PDA

View Full Version : AHHHHH my computer!

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 4, 2006, 10:16 PM
I odn't know what's going on. . .. . . it keeps shuutting down giving me a blue screen and an error message.

Something like MACHINE_CHECK_ErrOR

I don't know what happened. . .. it says it may deal with hardware or software updates. The only thing I can think of htat was out ofhte ordinary is a twisty tie got stuck in my power supplies cooling fan .. . can that cause serious issues? I honestly don't know what' keeps oging on. .. i jsut go the message twice and had to reobot >_>

Can someone help? It keeps happening about ten minutes after start up O.O

VioletSkye
Oct 4, 2006, 10:29 PM
Yeah, it can have a tremendous impact on your stability if something happened to the power supply or even to the power supplies cooling fan. Does the fan appear to still run?

Zelutos
Oct 4, 2006, 11:29 PM
Wow, i remember when that used to happen on my old Desktop PC...then one day i turned it on and this smoke came from the inside...needless to say, the hard drive had to be replaced.

Kevino
Oct 5, 2006, 08:52 AM
still say. hit it till it works

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 5, 2006, 10:04 AM
I've gotta ask... How does one end up with a twisty-tie stuck in their power supply fan?

rena-ko
Oct 5, 2006, 10:39 AM
replace the power unit and see if the motherboard didnt get damaged.
alternatively, check if no systemfile died.

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 6, 2006, 04:28 PM
The fan appears to be running fine but my computer keeps shutting down on me with the same error screen. I just cleaned out my computer and looked over my power supply and there are no visible issues.

A twisty tie. . . My sub-woofer sits on top of my tower. I don't like the wires getting tangled so wire that isn't used gets twisty-tied. When I moved the woofer, I heard a buzzing noise which I knew was a fan. . . After about a minute I saw a twisty tie stuck in the power supply http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Ryna
Oct 6, 2006, 05:18 PM
Can you give us the exact error message? Also, when does the message appear?

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 6, 2006, 05:22 PM
It appears when my computer is on >_>

Basically, I'll be doing my thing then the mouse stops responding, then the screen gives me the error message. The message takes up the whole screen so I really can't say much more than my first post. If this is possible, can cold prevent a computer from overheating? It's freezing in my house right now. . . but my computers running ifne ;D

Ryna
Oct 6, 2006, 05:58 PM
So your machine locks up whenver it is warm? Is "Machine_Check_Error" the exact error message?

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 6, 2006, 06:20 PM
Yes. . . that's the exact message, followed up by a paragraph about system data and instability or something. It hasn't given me that message since I cleaned my comp. . . and opened my window.

Ryna
Oct 6, 2006, 07:55 PM
That sounds like a classic case of a system overheating. Did this problem start after the twisty tie got caught in the power supply fan? Are any of the other fans on your system making weird noises?

I would suggest you address the problem fairly soon. You may end up with a dead system if you let it continually overheat like that.

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 6, 2006, 08:11 PM
Well I found a quick fix until I can buy a new power supply. It was overheating and the twisty tie damaged the fan.

My quick lazy bastard fix is credited to Wisconsin weather. I just leave my window open and BAM, it gets COLD. . . but it's rather counter productive since by leaving the window open my hands get so cold I can barely type or move the mouse--- without the cold, computer don't run >_>

Ryna
Oct 6, 2006, 08:40 PM
There are two solutions to that problem:

#1. Wear gloves

#2. Leave the computer off until the power supply arrives.

I'd recommend #2.

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 6, 2006, 11:00 PM
#2 is like quitting.