PDA

View Full Version : Big O

Jehosaphaty
Oct 9, 2006, 10:52 AM
I'm considering buying Big O on dvd and I'm curious to see if anybody has it, and what you think of it.

Rekitheforce
Oct 9, 2006, 11:26 AM
Big O is a good show. I just got through reading the manga. I'm not sure if you should buy it or not (it kinda depends on if you're willing to pay for it or not). I remember the show, and I thought it was pretty good.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Oct 9, 2006, 11:38 AM
I watched it some time ago. Haven't seen them all though. Everyone loves big robots. =~.^=

Rekitheforce
Oct 9, 2006, 11:41 AM
Big O! Action!

EJ
Oct 9, 2006, 11:45 AM
Big O was an ok anime but it remind me too much of batman if he made a giant robot instead,

Rekitheforce
Oct 9, 2006, 11:53 AM
On 2006-10-09 09:45, EJ wrote:
Big O was an ok anime but it remind me too much of batman if he made a giant robot instead,

I never thought of it like that, but now that you mention it i guess it could be like you say.

SubstanceD
Oct 9, 2006, 02:31 PM
It's been a long time since I last saw an episode of Big O. It had a bief run on one of the cartoon channels over here in the UK/Ireland but I was fortunate enough to see the full series before they stopped showing it. It's a very good anime series and it is worth buying on dvd provided that you that you get it at a bargain price. I would think twice about buying it at full price, It's not that good.

Dorthy Wainright rules.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 9, 2006, 02:41 PM
Its a short and sweet series.

Okay action, a little bit of droning on about memories and some kind of extremely fast conclusion of an ending.

And there's that whole unsolved tomato... thing being carried throughout.

I'd recommend it if you'll enjoy a spoof of Batman/Escaflowne and aren't turned off by the familiarity to Cowboy Bebop- with the same voice actor as Spike (and dozens of other leading roles) and that jazz soundtrack in nearly every non-action scene.

Jehosaphaty
Oct 9, 2006, 06:43 PM
Alright, well thanks for the input guys. Maybe I'll check out escaflowne while I'm at it.

Sinue_v2
Oct 9, 2006, 06:58 PM
I didn't really care for the show, but I enjoyed the "Batman" like animation style.