PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII: HELP!!!

OdinTyler
Oct 11, 2006, 10:25 AM
I'm seriously stuck. There were a couple of points, where I thought I was, but, I figured out what was wrong. This is NOT one of those times. Youre gonna laugh, but, please dont. Heres the situation:

Im on Disc 2 & Ive bought at least 3 or more Chocobo stalls. Ive caught 3 Chocobos since then. Two are great (I checked with Billy) & one I believe is fair. Anyway, I ask him to move them into the stables, but, it wont work! It says to press left or right (to select, I suppose) & then press the circle button. I do so & it doesnt work.

I dont have the default controls, but, Ive tried other buttons, but, to no avail. Is this a glitch or is there something Im just not doing? Im asking that is something wrong or can Chocobo raising not be done until Disc 3? Ive got enough cash to get started & Id really like to. Any help on this would be MUCH appreciated.

Other than this, my chars are seriously high levels, Im raising alot of materia & I have the cash to do pretty much whatever I want. This just nags me & I know I cant find everything if I cant raise Chocobos.

MaximusLight
Oct 11, 2006, 06:06 PM
You need to buy another stable, and yes default controls help or it can be a pain to navigate, but realy you need to have a free stable before you can move anymore chocobos in.

OdinTyler
Oct 12, 2006, 10:51 AM
You dont understand. I bought 3 & Im tempted to buy 3 more just to have all 6 (Ive tried this already btw). Choco Billy just wont let me move my caught Chocobos (I have 3 sitting out front) & he wont let me move them into the stables I do have. This has to be some kind of major glitch because despite not using the default controls, Ive tried every other button & its just not working. Doesnt make any damn sense to me.

As an update, Im on Disc 3 now, up to the Crater (beginning of the end of the game) & its still not working. HELP!!!

ZaiV2
Oct 12, 2006, 07:20 PM
If I remember correctly (and I'm probably wrong, but it's worth a shot), you have to be on the default configuration to be able to get more chocobos in.

OdinTyler
Oct 13, 2006, 12:19 PM
Its stupid, but, its true. You DO have to use the default controls to do ANYTHING with Chocobos. I took Maximus's suggestion & temporarily changed the controls. Sure enough, another mistake in the game, where it ONLY recognizes the default. Well, I started raising my 2 greats. Both max stats & 1 of them (the female) is currently a B Class racer. Gonna keep working on this. Thanks for the help guys. This was a bad programming error that I hope I dont see in future FF games.

Other than this, Im doing fairly well in the game. If anyone has suggestions on how to quickly raise up Chocobos to get the rarer ones, let me know, such as certain courses to race or what not.

foamcup
Oct 14, 2006, 03:03 PM
People still play this turd of a game?

Wyndham
Oct 14, 2006, 04:54 PM
On 2006-10-14 13:03, foamcup wrote:

do people ever listen to this turd? damn straight. >_>

Kevino
Oct 16, 2006, 08:16 AM
On 2006-10-14 13:03, foamcup wrote:

i hope you die a slow and painfull death. FFVII was the GREATEST FF game nay, greatest game EVER!

Red_Dragon_Jr
Oct 16, 2006, 08:20 AM
RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevino
Oct 16, 2006, 08:46 AM
TY!

Xaos127
Oct 16, 2006, 08:59 AM
Chocobo Guide (http://www.ffonline.com/media/guides/ff7/ffvii_faq_chocobo_1.txt)

Click itttttt.

OdinTyler
Oct 17, 2006, 11:47 AM
OK long story short, I have my Chocobo. However, Im stuck with another area. Ive beaten the game (yesterday), thats not the issue. My issue is that when Ive gone to the Northern Cave, trying to get items, I get stuck. Apparently, once youre further in (past when you start splitting up into groups), you cant leave the cave! Is there a way to leave? Id like to be able to get all the Master Materias (I have the Command one & Im getting close to done for Summon). But theres Materias in the cave that, if I cant leave, I cant master their respective sections. Is there a way to leave the cave, once youve gone far enough in? How can you master the Master Materia if you cant leave?

geewj
Oct 17, 2006, 12:02 PM
I think if you meet up at the bottom, after splitting up into groups, then you can backtrack and leave the cave.

OdinTyler
Oct 18, 2006, 11:01 AM
So right where you could use the Save Crystal before Jenova (I havent used the Crystal yet)? I hope youre right. Thats alot of backtracking to do. I dont mind if I can actually leave. I have the items before you split up but not after. Im trying to get the rest of the items in the cave tho. Ill try what you suggested.

Also, a few other questions. First, theres a materia on a rock that when you jump to it, Cloud automatically jumps. I believe its the Mega All materia. How do you get it? He jumps so quick after landing that I cant seem to snag it. Suggestions? Also, my other questions are about 2 'missing' materia. Supposedly, you can get the Final Attack materia from Chocobo Racing. Ive never seen it come up. Is this how you get it? The other missing one is something called Added Cut. Does this materia exist in the glacier or is it a typo in the guide?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OdinTyler on 2006-10-18 09:03 ]</font>