PDA

View Full Version : which version?

googles
Nov 8, 2002, 05:08 PM
which version of pso are you sticking with?

Icelight
Nov 8, 2002, 05:14 PM
I own both systems and I am STAYING with the GCPSO

Why would I pay full price for the Xbox version when it has (GASP) one new character! I've already got GCPSO and I am more than happy with it.

**NOTE** I know that it has voice/kboard chat..but I dont care about that

Agent_Reav
Nov 8, 2002, 05:20 PM
Where's the "Had PSO GC but returned it cause it sukked online" option? PSO has so much more potential on Xbox Live and you can acutally communicate with other players (unlike GC PSO with it's lame Soft Keyboard). All I hope is that Sonic Team fixed the pop up issues.

merlin
Nov 8, 2002, 05:42 PM
The Cube version ain't exactly....great. I'm surprised at the low quality of the port. I'll keep it though, since I'm already well underway....and also play it on my XboX. Maybe it'll be better....and at the worst it'll be the same.

Oh well.

Nidarrock
Nov 8, 2002, 05:42 PM
I'm skippin the GC version and waiting out until the Xbox release. I have time if it's going to be a few months off.

googles
Nov 8, 2002, 05:50 PM
On 2002-11-08 14:42, merlin wrote:
The Cube version ain't exactly....great. I'm surprised at the low quality of the port.

heh... the xbox will most likely be the same..has sega even confirmed the new additions? Maybe they get a new char class cause they cant get the downloadable gba games.

Ian D
Nov 8, 2002, 08:26 PM
I'm sticking with GC, it's not that bad and I wouldn't get the Xbox for some small improvements.

WraithAkaMrak
Nov 8, 2002, 08:35 PM
On 2002-11-08 14:50, googles wrote:

On 2002-11-08 14:42, merlin wrote:
The Cube version ain't exactly....great. I'm surprised at the low quality of the port.

heh... the xbox will most likely be the same..has sega even confirmed the new additions? Maybe they get a new char class cause they cant get the downloadable gba games.

Sega hasn't really confirmed crap about the game since we learned it would indeed be Episode I & II. There is zero info on the U.S. Sega site. There is a Japanese page for it on Sonic Team's site. I'm not sure what, if anything, it confirms. Other than the Japanese release date.

ginko990
Nov 8, 2002, 09:59 PM
GC PSO is more then great to me!

GCPSO+99
99% kickass

Zefier
Nov 9, 2002, 04:32 AM
I'm not real sure why you all think the GCPSO is so bad....it's better than the DCPSO and by reason of simple principle it's better then the XboxPSO could ever be....why you ask.....it's not controled by Microsoft....

What has MS done right for you....um crashed you computer on a regular basis....

Oh and lets not forget the little Xbox Live thing...you have to supscribe to their system so on top of your PSO charges you have even more charges for MS stupid service.

But that's just my thoughts

"The instructions said to install Windows 98 or better, so installed Linux"

ABDUR101
Nov 9, 2002, 04:47 AM
On 2002-11-09 01:32, Zefier wrote:
Oh and lets not forget the little Xbox Live thing...you have to supscribe to their system so on top of your PSO charges you have even more charges for MS stupid service.

Actually, since it's on Microsoft's server, Sonic Team can't charge a fee for online access. They can charge like $1 or whatever for a download quest and patches or whatever else they have planned..but by all means they are incapable of charging you a HL fee while the game servers are on Microsoft's closed server.

I have GC PSO, and will also have X-box PSO.

Why? I'm not sure...prolly because I like PSO that much.

...Go me...!

Zefier
Nov 9, 2002, 04:53 AM
AHHH

Thanks for the correction on that, I was unaware that Microsoft had that sort of deal but now that you mention it, it does sound like something MS would do. I mean god forbid they not make all the money from one of their products.

So if that is the case then if you are a true Sega fan it would be better to play the GC version since your money will go to Sega. Whereas if you play on the Xbox your money just goes to feed bill gates' room of trained monkeys he calls programmers.

I still don't like the idea of the Xbox Live....just doesn't seem right....I'm not sure why...oh yeah it's run by Microsoft hehe

Well I think I've successfully trashed MS enough today....

RedFox
Nov 9, 2002, 07:09 AM
considering theres been speculation of a new char for the xbox version for months now makes this argument stupid. if the extra char is worth that much then why bother getting GCPSO in the first place? its not like they've only just sprung this news on us, it hasnt even been officially confirmed yet!

rena-ko
Nov 9, 2002, 08:23 AM
afaik theres nothing officially right now and, honestly, who believes some 'official' one-console-magazine?

have a tea... wait and see...

Agent_Reav
Nov 9, 2002, 12:34 PM
On 2002-11-09 01:53, Zefier wrote:
AHHH

Thanks for the correction on that, I was unaware that Microsoft had that sort of deal but now that you mention it, it does sound like something MS would do. I mean god forbid they not make all the money from one of their products.

So if that is the case then if you are a true Sega fan it would be better to play the GC version since your money will go to Sega. Whereas if you play on the Xbox your money just goes to feed bill gates' room of trained monkeys he calls programmers.

I still don't like the idea of the Xbox Live....just doesn't seem right....I'm not sure why...oh yeah it's run by Microsoft hehe

Well I think I've successfully trashed MS enough today....

What do most Fortune 500 companies use on their computers/networks? That's right Windows.... Not Linux, Not Mac OS X. Why because it's easy to use and fairly stable (Windows XP has yet to crash on me). I'm sick and tired of you ignorant people saying how Microsoft is the supreme evil of the world. If they make superior products why can't they enjoy success without being criticized. If you don't like Microsoft go get a Macintosh and enjoy your 5 (Mac Supported) games.

saffaya
Nov 9, 2002, 04:29 PM
If they make superior products why can't they enjoy success without being criticized.

_Fact
M$ has been proved guilty in court to use its established monopoly (no problem here) to crush opposition and establish monopolies in OTHER domain than the OS.

As superior products, I sure hope you're not thinking about windows ..

Agent_Reav
Nov 9, 2002, 04:40 PM
I am thinking about Windows... Windows XP actually. It's a great operating system. But this isn't an OS message board it's a Phantasy Star Online message board so let's stay on topic. I think ppl who own all the consoles (like myself) will find PSO Xbox to be a superior product. While those that only own a Gamecube will stay satisfied with their version... Either way they are both Phantasy Star Online and hence great!

RedFox
Nov 10, 2002, 09:22 AM
I think ppl who own all the consoles (like myself) will find PSO Xbox to be a superior product.

improvements are yet to be confirmed. so far all we know is that the billing system will be different. its likely to be the exact same game, either way i have both consols so it doesnt really bother me.

Woggy
Nov 10, 2002, 10:25 AM
People will avoid the GameCube version because :

.It's completely fucked in Japan because of the dupe bug
.No keyboard for the US
.Network adapter, and modem temporarily on hold
.GameShark is coming

People will wait for/get the Xbox version because :

.It will have new character(s), possibly a whole new class
.Microsoft is the publisher, not Sega
.There will be no fee for US gamers
.Microsoft is hosting the servers
.Microsoft has said they will aggressively persue hackers and cheaters, and may completely ban their Xbox's from ever playing online again
.It's upgradeable, and patchable
.Voice communication support
.USB adapter to use any PC keyboard included
.Better graphics
.Should be more secure and have less bugs because Microsoft themselves has stepped up to do the testing, and bug fixing
.Hopefully less lag and smoother gameplay because of the all broadband design

There's not that much else known, this could just be the biginning.

BTW, this is why I'm waiting :

HomeLAN - How will Microsoft handle attempts at cheating and hacking in Xbox Live games?

Andre Vrignaud - Microsoft has made security a top priority for Xbox Live. One of the advantages of running a unified service is that we monitor it 24 hours a day, and can react as needed to protect our users against cheating. Microsoft will defend the gaming experience for our users on Xbox Live, and will not approve the use of any game cheating devices for the Xbox gaming platform. Our service approach to online gaming allows us to better detect and respond to problems within the online gaming community. Additionally, the language in our user agreement allows for the protection of our platform.

With a unified service, users attempting to access Xbox Live with modified hardware or unapproved software can be stopped. Their Xbox Live user account and Xbox may be blocked from accessing the service in the future.

Microsoft fucking rocks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Woggy on 2002-11-10 07:37 ]</font>

Woggy
Nov 10, 2002, 10:39 AM
BTW, the Official Xbox magazine wasn't the first to report that the Xbox version would have new character(s)/classes, and some of these other features. Most of it's actually pretty old news from back in September from Sonic Team themselves (look on mamak-int and many overseas web sites).

googles
Nov 10, 2002, 12:36 PM
well i wish good luck to ms and the cheating. What stops an idiot go get lvl 200 offline with cheats? Or even lvl up with a spread needle+255? OR duped mats? You cant stop all cheating. Dupes are impoissble to detect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: googles on 2002-11-10 09:38 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 10, 2002, 02:19 PM
On 2002-11-10 07:25, Woggy wrote:
People will avoid the GameCube version because :

.It's completely fucked in Japan because of the dupe bug

US version also has a dupe bug. This was basically unavoidable since there is now 2-4 player support.

The GC PSO JP version and servers have much worse things in it than the dupe bug.
A PSO player told me there is:
Item Mod/create
Character Mod
Stat improvement
Etc.