PDA

View Full Version : Costume Change

Jeffrey
Nov 8, 2002, 02:03 PM
This might bee old news but..... My roomate could not beat Dark Faltz with his HUmar and had me do it for him. It took me a few tries but I figured it out. Little did I know that on the last attempt I had forgotten to bank his 30000 something mesta. Eek. Good thing I beat em' that time.... When I went to the character select screen, his HUmar had an option to change the costume for 10000 mesta. I sarcastically told him that this might be his only chance and it might go away.... but that's what happened. When I beat Dark Faltz with my own FOmar, I was rewarded no such option. This lead to some speculation that if you beat Dark Faltz with 10000 in your pocket, you would get to change your costume... but we havent confirmed it. Then I started thinking: Do you need to beat Dark Faltz with all that money or could you pipe to the bank and get it before going into the Epilouge teleporter?

Is this old news? Does anybody else know about this?

Oh.... Hi. .... I'm new.

rbf2000
Nov 8, 2002, 02:06 PM
This is oooooooooooooold news.

You just need 10,000 meseta (100,000 in v2) on you when you start the game, and the option will be there. (On the character, not in the bank).

Jeffrey
Nov 8, 2002, 02:20 PM
Heh. Sorry... Well it's news to me. Heres a question. The nice newoman says that I dsabled all three security switches (weird blue buttons that don't give any indication of doing anything in all three areas?) and that the central door is unlocked, but the central door claims otherwise. Please don;t be some key event glitch.... damn you final fantasy 5....

VulpesMundi
Nov 8, 2002, 03:33 PM
Which episode are you referring to?

If Episode I all you need to do is touch the pillar in Forest 2, Cave 2, and Mine 2, then the door after Vol Opt should open.

If Episode II did you read all the messages in the Calus communicator in front of the door? The door won't open until you do, as far as I know. There should be at least four log messages and a bunch of area information. You might have to go back thru the areas and find more consoles. There's more than just the ones that disable the security system.

Jeffrey
Nov 8, 2002, 06:59 PM
Oh thanks. I didn't read all of them. Thank you. That should do it........ A lot of things are unclear in this game... Like the breakable walls in the VR temple. If you shoot them, they don't react at all. No sound or particle visual feedback to confirm that your actually doing something. Took me forever to figure it out.