PDA

View Full Version : FSOD Solutions

Zophar
Nov 9, 2002, 04:08 AM
PSOv3's online client has bugs which cause FSOD/BSOD. This can be a problem since you lose all un-equiped items in your inventory if you don't quit/save.

Solution #1: Soft reset. If your game locks-up and is not responding, press and hold down B+X+Start on the control pad.

Solution #2: Disconnect the cable from your network adapter for a while. Eventually the game may quit/save for you. You'll be forced to hard reset your Gamecube if this doesn't work.

Solution #1 mainly for FSOD ("Frozen Screen of Death"). Solution #2 is mainly for BSOD ("Black Screen of Death").

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zophar on 2002-11-09 07:29 ]</font>

BrokenHope
Nov 9, 2002, 04:57 AM
It's actually START+B+X to soft reset, holding L+R too will likely mess up the calabration of the shoulder buttons.

Zophar
Nov 9, 2002, 06:07 AM
I see. I'll edit my post appropriately.

DarthWufei
Nov 9, 2002, 08:23 AM
Thanks! I had always wondered how to soft reset, but I could never remember. And I was too lazy to read the manual. Now I won't have to lose items. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif!!!

Zophar
Nov 9, 2002, 09:54 AM
People have been telling me this doesn't work. It definately does. You have to hold down B+X+Start for a few seconds. It isn't instant like soft resetting was on Dreamcast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zophar on 2002-11-09 07:31 ]</font>

ReneP
Jul 15, 2003, 12:08 PM
Its Y+X+B+START @ the european(or evry ?) gamecube for soft reset

Kidzukai00
Jul 15, 2003, 12:13 PM
I don't know what the hell kind of FSOD you are talking about 'cuz it never works for me. You can't even reset the system, so why would you be able to soft reset the game...?

kat
Jul 15, 2003, 12:24 PM
why all of a sudden does everyone suddenly think they've discovered the holy grail of FSOD? And it's always the soft reset?

This is like the third post on the apparant 'fix'...

BrokenHope
Jul 15, 2003, 12:29 PM
On 2003-07-15 10:24, kat wrote:
why all of a sudden does everyone suddenly think they've discovered the holy grail of FSOD? And it's always the soft reset?

This is like the third post on the apparant 'fix'...

Try looking back a few posts, this thread is over 6 months old and someone bumped it.

Frozt
Jul 15, 2003, 12:33 PM
screw those solutions sense the game is already in a frozen state and isent pivking up anything just take your memory card out and turn the power button to your game cube off the power it back on.

You lose yor stuff bu not your character, I have only been corrupted one time and that was my fualt I hurried up and snacthed out the card so I could go to school.

And only carry one weapon on you 1 at a time.
I hate people who roam the lobbies asking for spare weps just because they were in a game showing off their weapons as they fuaght.

Atax
Jul 15, 2003, 01:16 PM
On 2003-07-15 10:29, Broken Hope wrote:
Try looking back a few posts, this thread is over 6 months old and someone bumped it.

Judging by the dates of the posts, it seems the twit ReneP has bumped this thread.