PDA

View Full Version : Skilful storytelling at its finest.

sonic_ray
Oct 6, 2006, 01:00 AM
Allow me to tell you something rather intriguing I heard going around in a rather suspicous place; you may choose to believe this report or not.
[ooOooOoo... chain mail vibe]

In any city, in any country, go to any mental institution you can get yourself to. When you reach the front desk, ask to visit someone who calls themself "The Holder of the End". Should a look of child-like fear come over the workers face, you will then be taken to a cell in the building. It will be in a deep, hidden section of the building. All you will hear is the sound of someone talking to themselves echoing the halls. It is in a language that you will not understand, but your very soul will feel unspeakable fear.

Should the talking stop at any time, STOP and QUICKLY say aloud "I'm just passing through, I wish to talk." If you still hear silence, flee. Leave. Do not stop for anything, do not go home, don't stay at an inn, just keep moving, sleep where your body drops. You will know in the morning if you've escaped.

If the voice in the hall comes back after you utter those words, continue on. Upon reaching the cell all you will see is a windowless room with a person in the corner, speaking an unknown language, and cradling something. The person will only respond to one question. "What happens when they all come together?"

The person will then stare into your eyes and answer your question in horrifiying detail. Many go mad in that very cell, some disappear soon after the meeting, a few end their lives. But most do the worst thing and look upon the object in the person's hands. You will want to as well. Be warned, if you do your death will be that of cruelity and unrelenting horror.

Your death will be in that room, by that person's hands.

That object is 1 of 2538. They must never come together. Never.

EDIT: Yes, it was an impulsive topic, so I changed the introduction from "prepare to get freaked the FUCK out."
Or perhaps it's just me this is affecting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sonic_ray on 2006-10-05 23:18 ]</font>

Tystys
Oct 6, 2006, 01:05 AM
What the hell?

sonic_ray
Oct 6, 2006, 01:06 AM
Exactly.
Don't scour /b/ at 2am, kids.

EDIT: A source would be appreciated, if this is from any known literature. Blatant copypasta maybe, legit english artistry... maybe. Apologies in advance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sonic_ray on 2006-10-05 23:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sonic_ray on 2006-10-06 00:33 ]</font>

Shattered_weasel
Oct 6, 2006, 02:10 AM
Don't post Copypasta at any time on my PSOW Off-topic.

Zarbolord
Oct 6, 2006, 02:14 AM
Hmmm, good story for camping, thx http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RoninJoku
Oct 6, 2006, 08:50 AM
Well, regardless where you got it from, it was a neat story. I wish to... know more... >:]

Kevino
Oct 6, 2006, 08:50 AM
... i think i will try that. what have i to lose?

sonic_ray
Oct 6, 2006, 01:47 PM
While searching for the source, I found a much better "spooky thread" than the one I found on my visit to /b/ earlier this morning, though none of its contents match the impact of the little vignette I posted above (IMHO).

http://forums.g4tv.com/messageview.cfm?catid=16&threadid=650845&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=&STARTPAGE=1
http://forum.cmc.redleaf.de/archive/index.php/thread-4469.html

EDIT: URL tag! TECHNOHLOHGEE!
EDIT: Horray for editing. Better link found, ignore the first one if you wish.
SPECIAL EDIT:

http://etherchan.org/wiki/index.php/Gideon's_Key
I think I found the source for these "RL easter eggs." I wonder who Ether-chan is....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sonic_ray on 2006-10-06 11:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sonic_ray on 2006-10-06 11:57 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sonic_ray on 2006-10-06 12:03 ]</font>

AzureBlaze
Oct 7, 2006, 01:02 AM
I've heard that before too, but I forget where.
Is a behelit one of the 2538?

Dre_o
Oct 7, 2006, 01:14 AM
In the words of Ed: Creepy!

REJ-
Oct 7, 2006, 01:26 PM
That was cool... yet disturbing

sonic_ray
Oct 7, 2006, 10:12 PM
On 2006-10-06 23:02, AzureBlaze wrote:
I've heard that before too, but I forget where.
Is a behelit one of the 2538?

I officialy know too much now... gotta run, I'm only going to risk stopping when PSU comes out O.o

P.S.: what's a behelit?

Dangerous55
Oct 8, 2006, 09:56 PM
These are weird.

DizzyDi
Oct 8, 2006, 10:08 PM
Awesome stuff. I demand sticky! :0

Rekitheforce
Oct 8, 2006, 10:46 PM
I like it, but it would be better if I wasn't reading it a 11 at night...

CupOfCoffee
Oct 8, 2006, 10:54 PM
I think it would be scarier if it didn't have so many mechanical errors. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Merumeru
Oct 9, 2006, 07:16 AM
XD interesting copy pasta there, i wanna go mad

Kevino
Oct 9, 2006, 08:43 AM
On 2006-10-09 05:16, Merumeru wrote:
XD interesting copy pasta there, i wanna go mad

do it go mad join the club...!