PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about Guild Wars...

BlueDagger
Oct 8, 2006, 10:07 PM
Well, it's free! So why not consider it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I have some questions though:

Do you get to make your own costume(example: City of Heroes/villains, PSO/U), or is it equipment based?

How does the questing system work? Is it lobby based, like PSO/U, or is it a free world?

How's character creation? Alot of options? Or too little?

Is it fun in general?

Thank you.

Ketchup345
Oct 8, 2006, 10:54 PM
The outfit you wear is based on what version of Guild Wars you are playing. In Prophecies (often just called Guild Wars), your armor design is determined by what special abilities the armor has (as well as gender of the character). In Factions (and likely Nightfall), the armor showed is based on the style you choose, and you get to pick what abilities the armor has. You can buy armor from any continent if your account is linked and the continent has armor for your class (Tyria- the Prophecies continent does not have any armor for the Assassin and Ritualist, two classes introduced in Factions). You get separate armor for the head, chest, armos, legs, and feet. You have the option of not having the head armor show (as well as your guild cape).

The questing/mission system is lobby based. You find a team in a town/city/outpost/mission start area and then enter an explorable area. The party size increases as you progress in the game.

Character creation is decent, and each new chapter adds new options (but they are based on what continent you start a character in).

I happen to be addicted to the game (in the time I can spare), and would suggest it to anyone not looking to pay a monthly fee for a good RPG.

The game also has frequent special weekend events, such as double key drops or double rare drops.

The game has a good mix of PvP and PvE, you can create characters for PvP only or PvE (which can access PvP areas once they get to a certain point). PvP characters can only use skills unlocked though. Skills and PvP weapon upgrades can be unlocked by either aquiring the item/skill in PvE or trading in Balthazar Faction earned by winning PvP matches.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2006-10-08 20:54 ]</font>