? A two-game fix?
PSOBB is also what I call an "incomplete game" in the fact that Sonic Team has released many Official Patches to alter the game itself...
These patches include removal of the ELENOR Mag.
PC Games are the most frequently hacked games because of all the tools available to hack with on the PC.
GameGuard has successfully been bypassed, and the methods are public.
The Gene Flow and red Ring recently became legit on PSOBB, but guess what? JP only dudes. Yea... JP only... its ashame isn't it?...
PSOBB is in the same position as all of the older PSO versions, Sonic Team just made it look good with their special characters and server side saving which has been bypassed millions of times before PSOBB came out.

In conclusion:
---------------
Play PSO any way you wish. Its your game, it was your money spent, and its your life.
Ever use the Debug mode in Sonic or the level-skip code in the T2 Arcade game?... or similar public cheats/hacks?
Lets be honest.
Same principal.
Online, if you don't like it when people use cheats/hacks, don't play with them. Stop bitching about it and go on with your day. If you try to make fun of people and try to change them to your way of playing on an online video game, then you must really have issues in real life (note this is my post and my guide on PSO hacking history, so don't try to flame me for "trying to change your way of playing." I am not. I am simply trying to get legits to stfu about hackers and hackers to stfu about legits).
If they FSOD you or cause your data any harm, report it to Sonic Team with their "NEW: REPORT ONLINE ABUSE FORM" or find a way to anti it yourself. Hack to create an anti. <--Isn't knowledge great?
Its all been said before, now stfu about hateing the other type of player and go on about your game. If they interfere, figure out your new strategy with out without the help of Sonic team/Sega.
If your going to play a game that dead in support, then be prepared to take matters into your own hands.

My problem - Example:

On 2006-10-04 15:14, Rekitheforce wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-09-29 17:52, DONTOSE wrote:
coooollll!! im going to trie and make my cast do that

Another cheater... Okay, sure I can handle that. Btw you spelled "human" wrong. No "e" pal.

We don't need that.
No one really cares about your ignorant narrow minded way of life.
Get help. Leave everyone alone.
In real life, don't you bitch about world peace when you can't be nice on the friggin internet.

Heres a nice guide for you all also (PSO or any game/computer subject)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Black Hat Hacker: Someone who causes chaos and madness such as corruption of data, FSOD, and other black-hearted things.

White Hat Hacker: Someone who does good and anti's everything bad... helps other people.

Gray hat Hacker: A little bit of both (this is the way to go... antis + revenge knowledge).
(I, personally, would be a gray. If your not, then idc... just don't fuck with me).

Note I typed out this post in a .txt file and it may contain many spelling errors. If so, don't complain... i'll fix them eventually.

Peace for all players.
Now stfu and go play some PSO.

RubyEclipse
Oct 5, 2006, 02:54 AM
Ok.

I also hereby officially challenge you to hack PSOBB (since it's just so easy) and cause chaos and destruction within the lobbies. Bring on the pain, buddy, and set up a timer - you'll want it to take note of how long you manage to last.

You threw out some rather large accusations there, so back them up! Let's see how things go. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Neith
Oct 5, 2006, 08:06 AM
Or, you could just ignore the script kiddies on GC, and the omgd00ps on Blue Burst, and play the game.

It doesn't matter what 'h4x0rz' do to PSO, there has always been a legitimate community to counter-balance that. Sure, PSO is slowly getting less populated now, with JP PSU out, and US/EU PSU on the horizon, but after 3 years, I can honestly say that 'hackers' haven't particularly phased me in the slightest. The only thing I regret is buying 3rd party memory cards first time around.

BB may be hackable, but really, what's the point? Self-satisfaction? People who hack think they're the big man? I mean, maybe 150 players left on US BB, many of which are dispersed throughout the blocks anyway, so I can't see any hack attempts creating an uproar anyway. Maybe back when there were 1000+ players, but not now.

Worst a hacker (hacker, lol no- script kiddie or AR n00b) has managed to do to me is make me lose a Demo Comet and Red Sword- which I'd found again within a week.

On the other side, i will say that hacking (in some situations) I'd find acceptable, such as using an AR to restore a high level corrupted character, or for making weapons to mess around with in Battle mode offline. As long as no EXP is gained thorugh hack weapons/equip, I don't mind. What I do like to see is a hacker/duper admit they are one, instead of what we have on BB, with many people posing as legitimate.

watashiwa
Oct 5, 2006, 10:31 AM
On 2006-10-05 00:54, RubyEclipse wrote:
I also hereby officially challenge you to hack PSOBB (since it's just so easy) and cause chaos and destruction within the lobbies. Bring on the pain, buddy, and set up a timer - you'll want it to take note of how long you manage to last.

You threw out some rather large accusations there, so back them up! Let's see how things go. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eh, it's not about "how long you manage to last". Who cares if you just ban people? That's not fixing the problem.

If I released my PSOBB proxy to the public, your server would be officially fucked.

You can ban whomever you want, but new people would just keep coming and causing problems. Crashing the lobbies, games, users.. Banning one person wouldn't be a fix for a public problem. You're just lucky that neither my proxy, Kohle's or Schhthack's aren't made public.

Also, I would like to correct LeonFlowenX there, though. The NOL effects on players don't save on PSOBB. You can just logoff and log back on.. and you're back to normal.

But, yeah, crashing entire lobbies, ships, games, creating items, warping people without their consent, and so on and so forth is entirely possible on PSOBB. (And I don't even have to bother bypassing Gameguard..)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-10-05 08:33 ]</font>

LeonFlowenX
Oct 5, 2006, 04:26 PM
RubyEclipse: I don't play PSOBB. Therefore, I have no wishes to hack it.
I wouldn't waste my money on PSO access, so if you do, then ... yea...
Now, please stop replying before you use the internet and gather information on the "behind-the-scenes" of PSO.
PSOW and ragol.co.uk aren't the only PSO-based website/forums you know.
One last thing...
Why would I bother messing with your gaming experience?
You don't even play on the same servers that I do XD

My suggestion: Quit the net.

Soda: Thanks for the correction...
I don't play PSOBB (as stated above) I just have heard talk about NOL saving... I know its possible though... saw some pics...

Anyway...

The admins/MODs are probably going to edit those names (****hack)... you know what im saying.

And congrats on not having to bypass GameGuard. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

xxTrystanxx
Oct 6, 2006, 04:56 PM
You claim to be trying to get everyone to "STFU" about hackers, but your words are dripping with disdain for "legits." You seem to feel the need to justify yourself, and keep telling everyone to "quit the game" or "quit the net." If you hate the damn game so much and think you're wasting your time/money why do you spend so much time defending hacking on this board?

Rekitheforce
Oct 6, 2006, 06:56 PM
On 2006-10-04 18:12, LeonFlowenX wrote:

My problem - Example:

On 2006-10-04 15:14, Rekitheforce wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-09-29 17:52, DONTOSE wrote:
coooollll!! im going to trie and make my cast do that

Another cheater... Okay, sure I can handle that. Btw you spelled "human" wrong. No "e" pal.

We don't need that.
No one really cares about your ignorant narrow minded way of life.
Get help. Leave everyone alone.
In real life, don't you bitch about world peace when you can't be nice on the friggin internet.

Awwww... I was used as a bad example. I already said sorry... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

LeonFlowenX
Oct 7, 2006, 12:59 AM
On 2006-10-06 14:56, xxTrystanxx wrote:
You claim to be trying to get everyone to "STFU" about hackers, but your words are dripping with disdain for "legits." You seem to feel the need to justify yourself, and keep telling everyone to "quit the game" or "quit the net." If you hate the damn game so much and think you're wasting your time/money why do you spend so much time defending hacking on this board?

Trystan, I really don't want to get into this with you... especially since you play PSOX... step onto PSOGC for a bit. It may be more up-to-date, but it really is in worse shape... Im not even sure if log-in is possible anymore you see.

I tell people who need to quit the net to do so.
Its friendly advice. I wasn't asking for a "standoff" with this 12 year old (RubyEclipse) in any way whatsoever. He jumped the gun on that one.

I don't pay to play PSO anymore you see, thats where your post gets screwed up...

I defend hackers because hackers don't complain about legits... legits complain about others. Its like the world and the Christian population if you think about it.

My whole point of this topic was to try and make peace between the two. Just because on person corrupts your memory card does not mean all hackers/cheaters are bad.

watashiwa
Oct 7, 2006, 01:38 AM
I don't even play Blue Burst anymore.. haven't for months.. but I made a video for RubyEclipse, just to show how secure Blue Burst is..

You can download it from http://www.pioneer2.net/bb/BlueBurst_Security.avi

Of course, you'll need the XviD codec...

You should show that to Clumsy and see if he can get some of that patched.

RubyEclipse
Oct 9, 2006, 01:17 AM
Alrighty Leon, let's not twist my words or my arguement here. Instead of attempting to degrade me by calling me a 12 year old, what you need to do is answer/refute the original statement I'm making.

Watashiwa: I'm not saying PSOBB isn't hackable. It is, and has been, and that point is pretty well known. I'll definitely agree that it can be hacked; no 150+ meg videos are even needed to prove that. That said, let's clarify some things first and foremost.

My arguement is not that PSOBB is hack-proof. Rather, it is that anyone who causes problems on the PSOBB servers on a noticable scale (lolz look, I can crash blocks!) will be reported by the community and smacked upside the head by the banhammer shortly after.

An actual, responsive tech support group was inherently lacking (on a US scale) from just about... well, every single PSO version before PSOBB came out. The fact that PSOBB has a functional - and fast - team to handle problems is specifically what ensures that it does not suffer the traditional ailments that have plagued previous versions.

So sure, it's hackable, but all the disadvantages Leon provides specifically are either blatantly incorrect or just plain stupid and lacking any foundation. Leon, nothing personal here, but you concede as well that you don't even play the game - Watashiwa's arguementation is much stronger in that he actually plays/has played, no matter what servers he's playing it on. Your attacks, however, as shown below:

PSOBB is in the same position as all of the older PSO versions, Sonic Team just made it look good with their special characters and server side saving which has been bypassed millions of times before PSOBB came out.

Right. Your entire arguement here contradicts itself - there was no server side saving on either DC or GC (Not sure about Xbox, can someone clarify this?) , and as a result there's no way server side saving could be bypassed "Millions of times" before it was even implemented.

Next, you say that PSOBB is just the same as the older versions. Again though, your lack of foundation is the problem. To prove my side, I'll offer up the entirety of Episode IV, the entire Official Team System, the special team quest Point of Disaster, all five Ep. IV War of Limits quests (similar to EN), Deal with Black Paper, Soldier's Pride, higher graphics potentials overall, and, certainly not the least of these, the arrival of a true tech support team that works with users and bans users who harm the community.

I don't want to get mixed up in a Hackers V Legits debate. Those have been going on since the arrival of the ever-elusive DB saber, and will probably continue to. My arguement with you, Leon, is that you are basing assumptions on hearsay and seemingly one-sided information only when it fits your agenda. Watashiwa is correct that PSOBB is hackable, but again, that's not what I'm arguing in the first place.

I respect your opinion and your right to dig into/refute my arguements, and I believe that doing so is much better achieved when no flamebait exists in the first place. If my first post was a bit too extreme, then apologies - but outlined herein are the arguements that truly need to be met, and they are the foundation upon which I hope you will offer me the same respect as I have offered you.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Oct 9, 2006, 01:59 AM
I don't have Xbox, but it does save to the HD.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aisha_Clan-Clan on 2006-10-09 00:00 ]</font>

Lovejuice
Oct 9, 2006, 02:49 PM
Somewhat off-topic but, Watashiwa, what is the name of the song that plays in your video at around 16:06 until 18:15?

I've got all the rest down, but can't seem to put my finger on that one. Overly dramatic gutiar riffs make me cheery, do share!

watashiwa
Oct 9, 2006, 03:23 PM
I'll tell you when I get home! Promise! Look for this post to be edited in, like, uh.. two or three hours..

**BASICALLY POST SPACE RESERVING MY FUTURE POST**

EDIT: It's called "VS. Inferno Lord ~Fire Leo" and it's a Capcom song from the "Viewtiful Joe Complete Unofficial Soundtrack". It's track 6 of the 2nd disc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-10-09 15:31 ]</font>

Lovejuice
Oct 9, 2006, 04:21 PM
On 2006-10-09 13:23, watashiwa wrote:
I'll tell you when I get home! Promise! Look for this post to be edited in, like, uh.. two or three hours..

**BASICALLY POST SPACE RESERVING MY FUTURE POST**

A lovely man you are. I send you many e-Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Great, thanks. Got it from the VJ1 + VJ2 2-Disc OST.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-10-09 15:53 ]</font>