PDA

View Full Version : FOmarls: Accuracy Advice

FallenAngelV
Oct 10, 2006, 04:56 PM
My FOmarl's just hit Lv 90, and she can get through most of Episode I without too many problems, but I'm having some major difficulties with the later areas of Episode II. The main issue is that she's essentially maxed her ATA (it's at 169/170 with a [5/145/50/0] Sato and two God/Arms equipped), and I'm still missing enemies on a fairly regular basis. Can someone recommend some effective weapons for her class which are easy to find? (since I'll probably need to get 10-20 of them until I find one with Hit%)

These're the weapons she's been using recently:

Bringer's Rifle [0/0/0/0] (special misses almost constantly in late Ep II)
Angel Harp [30/0/0/25] (also fairly unreliable, not as powerful as the Bringer's Rifle)
Madam's Umbrella [0/35/0/0] (meh)
Geist Raygun [0/0/25/35/40] (for TP recovery)
Inferno Bazooka [30/20/25/0] (too inaccurate)
G-Assassin's Sabers [0/0/0/0] (ditto)

Once her MST gets a bit higher, I'm planning on giving her a [0/0/20/0] Holy Ray which'll hopefully be a bit more effective. I've also got a 35% Hit Windmill somewhere, but I'm not sure whether it's worth using or not. Any thoughts?

I'm offline only by the way, which rules out trading for rares with Hit%. Also, I don't have a Greenill, Yellowboze, Bluefull or Purplenum character, so please don't recommend hunting for anything under those IDs.

Hrith
Oct 10, 2006, 06:07 PM
Don't melee those areas, duh.

It'll be ten times faster to blast through them with techniques =/

Splash
Oct 10, 2006, 06:23 PM
Charge Vulcans with 50% hit is worthy for any melee character.

Matter of fact, FOmarl are below average with melee weapons. So a weapon with a very high hit percent will be the one here. Inferno Bazzoka with like 40% hit on a FOmarl is very good.

Hrith
Oct 10, 2006, 06:32 PM
I have a Lv 182 FOmarl with a 60% hit Inferno Bazooka, it sucks past Forest, get real http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Using an Inferno Bazooka in the later Ep2 areas is beyond stupid.

Use techniques, there is no melee weapon you can get that will make the later Ep2 areas easy for a FOmarl.

PMB960
Oct 11, 2006, 12:37 AM
I wouldn't use any weapons with any type of force past very hard. You can nuke anything by that time and blow through Ult. very easily.

T0m
Oct 11, 2006, 05:00 AM
If you prefer meleeing, then you should do that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
That's what I do with my Fomarl, anyway. And in my case, it is still faster, in most areas. This Fomarl has a few levels on yours (around 110), but she still has poor MST, by choice. ATA is a problem, though. I would advise to keep checking your shops for some mechs and a slicer with hit. And use those till you find something better. (I was lucky enough to find a 65% hit HS Justice, and a +40% hit slicer for a Rainbow Baton).

Kevino
Oct 11, 2006, 08:24 AM
FOmarl's are better unequiped they dont need weaps when you can destroy everything with techs.

FallenAngelV
Oct 11, 2006, 09:09 AM
Well, I already have a Lv 135 FOnewearl who can nuke her way through Ep I and II with no problems whatsoever, so I wanted to try using a melee Force for a change. A Rainbow Baton sounds like a good idea (I'm sure I have a 50-60% Hit Slicer-class weapon in my bank somewhere), but I doubt I'll have the patience to pipe for a MR: Iritista after I get my 2nd Syncesta (trying to make a Double Cannon when you're offline only isn't easy).

Thanks for the advice, anyway.

rena-ko
Oct 11, 2006, 12:50 PM
i'd use a huct-slave ... err.. -teammate for any place past ult forest when playing my foml.

Kevino
Oct 12, 2006, 08:50 AM
lol thats a good idea