PDA

View Full Version : What is CLv for?

Zeal
Oct 10, 2006, 06:32 PM
I'm not exactly sure what the Card level is for. (That's what I think it's called.) Can someone explain it to me?

Skorpius
Oct 10, 2006, 07:45 PM
Your Card Level will determin the ranks of cards available to you in packs that you earn after battles.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1865

Zeal
Oct 10, 2006, 09:44 PM
I thought you got a rank determined on how you fought the battle?

VR-Raiden
Oct 10, 2006, 09:47 PM
Skorpius is referring to a card's rarity rank (N4-SS)

Zeal
Oct 11, 2006, 06:14 PM
Okay, so how do you get good cards from a pack after a battle, and why are they different colors?

T0m
Oct 11, 2006, 11:36 PM
Higher Clv means that more, and often better, cards are available for you to get after a battle. (Like has been said, higher level= higher card rarity rank).
A better rank means you'll receive more cards after a battle, and in that way increase the chance of getting good cards. (If you get 9 cards, you'll have 9 chances for getting something good, which is better than, say 2 chances, were you to get just 2 cards).
Apart from that, getting cards is a random affair.

The differently coloured card packs, have slight differences in which cards you are likely to get.

Make sure to give the guide search (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php) tool a try.
You might like this guide: Cards & Obtaining Cards FAQ (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2016).
One of the guides that one links to: Deck Color Options At The End Of Battle (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1525).

Zeal
Oct 12, 2006, 08:28 PM
Okay, I get it now. But why isn't the black deck identified? I chose it a couple times and I keep getting item cards in it, so I'm confused about the selection.

Ryna
Oct 13, 2006, 09:40 AM
As level up your CLv, you'll have better odds of finding higher-ranked/rarer cards.

The color pack you choose influences the types of cards you will find for the battle you just won. Each of the color packs have a special emphasis area associated with them. For example, one of the card packs is likely to give you a larger number of monster cards.

JohnBerserker
Oct 13, 2006, 04:19 PM
the black deck isnt really unidentified, its supposed to have about a 25% chance of getting everything. monsters items and action cards. but the percentages might also be based a little on your section id. tho i dont know what the section id does in this game so i could be wrong.

Zeal
Oct 13, 2006, 06:09 PM
Right, the Section ID! What does that do? There's no chance it could act like PSO 1 & 2, could it?

T0m
Oct 14, 2006, 09:14 AM
In EP3, your Section ID decides the colour of your photon chair (in an online lobby). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Ryna
Oct 14, 2006, 05:17 PM
The Section ID also has a small impact on the offline ending credits.

DikkyRay
Oct 14, 2006, 05:53 PM
i believe it is the color of the spinning id?
Also doesn't id's detirmin your online tourny partners?

Zarbolord
Oct 15, 2006, 01:01 PM
Oi, no it doesn't! The spinning ID is always yellobose for me, and my character is Greenill, so that's not correct is it? Umm... I think that section IDs have an impact on the randomness of cards, it's easier to get this N4 than that one, which is the opposite from another ID. Like my bro is only lvl 12 and he's got loads of cards I don't have and I'm lvl 65 O.O But back to the credits... I really wonder what ID does. does it change the images or something? I only concentrated on one character so.... I don't know how the differences are. Anyway, it was a fun game, if I can insert a memory card in the Wii then I'm gonna play it more, otherwise I'm letting it go... I'll only concetrate on PSU if that happens... As for the topic, yes, it makes your chances higher for better cards.

DikkyRay
Oct 15, 2006, 01:27 PM
really?
Well, that explains that. I had a yellowboze, and i was a yb, so i just assumed...

Zarbolord
Oct 16, 2006, 01:07 AM
My brother has a viridia character, if I do manage to insert my data on the Wii, then I'll check it. But it comes out on december 8th here, and bro is getting it for his birthday, which is december 21st. So, it'll take a while http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zeal
Oct 17, 2006, 09:14 PM
So lemme get this straight. CLv does affect the getting of higher ranked cards, Section ID has something to do with spinning ID, the different colored packs determine what kind of cards you get. That's correct? So one more question; what's a spinning ID? =/

RAGNAGELPPOD
Oct 18, 2006, 10:08 AM
The spinning Id thing is an animation that occurs during the games ending credit sequence. Its usefulness lies in the fact that it gives you a close up of your section Id.

And I dunno what that other guy was talking about, but I'm pretty sure that the spinning Id always represents your own. I always get teh purplenum, and the two characters that I use (RAGNAGELPPOD, Indi Lura) are also purplenum, meaning that there is a positive correlation between the Section Id of the story character that beats the game and the section Id f the spinning Id that only makes is appearance during the game sending credits.

I may be jumping to a hasty conclusion here, but seeing as 2 people (one includes my self)said that its the name as your own Id, and that only 1 person said that its unrelated, I assume that the other guy jus has a case of foggy memory.

JohnBerserker
Oct 18, 2006, 04:03 PM
yeah, i think it is supposed to be the same as your own. i beat one story mode recently and my character was whitill. it showed a whitill. it might also be based off of the other character files created on the mem. card. that might explain why the one guy had a different color than his spinning id. could show the id of the character with most hours. dont know for sure tho.

Zeal
Oct 19, 2006, 09:20 PM
Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the help! Now that I understand more about it, the better I can play!

Lunar_Night66
Aug 18, 2007, 11:22 AM
As far as I am concerned your section id does not change any of the gameplay.

Lunar_Night66
Aug 18, 2007, 11:22 AM

Lunar_Night66
Aug 18, 2007, 11:23 AM