PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed...

GaijinPUnch
Oct 5, 2006, 05:21 AM
Before this was released, I really though ST would fix some of the major PSO problems. Well, I guess that's true, but W...T...F. All areas have the same monsters, but w/ different skins. So lame.

LoneVandal
Oct 5, 2006, 06:19 AM
So, eventually I got in and made it to Mota. It looked kind of cool (me having ignored offline mode so far), and the weapon shop even had Axes and Crossbows on display behind the counter. Then I open the shopkeeper's menu and of course no new weapons have been introduced. Joy. Now I can buy more expensive shotguns that still suck at least.

Ok, whatever, so I go try out the "new" areas thinking maybe something good will come of that. Nope. Little scampy enemies with the exact same tail attack as the lizards in Mizuraki. Worm monsters that look different than the ones in Mizuraki, but they cast Foie, do spin attacks, and debuff your attack power when they touch you just like the Mizuraki ones. Big monsters that act like the miniboss boss in Shikon and big animals that act like the ones in Relics. Yawn. Next? A boss entry point, AWESOME! NEW BOSS TIME!!

Wait a second, this boss is flying in to the level. It.. it.. has wings like the gargoyle in Mizuraki. It just threw a bunch of "earth" balls at us, stunned us with rape tentacles, and called down tornados on us (that are much like the lightning attack of the Mizuraki garg)...

Hooray for patch day, new area, same exact fighting. So, anyone else actually find anything new yet? I'm done trying since my internet connection out here in Korea is incredibly terrible and getting worse than it was when the "retail beta" started.

RamenEater
Oct 5, 2006, 06:24 AM
Hmm well that sounds kinda disappointing..

princejake2
Oct 5, 2006, 06:31 AM
Indeed. Maybe something better will pop up soon.

SoujiSeta
Oct 5, 2006, 06:35 AM
Motoob is hard ;_;

physic
Oct 5, 2006, 07:24 AM
uhhh yeah this is why i was saying, they should have just had moatoob open from the start. Its not a revolutionary new level at this point, its just another spot. far as bosses every planet has a few bosses, so either there is more levels to play, or gotta wait for em to release the other boss parts. though there should probably be some new items, the grm weapon upgrade, some new clothes, a couple of things like this at least

Kou-Diacyper
Oct 5, 2006, 08:14 AM
Sigh, I'm on the boss now, which is in the air most of the time.

Reskinned enemies, good job.

Saner
Oct 5, 2006, 08:21 AM
don't be such sour grapes.

this is only the beginning. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Cross
Oct 5, 2006, 08:26 AM
Moatoob's missions are kinda lame http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
One chain is still a dead end (you complete the mission without fighting a boss or anything and get dumped into a generic outpost that doesn't lead anywhere), and the other uses a lot of clone monsters and then an Onma Gohg clone boss.

On the other hand, if I'm reading the official site right, they've added an S-Rank version of a mission on Neudaiz, and done something to the boss(?). I'm gonna go take a look.

Neith
Oct 5, 2006, 08:34 AM
More re-skinned rubbish?

As if Episode 4 in Blue Burst wasn't bad enough for that, heh. I have to say really, some of what I'm hearing about PSU makes me not want to bother getting it, but I will to give it a try, I guess.

You'd think there'd be a bit more variety though- if you're getting reskins already, it doesn't look very promising. Hopefully there'll be a wider array of enemies later?

EJ
Oct 5, 2006, 08:37 AM
actually from playing story mode many of the basic monsters are reskinned expect with different attacks like barta, foie, or megid.

But from what I seen many of the AIs werent that different from pervious levels.

Cross
Oct 5, 2006, 08:39 AM
One of the mission chains is full of reskins. The other has new enemies. They follow the same template as other worlds - one 'basic' humanoid-type enemy, a four-legged charging enemy, small 'cute' enemies, flying ones, and some really big ones - but the AI is still different. The humanoid enemies on Parum are fast and fight entirely in melee, while the ones on Neudaiz almost never move or attack physically but spam Barta all the time, and the Moatoob ones fall in between; they like to melee, but they're not as fast as the Parum ones, and from time to time they'll toss Deegas at you if you stop moving. Similar differences are there for other kinds of enemies; it generally feels different from one type to another.

It's also not fair to dump on Moatoob without at least giving it this: It's really cool looking. My favourite planet by far, style-wise.

-Shimarisu-
Oct 5, 2006, 08:45 AM
I fucking agree with LoneVandal.

This game has 6 months tops.

Going to drink myself to death........ a lot quicker than I previously anticipated.

edit: k, some detail.

I looked forward to this game for 2 years now, thought it as going to shit on PSO.

It is not going to shit on PSO.

I just played 8 new areas.

Most did not have bosses.

Those that did, they were reskins of previous bosses. According to my friend that has played offline, this ENTIRE GAME has 4 unique bosses tops.

The new Neudaiz mission is a complete reskin of Relics. With reskins of previous monsters in it, and ONE NEW MONSTER, ONE. And the same knight style mini boss, with an extra shitty mini boss on top if it.

The new Parum mission is a reskin of temple. Same shit, same attacks.

THE GRAPHICS ARE THE FUCKING SAME, THIS AIN'T EVEN LIKE PSO EP 2 WITH THE SAME MONSTERS, COMPLETELY NEW AREA.

It's 1000000000% worse.

Plus, how many areas did Sega promise? 20+? We got like, 13 now and all the fucking same. So the new ones are all goining to be the fucking same too?

Yes I'm drunk. And I'm in despair. This is like falling in love then finding out your lover has fucking terminal cancer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-10-05 06:53 ]</font>

uhawww
Oct 5, 2006, 08:52 AM
Disappointed in the lack of variety so far.
These new stages are hard as hell though, and will probably keep me occupied for a while.

However, I really hope they get something new and fresh out there...and soon.
I'm certain most players are antsy about the state of things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-10-05 06:53 ]</font>

Kaply
Oct 5, 2006, 09:03 AM
I think there's supposed to be a triple fly type enemy, sort of unique. I'm not sure it's in one of the released missions as I haven't really touched the game much except to level up my PM.

RamenEater
Oct 5, 2006, 09:05 AM
The is game is still extremely young, hopefully things will look up. =/ I've only played PSO v1 DC days and it never got any updates, then V2 came out and it was just reskinning as well.

Saner
Oct 5, 2006, 09:06 AM
the graphics are not the same.

the characters faces alone have more polygons and detail than the lifeless PSO character models/faces.

and thats just one graphics example.

it's pathetic ppl expected the second coming or something but this game is overall better than you give credit for, it's too bad some of you don't appreciate what you have in your hands.

plus there is still more stuff that will be unlocked later. maybe you shouldn't of bothered playing PSU now and just wait a year before jumping in, since you're sooooooooo impatient for new stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

uhawww
Oct 5, 2006, 09:09 AM
lol
Saner, your optimism gives me life.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pizza.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

Neith
Oct 5, 2006, 09:10 AM
Those that did, they were reskins of previous bosses. According to my friend that has played offline, this ENTIRE GAME has 4 unique bosses tops.

Maybe PSU is still a 'young' game, but 4 unique bosses is made of fail.

I will still buy PSU to try it out, but if all this is true, it's very disappointing, especially for a game we've all waited so long for.

AnamanaAU
Oct 5, 2006, 09:11 AM
The games content isn't even fully unlocked and you guys are assuming how everything will be? Lame. When did we all become so jaded?

RamenEater
Oct 5, 2006, 09:12 AM
Shouldn't they be releasing new stuff though. If you wanna keep someone attention and earn their money you better put up the best you got right away. Then later on re using stuff won't be such a drag cause people will already have alot to play with.

I'm not saying they wont release new things later. Just wondering why they need to reuse things already.

-Shimarisu-
Oct 5, 2006, 09:13 AM
did I say the graphics were the fucking same as PSO?

NO, I said they were the fucking same as the last levels of PSU we played.

I'm not a fucking power gamer and I took thos slow. I don't give a shit about new content. In fact I cheered when I realised level cap was still 50.

I just think this game has dick all life when all the new levels are the SAME as the old levels.

Would you like it if ruins in PSO was just forest with purple graphics and harder?

THAT'S how bad it is.

You really need to grow the fuck up Saner. Every post you make is unbearable waffle and spam. I've tried to tolerate it so far but you'd test the patience of a fucking saint. You make uninformed posts about shit you just do not understand.

I love this game. The combat system is absolute heaven. I just cannot see it lasting on what is basically the content of the original PSO. I am GREATLY LET DOWN.

I bought this game before you did because I live in Japan, can speak Japanese, WELL I GUESS I SHOUILD HAVE DEPRIVED MYSELF BECAUSE CLEARLY, CLEARLY IMPORTERS ALL GET BORED, RIGHT?

You goddamn moron Saner.

RamenEater
Oct 5, 2006, 09:15 AM
I dont understand why everyone always attacks Saner lol. I'm new to the forums and he's been helpful in the posts i've read.

Saner
Oct 5, 2006, 09:18 AM
You really need to grow the fuck up Saner.

no you probably need to grow up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

all of your bitching is unfair to the developers, unfair to PSU, which is slowly growing,
and proof that you are simply not compatible with this game. Perhaps you should go back to Guild Wars or something? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

-Shimarisu-
Oct 5, 2006, 09:19 AM
On 2006-10-05 07:18, Saner wrote:

all of your bitching is unfair to the developers, unfair to PSU, which is slowly growing,
and proof that you are simply not compatible with this game. Perhaps you should go back to Guild Wars or something? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

"I haven't played the game at all yet I clearly know more about it than you."

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

uhawww
Oct 5, 2006, 09:19 AM
Well I, for one, am happy and content with the update so far.
Hell, I was happy just chatting with people online and doing Teir A De Ragan runs all day.
The new missions are difficult, and really requires a diverse team to work in tandem to get through safely for the S.
I wish there were a bit more to it, but be as it may, I don't see myself quitting anytime in the near future.

If I ever get tired, I'll just bust out some Pop'n Music 13 for a while, and I'm back into PSU afterwards.
I suppose that's just my obsessive gaming nature.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-10-05 07:20 ]</font>

Saner
Oct 5, 2006, 09:20 AM
The game doesn't live up to your standards,

oh well play something else if it's that bad to you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Shimarisu-
Oct 5, 2006, 09:21 AM
god I really sodding well loathe you from the very depths of my soul.

Axel3792
Oct 5, 2006, 09:23 AM
On 2006-10-05 07:13, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Would you like it if ruins in PSO was just forest with purple graphics and harder?

THAT'S how bad it is.

Hmm. I might wait a bit to dive in and start playing... I'll wait to see how it goes first.

Saner
Oct 5, 2006, 09:25 AM
you loathe me without good reason.

your beverages sure make you think irrationally. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

taking these things so personally is emotions out of control.

happy_peanut
Oct 5, 2006, 09:25 AM
you do know all you complaining about the game on this site is what has caused a few of ma friend to halt there pre order.... and have killed my excitment I had for months on this game now im dreading going online no one ever has good news......

-Shimarisu-
Oct 5, 2006, 09:27 AM
I invested my goddamn life in this game and vehemently defended Sega like a stupid whipped little bitch and this is what I get, dick all.

I haven't felt this way til tonight either, oh no, this was a sweet, sweet and sudden kick in the teeth to me.

happy_peanut
Oct 5, 2006, 09:29 AM
im sorry you feel that way =( but why not give it more time the game is brand brand new still http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Axel3792
Oct 5, 2006, 09:31 AM
lol so psu doesnt OWN pso, it just owns it a little bit

uhawww
Oct 5, 2006, 09:33 AM
On 2006-10-05 07:25, happy_peanut wrote:
you do know all you complaining about the game on this site is what has caused a few of ma friend to halt there pre order.... and have killed my excitment I had for months on this game now im dreading going online no one ever has good news......

Don't get me wrong.
It's an incredible game and is extremely fun to play,
but the initial problems for the JP version as far as online is concerned has basically forced SEGA to take baby steps regards to releasing or updating content.
Lord knows they'll be in too deep if they drop a bunch of stuff on us and the network collapses again.
As an unfortunate consequence, those of us who are playing are basically forced to take baby steps along with them, and given the fast-paced, chaotic nature of the modern Phantasy Star games, the two aren't really compatible.
This is perfectly fine for some (myself included), but does really tests patience of most, as we aren't getting what was promised up front.
The real kicker is that we can see the implementation of these things. It's completely opaque.
We can see the icons, but they're grayed out.
We can see the entrance, but it's blocked off.
We can search for mission group tiers, but none can be used.
Patience is all we have, and some have run out.

I'm doing my utmost to maintain vigil.

And for the record, PSU pwns the hell out of PSO...
yeah, I said it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-10-05 07:37 ]</font>

Saner
Oct 5, 2006, 09:34 AM
the updates are not over,

in the meantime make some new friends online with it, it'll make the game more fun.

besides its not like they released all of the enemy types online yet. how many did they say there are? like 40+ types in total? ya some are reskins, but PSO had its share of reskins as well.

ya'll just seem too hard to please. Moatoob is unlocked and you don't bother with its positive sides, you are just staring at the numbers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

you must realize you're own perspective is ruining your fun with the game.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/watermelon.gif

Mwabwetumba
Oct 5, 2006, 09:35 AM
I would be happy just to be able to chill and chat in the lobbies.. Im sure more diverse content will be unlocked later.. just GIVE ME THE GAME!

SephYuyX
Oct 5, 2006, 09:36 AM
MY NAME IS SHIMARISU AND IM PLAYING A BETA GAME AND I AM UNSATISIFIED I LIKE TO SAY FUCK AND COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING THAT EVERY MMORPG HAS

PS. This satire was completly made up, any names or referances that you may have seen that are similiar to another, is purely coinsidental.

happy_peanut
Oct 5, 2006, 09:37 AM
ty uhawww
finally SOMETHING POSATIVE from someone playing online n I figured it be like ayear til new content anyways i just wanna make my lil newman all cute n help low level people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Cross
Oct 5, 2006, 09:38 AM
It's not a beta game; today is the first day of official service, as far as I know.

Chris28
Oct 5, 2006, 09:38 AM
You all need to relax. Remember that this game isnt even out in the USA yet for another 3 weeks!!!! And then once everyone gets into the game after a month or so, new things will begin to pop up. There is most likely a ton of hidden stuff in this game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinow on 2006-10-05 07:38 ]</font>

kyori
Oct 5, 2006, 09:39 AM
Hrm, so does anyone know where I can find the 2nd plant mission?

uhawww
On 2006-10-05 07:38, Cross wrote:
It's not a beta game; today is the first day of official service, as far as I know.

Right. Today, for a lock of better comparison, is Day 1.

Eclavdra
On 2006-10-05 07:27, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I invested my goddamn life in this game and vehemently defended Sega like a stupid whipped little bitch and this is what I get, dick all.

I haven't felt this way til tonight either, oh no, this was a sweet, sweet and sudden kick in the teeth to me.

I remember in WoW's early days... the amount of complaints on the official boards... the amount off 'gg Bliz you ruined this game' posts was off the charts... yet its gone on to become the most succesful mmorpg in the western world.

Online games, in their early months, are often disappointing to the hardcore players, for many reasons.

If it is angering you to the point that you feel unbalanced... just walk away for a while.

Saner
Oct 5, 2006, 09:41 AM
even though today is the official service, unlike PSO it won't lay all its cards on the table at once.

it will take time before the complete PSU is experienced. until then, take it easy.

LordHakutsuru
Oct 5, 2006, 09:41 AM
http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up5852.jpg

Kou-Diacyper
Oct 5, 2006, 09:56 AM
Saner, please, don't bother commenting on the game if you don't have it yet. This is a big dissapointment, it is a major area and they've just recycled the enemies, I would be more understanding if it was an expansion, but this is a completely new area, we have the right to complain.

princejake2
Oct 5, 2006, 09:58 AM
Kittens can't stop bitchy people. Trust me, it just doesn't work that way.

LordHakutsuru
Oct 5, 2006, 09:58 AM
http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up5837.jpg

uhawww
Oct 5, 2006, 10:02 AM
lol. Banished to rant land.

Eclavdra
Oct 5, 2006, 10:04 AM
Maybe it was the kittens? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cross
Oct 5, 2006, 10:12 AM
On 2006-10-05 07:39, uhawww wrote:
Right. Today, for a lock of better comparison, is Day 1.

Yeah, that's the best way to look at it, I think.

I'm going to play the part of the cautious optimist here:

The current content, to me, seems more or less to be just the "basic" set of missions that were meant to be there from the start. I'd be willing to bet that if the servers hadn't taken the biggest post-launch dump since Anarchy Online, we would have been playing on Moatoob four weeks ago.

Considering that the servers were 'content-frozen' for a month, and this is technically the first day of the official service, the amount of areas available doesn't seem too bad. Certainly, since we have been playing for a month this seems underwhelming, but at this stage shouting gloom and doom all over the place seems more indicative of being emotionally unbalanced than actually being wronged by Sega.
In the same breath, anybody saying that this is a "great" update has their perspective a little mixed up, but thankfully the only person who seems to be taking that sort of stance hasn't even touched the game yet so, you know, whatever.

I'd hold off until we get the official service well underway and actually see what their updates are like - not their "oh shit here's all that stuff we meant to give you guys in the first place before we made our network engineers commit ritual suicide".

LoneVandal
Oct 5, 2006, 10:58 AM
On 2006-10-05 07:21, -Shimarisu- wrote:
god I really sodding well loathe you from the very depths of my soul.

Wow we agree on something. Except I don't really loathe him / her / it so much as have pity on them. They'll understand fully when they get the game, oh yes.

RamenEater
Oct 5, 2006, 11:18 AM
Does the official website post whats going to be updated ahead of time? On the main FFXI site you always know what to expect before it happens.

uhawww
Oct 5, 2006, 11:43 AM
It's usually much like FFXI, where the ahead of time descriptors are kind of general or vague, but during/directly after the update is applied, they give point-to-point details of the update.

Nai_Calus
Oct 6, 2006, 05:14 PM
On 2006-10-05 07:11, JubeiSaotome wrote:
When did we all become so jaded?

After playing PSO for five years? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

This thread makes me LOL. Saner/Shimarisu bitchfight(Go Shim!) and kittens.

DrizaSiegmund
Oct 7, 2006, 01:28 PM
Im not even close-to being disapointed.. but then again i've been labled naive many times. Still, im glad with what's here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
But then again, i do have a high apreciation of things and patience (^-^;;