PDA

View Full Version : How do I go online with my PS2?

Sexy_Raine
Oct 6, 2006, 05:05 PM
I planning to go to Best Buy tomorrow and want to know what I need. I'm preparing early before PSU comes out. I have the slim PS2.

ZaiV2
Oct 6, 2006, 08:13 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syltguides/fullview/3MOSPKYZF3SV4

It notes that you don't need the network adaptor if you have the slim PS2. Have fun.

Zelutos
Oct 6, 2006, 11:52 PM
If you have the SLIM PS2, try looking inside the box/inside the instruction manuals and you'll find a disc that came with it that sets up your PS2 to go online.

Sheesh.

Eviltaru
Oct 10, 2006, 12:39 AM
How about the hard drive? PS2 Slim version can they play online without it? I thought PS2 Slim edition can't really play mmo since there's no HD bay, it wasnt working for FFXI I thought, it's just my guess though...

RuneLateralus
Oct 10, 2006, 02:14 AM
Well, two major things.

1) Everquest Adventures was the PS2's first MMORPG and it did not require a hard drive. Can't tell how good/bad the game was however. I never really like EQ in the first place to try it out.

2) PSU is not an MMORPG. An MMO will let you play with thousands of player in the same constant world. PSU only has a world that consists of you and your party. If anything, think PSU as more of a game the style of Guild Wars or Diablo I/II.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2006-10-10 00:15 ]</font>

CherryLunar
Oct 10, 2006, 10:05 AM
On 2006-10-09 22:39, Eviltaru wrote:
How about the hard drive? PS2 Slim version can they play online without it? I thought PS2 Slim edition can't really play mmo since there's no HD bay, it wasnt working for FFXI I thought, it's just my guess though...

Remember on FFXI when you waited 4 hours at a loading screen 3 times? Thats cause FFXI was being installed on your HDD.

PSU doesnt require HDD support. Just pop it in and go online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zelutos
Oct 10, 2006, 03:16 PM
On 2006-10-10 08:05, CherryLunar wrote:

On 2006-10-09 22:39, Eviltaru wrote:

Remember on FFXI when you waited 4 hours at a loading screen 3 times? Thats cause FFXI was being installed on your HDD.

PSU doesnt require HDD support. Just pop it in and go online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

omg when that happened to me, i was going to kill something!

Sexy_Raine
Oct 15, 2006, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I bought a router.
Now I need to set myself up with COX, or something like that.

Magician4
Oct 21, 2006, 02:07 AM
Is PSU broadband only? I have never played a game using broadband connection before so I need some help. I am currently at school, and I believe it has broadband connection (seeing as though I need an ethernet cord to use the internet). I have an old model ps2, so would I just have to find a BBA or is there something else I would need to get online?