PDA

View Full Version : Best Sword?

kitonaks
Nov 9, 2002, 01:39 AM
Does any one know what the best long sword is for ultimate mode?
I'm lvl 72 now and I can't wait to get there even though I know itll take a long while still! DAMNIT!!!!

Gohanks
Nov 9, 2002, 04:59 PM
red saber is nice. If by long sword you mean Partisan type weapons... meh. I have no idea. Is there a red Partisan?

Davion
Nov 9, 2002, 05:25 PM
I found my red saber/handgun combo was the best for ultimate mode back on the DC. They worked nicely.

RavenTW
Nov 9, 2002, 08:07 PM
Nothing Beats an S-rank Sword. Well, maybe a Sealed-J Sword or Lavis Blades or Meteor Cudgel, but then again, maybe not.

S-HIRYU
Nov 12, 2002, 01:19 AM
on DC, i found the red sword to be very effective in ultimate, especially if it has %s.

DB
Nov 12, 2002, 01:43 AM
Something for ultimate eh? Red Partisan, a little weaker than the others, but strong still. If you want a good weapon however, go get the S-Rank Twin. It's a blast. Or even better, if you're looking for all out killing, get the mechguns... Even though low ATP, hell... Take what you can do, with your S-Rank sword, you can hit three times. Add it up. Take the mech guns, and their max damage. Multiply it by 9. Guess what ends up doing more... LoL... But in the end, everyone has diffrent opinions. So, find out what style suits you best. After all, in my opinion, there is no "best" way, of viewing something.

Rhete
Nov 12, 2002, 03:13 AM
Wow, none of you have any idea what you're talking about. S-Ranks don't exist, and red weapons are extremely rare. Just use whatever you're using right now in vhard and you'll be fine

eRUPT
Nov 12, 2002, 03:20 AM
Wow rhete flames again. Its getting pathetic kid, go do something positive for once.

Anyhow Red weapons are not that rare depending on which kind.

DB
Nov 12, 2002, 07:45 AM
If you say S-Ranks don't exist, you're on crack kid... Beat challenge mode all the way through, and you get to choose a weapon. That's an S-Rank weapon... Wow, you're learning now! And as for the "Red" weapons... Sheesh, you can pick up a Red Handgun on accident. The Red Partisan and sword are a little on the rare side. The saber can be a toughie to find, all depending on your section ID, how hard it will be.

S-Rank doesn't exist... Wtf... Like I said, go play through challenge mode, damn you. And next time, be able to back up your claims. Every post i've seen from you so far, has nothing to support your own mindless jumble. If you did have something to support it, I wouldn't say anything at all. But, you don't... Anyways, off to bigger and better things...

RavenTW
Nov 12, 2002, 08:39 AM
S-Ranks don't exist because they haven't put in all the Challenge quests yet. Therefore, you can't get S-Ranks.

Anyway, the Dragon Slayer is the best sword that is easy to find.

RedFox
Nov 12, 2002, 10:19 AM
Red sword... its bastard big and damn strong too and its red.

until today i didnt even know a red partisan existed.

KodiaX987
Nov 12, 2002, 11:36 AM
Use anything with a few percentages and a charge attribute!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Believe me those things kick ass, especially when they are partisan type!

Deathkiller
Nov 12, 2002, 04:26 PM
Yes and through all of this none of you bother to notice that you can get S ranks offline as well...

True-Stealth
Nov 12, 2002, 06:28 PM
I heard that the rarest and most powerful weapon is the Dark Flow. You get it by combining Olga Flow DNA with the Flowen's Sword. No one I know has got this weapon yet, but Ah King says it exists...

DB
Nov 13, 2002, 02:55 PM
I have no clue... Like I said though, it all depends on prefrence. If I could get my old Lavis Cannon back, phew. I wouldn't ask for anything more. But, to bad you can't get one offline, unless they changed that? And i've also heard of a Double-Cannon? This sounds a bit on the intresting side?

Davion
Nov 13, 2002, 03:05 PM
On 2002-11-12 15:28, True-Stealth wrote:
I heard that the rarest and most powerful weapon is the Dark Flow. You get it by combining Olga Flow DNA with the Flowen's Sword. No one I know has got this weapon yet, but Ah King says it exists...

I've seen pics of it and it's special. It is sick I tell you. The thing requires over 900 atp to use, and it's atp alone is 900. You can't combo with it though.

I have a Last survivor and a Flowen's sword (well I have a lot but that's not the point) that both have great % that make them better than the D Slayer when fully grinded, which both of mine are. The Red sword is very powerful, and I'm bound to get one on Ultimate mode with my Skyly ID.

Yea 4 me ^_^!

DB
Nov 13, 2002, 10:07 PM
Still man, you gotta love the trusty Dragon Slayer! It's one of the easiest, most powerful Sword types, to find in the game, so early on... A few of my friends before, have gotten a Slayer in normal mode offline... Totally crazy...

Rhete
Nov 13, 2002, 10:17 PM
On 2002-11-12 04:45, DB wrote:
If you say S-Ranks don't exist, you're on crack kid... Beat challenge mode all the way through, and you get to choose a weapon. That's an S-Rank weapon... Wow, you're learning now!

Wow, try knowing what you're talking about next time! As mentioned theres nothing after challenge 4 yet. I'm on C5, and its not there.

And as for the "Red" weapons... Sheesh, you can pick up a Red Handgun on accident. The Red Partisan and sword are a little on the rare side. The saber can be a toughie to find, all depending on your section ID, how hard it will be.

Try playing the GC version before you post nonsense. THey're a lot rarer now. I have yet to find a single one at level 100, and have seen no one with any of them yet

S-Rank doesn't exist... Wtf... Like I said, go play through challenge mode, damn you.

I have. I got 9 S-Ranks on Dreamcast. They dont exist on Gamecube yet

And next time, be able to back up your claims. Every post i've seen from you so far, has nothing to support your own mindless jumble. If you did have something to support it, I wouldn't say anything at all. But, you don't... Anyways, off to bigger and better things...

Mindless jumble? You're the one telling people to look for red weapons and s-ranks

On 2002-11-12 13:26, Deathkiller wrote:
Yes and through all of this none of you bother to notice that you can get S ranks offline as well...

No you can't

On 2002-11-12 15:28, True-Stealth wrote:

1 hit combo weapons aren't exactly good, especially in ultimate

DB
Nov 14, 2002, 03:48 AM
*Coughs* What a bunch of BS... *Cough* Just got a red hand gun, like 5 seconds ago. *Cough* Just beat the caves challenge... *Cough* Kiss my ass... *Cough* Asshole... *COugh* Damn, I think Dophon gave me something? LMAO... And STFU kid.

ABDUR101
Nov 14, 2002, 03:54 AM
Don't start flaming guys. You can argue all you want, but don't flame.

I haven't gone online yet, so I don't know about the Challenges..I only know from whats said on the board. As for red-type weapons..I'm still in Very Hard.

I did manage to find a Dragon Slayer in V. Hard off a Hildebear tonight..the Dragon did'nt drop anything though, so I think the Hildebear jacked the Slayer before I got there =X

DB
Nov 14, 2002, 07:33 AM
*Watches the HildeBear run by, at break neck speeds, and snatch the Slayer off the ground, and book with it...* <ABDUR> "Hey! Hey you! That's mine!" *Chases after the HildeBear, but has no hope of catching up with it, as it jumps deep within' the forest...* <ABDUR> "Damnit... Why does this always happen to me? If only I had new leg enhancer upgrades! Damn you HildeBear! D4MN j00!" *ABDUR malfunctions, due to being ripped off, by a semi-intelligent life form... A giant monkey... >_<*

jazzyfox
Nov 14, 2002, 10:58 AM
On 2002-11-14 00:48, DB wrote:
*Cough* Just beat the caves challenge...

So.. that would be.. C2? C3? C4? You know.. the ones that are in.. not C5 onwards. Next time try provin your point with information that backs it up. ^.^

DB
Nov 14, 2002, 11:38 AM
*Cough* DUMBASS... *COUGH* I did prove my point in my post. I said I beat the caves challenge... Is there anything else I stated? Nope... Cause I didn't get an S-Rank... Did I say I did? Nope. *Cough* Review the information correctly. Fool.

jazzyfox
Nov 14, 2002, 11:47 AM
On 2002-11-14 08:38, DB wrote:
*Cough* DUMBASS... *COUGH* I did prove my point in my post. I said I beat the caves challenge... Is there anything else I stated? Nope... Cause I didn't get an S-Rank... Did I say I did? Nope. *Cough* Review the information correctly. Fool.

Ok, let's review!
DB: Get an S-Rank.
Rhete: You can't. C5 onwards isn't implemented yet.
DB: I did the caves challenge!

So what we have here is either "I did the caves challenge" as:
a) Refuting Rhete's point that C5 onwards is not available.
b) Irrelevant information.

If we examine case A, then it isn't valid proofs, seeing as how caves challenges are C2-C4, saying nothing about C5 onward. If we examine B, then you have no point saying that, and look foolish. ^.^

DB
Nov 14, 2002, 11:53 AM
*Yawns* I'm not a n00b, and I don't cry... *Yawns* And what's it matter if it's irrelevent? *Coughs* And I think I know what I typed? So why post it all over again? Reassuring yourself, that I might actually give a damn? *Laughs* Sure... I beat the caves challenge, plain and simple. End of story. Did I ever say I was out to prove anythin in the first place? Nope. Do I really give a damn? NOPE. So, just why in the hell do you keep refering to me? For something intresting to do? *Yawns* How sad... Do yourself a favor... And go play some challenge mode! You might find something intresting... If you're online, that is...

jazzyfox
Nov 14, 2002, 01:10 PM
Awww, he said review the information, so I did, and that's bad. Oh well.

But as you say, it's irrelevant information. Thanks for clearing it up that you chose option B. ^.^

KodiaX987
Nov 14, 2002, 01:23 PM
DB, are you sure you are making the difference between GC and DC versions of PSO?

DB
Nov 15, 2002, 12:27 PM
Well Kodia... I'm trying? But with all the fools that act like they know something... Like fox up there... It's kinda tough... I wish people like him, would go back to DC version, and complain about stupid shit, to themselves.. COnsideringg I don't really care... o_O Wish that Fox person would go back to GameFaqs... If that's where they came from. and have so much time to bitch... About GC... SHit, I hope I can make the difference.

jazzyfox
Nov 15, 2002, 07:17 PM
Oh wow. I was going to ignore this, having finished with it.

Who's the one giving wrong information here? You. Who's the one that wouldn't admit he's wrong? You.

Also, you should read the information given to you. KodiaX was saying you are quite possibly confusing the DC and GC versions of PSO, not "are you making a difference?" as in making it better.

Do I know the exact details of everything in GC PSO? No. Do I know that Rhete has been playing this game for a year and a half, and I've played hundreds of games with him and he is rarely wrong on these matters? Yes. Will I defend him when someone comes in saying all sorts of BS? Yes.

And for the record, I didn't come from GameFAQs. I've been posting here, sometimes actively and not so actively, since I got the game in March 2001. I've been involved in helping people here and in IRC, taking screenshots of about a hundred people's characters, and been a moderator when IceBlink was single-handedly running the site (against my better judgement).

All you seem to have done is tell people to go get an S-Rank when the challenges aren't all the way in. And that Red weapons drop like candy, when it can be proven otherwise.

You understand? I'm done with this now. OK?

RavenTW
Nov 15, 2002, 09:03 PM
jazz, jazz, jazz, please. If your done, your done, don't fuel it anymore right after you say that.

But DB, you did need to make more sense in your post. Either you didn't think before posting, or you messed up your post in someway, and when someone tried to correct you, you threw it in their face. That's not exactly nice behavior.