PDA

View Full Version : whats so bad about slicers?

sMaRtAzZ
Nov 8, 2002, 07:18 PM
y does everyone hate slicers? they're not that bad....i like my rappy's fan....but whitill id sux (hahahah) they aren't that weak either.......

DirewolfX
Nov 8, 2002, 08:29 PM
What's so bad about Whitills? I have Whitill and I've found plenty of good stuff... and not just online either.

And slicers have their uses... they're a hunter's version of a shotgun, I guess. They're a bit slow though.

ABDUR101
Nov 8, 2002, 08:36 PM
Slicers = teh suck for close range/fast enemies.

You have to have the enemies pretty close together and lined up, and usually they're right on-top of you. Add different and tech using monster types in a small room and you'll be a nice stain on the floor.

I used my Rappy Fan to kill the Gol Dragon on Hard for my very first try(of ever fighting him). Did'nt die once, and had quite afew mates left.

It's good for bosses, in that it hits multiple body parts at once, and obviously most body parts are close together(wings, head, arms, feet, etc for the Dragon).

It's sort of like what the dagger is to the saber. You get a nice slicer, and it can be way better than your really nice sword, because the damage can really add up if it's used properly. That's all it takes. =)

Vashin
Nov 8, 2002, 09:12 PM
the reason i hate slicers is this reason alone. my Flowens sword only requires 390atp to use it does MORE damage to enemies then my rappys fan which requires 460atp(?) to use... something is wrong there. plus they suck up close end of story.

Kupi
Nov 8, 2002, 09:57 PM
Welll, here's another use: if you pump up Dex on your Mag, they're about the only multi-hit weapon that a Force can use besides the Soul Eater. Of course, if you want multi-hit damage with a Force, why not just cast? :/

Ruby-chan
Nov 9, 2002, 04:54 AM
The only real problem with them is they're slow. Their only advantage is they can hit mutiple enemies, but if you can cast you've probably got techs you can use to do the same thing w/o switching weapons.

Can be pretty handy if your an android hunter though.

Brundidge
Nov 9, 2002, 06:57 PM
Slicers are really fun when you're bored. I must admit I'll get bored slicin' ish around with my Musashi swords and switching to a Drain Lockgun.

Kupi
Nov 9, 2002, 07:08 PM
Ruby-chan, they seem to have sped up the animation for Slicers a bit. They aren't hugely fast, the first and last hits definitely deploy faster than they did on the DC.

ABDUR101
Nov 9, 2002, 07:12 PM
On 2002-11-09 15:57, Brundidge wrote:
Slicers are really fun when you're bored. I must admit I'll get bored slicin' ish around with my Musashi swords and switching to a Drain Lockgun.

I've used Handgun, Autogun and Lockguns as I'm able to use them. I've pretty much been using a Lockgun with my HUcast, since I'm advancing faster than I probably should be, and when I get hit I tend to get laid out =X

I just beat the Gal Griffon at lvl 40 with my Rappy Fan +19(I've found so many mono, di and tri grinders it isn't funny), and I was going through the first Seabed area.

I found a DB Saber's afew days ago, but I'm not a fan of saber types, expecially ones with a special attack that I can't use =

RavenTW
Nov 9, 2002, 07:21 PM
Slicers are kinda fun to play with. I have two decent rares, but whenever I get a Cutter, Sawcer, etc., for some reason I like to switch to it.

Kent
Nov 10, 2002, 10:40 AM
Slicers definitely have their uses.

Say you're a FOmar, and you're such a lucky bastard to find a Geist Slicer-type with 50% or more on Hit. That would definately make a good sidearm for anybody trying to save money on fluids by using a TP stealing weapon (or maybe save the fluids for a MAG). And it hits multiple targets. It might not get as much TP per hit as a Geist single-hit weapon (like a Handgun variant), but if every special attack hits all five enemies (which isn't too likely, but still possible) you'll be getting more TP without having to get too much closer to enemies.

Meaning, you could suck up a ton of TP while still sitting behind a wall of hunters, then, of course, use that TP to tag/anihilate every enemy you didn't hit with the slicer. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TeamPhalanx
Nov 10, 2002, 10:49 AM
They're good when you're on a team... not so good when you're solo.

On a positive note, they're probably the best weapon you can use against Volt Ops (2nd form - other than shotguns)

Kent
Nov 10, 2002, 11:10 AM
On 2002-11-10 07:49, TeamPhalanx wrote:
They're good when you're on a team... not so good when you're solo.

On a positive note, they're probably the best weapon you can use against Volt Ops (2nd form - other than shotguns)

Actually, a Partisan-type weapon can hit the most targets on Vol Opt, Slicers and Shotguns can only hit up to five, and I believe Vol Opt has more than that.

TeamPhalanx
Nov 10, 2002, 12:04 PM
False. Partisan/Sword at the most will hit 3 at a time, that's quite difficult to do.

Both Slicer/Shotgun will hit 4 at a time.

RavenTW
Nov 10, 2002, 02:40 PM
No, unless GC changed it, Shot types hit five.