PDA

View Full Version : Song Name Translation

Himmelhand
Oct 5, 2006, 07:34 PM
I'm trying to figure out the English translation for the song "Megalith Agnus Dei" is. The best I could come up with is "Great Stone Lamb of God," but I'm not sure. It's the BGM for the final mission of Ace Combat 4, possibly my favorite mission in the series.

roygbiv
Oct 5, 2006, 07:46 PM
" song track from the Namco videogame Ace Combat 04 (specifically, the background music for the final mission, "Megalith"). This rendition of Agnus Dei is properly called "Megalith~Agnus Dei" and features a 4-part chorus arrangement and a mix of classical and techno elements. "
From wikipedia.

Agnus Dei is also a pretty popular name choice for dramatic songs. (cliche?)

Ketchup345
Oct 5, 2006, 07:51 PM
The title of the track is "Megalith -Agnus Dei-" according to my game's music player and Wikipedia. Agnus Dei supposedly means Lamb of God in Latin. And if the music was made just for the game, then it could just be a direct reference to the base (but in Latin megalith is "great stone").
So it is "Great stone -Lamb of God-".

Its also one of the few missions where your friendlies actually appear to help a little.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2006-10-05 17:52 ]</font>

roygbiv
Oct 5, 2006, 08:03 PM
The way I read things the Megalith part is just a reference to the name of the mission and is thus a name which should be taken as is (i.e. as Megalith instead of Great Stone).
"Great Stone - Lamb of God-" doesn't really grant you any more insight into things, this is where we started off... in other words, the song title doesn't have any special meaning aside from what you have already figured out.

Himmelhand
Oct 5, 2006, 08:22 PM
It was mostly out of curiousity. Thanks, though. Now I want to go play AC04, but I should do Statistics.. decisions, decisions..