PDA

View Full Version : CHARACTER CARRYOVERS??

Zabot
Oct 10, 2006, 09:52 AM
when they have the Demo will it save our characters so when we get the game then we will still have our levels and such. I highly doubt it but it would be cool, what do you guys think?

SaviorSe1f
Oct 10, 2006, 09:53 AM
I think they will do a server wipe to address any issues we may find in the beta.

AquaFlare7
Oct 10, 2006, 09:54 AM
On 2006-10-10 07:53, SaviorSe1f wrote:
I think they will do a server wipe to address any issues we may find in the beta.

This is exactly what they did with the Japanese version.

Zabot
Oct 10, 2006, 09:54 AM
yea didnt think of that, probably tho

SephYuyX
Oct 10, 2006, 10:03 AM
MUST YOU CAPITALIZE EVERY THREAD YOU MAKE SANER JR?

Zabot
Oct 10, 2006, 10:05 AM
LOL YES, WHEN IM EXCITED I WRITE IN CAPS. . . LOL. . .SANER JR. HUH

CherryLunar
Oct 10, 2006, 10:30 AM
Wait. Zabot is the new Saner?

1337Beeb
Oct 10, 2006, 10:30 AM
OH ITS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

I pray they don't allow this faggotry.

AquaFlare7
Oct 10, 2006, 10:33 AM
Meh, as long as it is English I could care less if you write in caps or not. Unfortunately it bothers a lot of people so better to be safe than sorry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2006-10-10 08:34 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Oct 10, 2006, 10:38 AM
Perhaps I'd understand the use of caps with the excuse of excitement if the topic really merrited excitement. I hopped into this topic expecting something exciting and interesting to be here based on the thread title capitalization. It did not meet my expectations.

It's bad forum etiquette to use all caps for your thread titles when it doesn't deserve it :|

AquaFlare7
Oct 10, 2006, 10:41 AM
On 2006-10-10 08:38, RoninJoku wrote:
Perhaps I'd understand the use of caps with the excuse of excitement if the topic really merited excitement. I hopped into this topic expecting something exciting and interesting to be here based on the thread title capitalization. It did not meet my expectations.

It's bad forum etiquette to use all caps for your thread titles when it doesn't deserve it :|

Then the administrator should open up the template and were he has:

<font face="Verdana" size="2">

replace it with:

<font face="Verdana" size="2" style="text-transform:capitalize;">

That would solve the world's hunger issue too I bet? Whoa, actually that's a good idea!

/heads to suggestions forum

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2006-10-10 08:42 ]</font>

DreamLocke
Oct 10, 2006, 10:45 AM
100% sure there will be a wipe. I'm just bitter because I can't play the beta because I have a silver account...grrr...

On that note, do you think a lot of people will upgrade to gold just to play the beta?

James2006
Oct 10, 2006, 10:51 AM
No one is going to upgrade to gold just to play a one week demo that doesn't even count.

Soulvayne
Oct 10, 2006, 11:09 AM
Could hope for them to do what SE did for xbox users who played the FFXI beta. SE essentially allowed players to carry over their content ids so they could use the characters from the demo. Not saying Sega will do the same thing but you never know it could be a possibility.

AquaFlare7
Oct 10, 2006, 11:10 AM
On 2006-10-10 09:09, Soulvayne wrote:
Could hope for them to do what SE did for xbox users who played the FFXI beta. SE essentially allowed players to carry over their content ids so they could use the characters from the demo. Not saying Sega will do the same thing but you never know it could be a possibility.

I would like to note here that Japan had a server wipe after beta. It is likely that SoA will follow in SoJ's footsteps in this respect.

DraginHikari
Oct 10, 2006, 11:13 AM
Read this page from the BB Forums by Clusmy: http://boards.sega.com/psobb/viewtopic.php?t=73915

Unfortunately, characters will not transfer to the full version. In order to go live, our servers need to be overhauled from the Beta server code to our full release code. These means starting over from scratch. Still, playing in the beta is the best chance to play Phantasy Star Universe before the game releases, and to play it absolutely free. Plus it really helps us with our server structure!
Sorry but it's not happpening.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2006-10-10 09:14 ]</font>

Soulvayne
Oct 10, 2006, 11:25 AM
On 2006-10-10 09:13, DraginHikari wrote:
Read this page from the BB Forums by Clusmy: http://boards.sega.com/psobb/viewtopic.php?t=73915

Unfortunately, characters will not transfer to the full version. In order to go live, our servers need to be overhauled from the Beta server code to our full release code. These means starting over from scratch. Still, playing in the beta is the best chance to play Phantasy Star Universe before the game releases, and to play it absolutely free. Plus it really helps us with our server structure!
Sorry but it's not happpening.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2006-10-10 09:14 ]</font>

Well thats no fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif thanks for the info Draginhikari