PDA

View Full Version : People and their stupid opinions about legits/hackers, and g

Axel3792
Oct 12, 2006, 10:32 AM
JUST GET OVER IT. Either make a locked game with good friends, or quit. Hackers are inevitible. Locked games are like firewalls. Firewalls keep hackers out (why would we quit the internet?) and passwords keep out game hackers (mostly). If you like being online, you'll keep it and find a small community to be a part of (internet=bbs, pso=friends), but if you don't, you'll quit anyway.

How about this?
Replace the time you freaks spend playing games, and take that time and get a job/girlfriend/life.

I'm not flaming part-time gamers who play on the weekend or every few weeks, but rather the ones who need to get out of their parent's basements or rooms and get some sunlight.

Where I live, there are a lot of gamers. I'm not complaining, but if only I could count the times I've heard the phrase or something similar to "I just reached level (xx), and finally got that fireball lv (xx). I'm so happy! It was such an accomplishment!"

Lame. Getting a new job or getting engaged is an accomplishment. Nothing in any way, shape, or form in a game is worth getting that excited about.

Sitting here at college, down in the library so many people are on either MySpace or some game site. How about doing that paper that you keep putting off? Or maybe go to class instead of skipping so you can add people to your friend's list?

This is a rant for a reason. We all have our moments. I used to engage in marathon sessions of gaming, and still do periodically.

But only if it doesn't interfere with anything in REALITY........

There is so much more, but I'm tired, and class is about to start.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axel3792 on 2006-10-12 08:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axel3792 on 2006-10-12 08:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axel3792 on 2006-10-12 08:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axel3792 on 2006-10-12 08:56 ]</font>

adamgnome104
Oct 12, 2006, 11:12 AM
The internet and videogames are not worth bitching over, and if you actually do call people losers for their choice on what they spend time on... you make yourself look EXACTLY THE SAME AS THEM!

If you have enough free time to bitch and complain, you probably shouldn't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adamgnome104 on 2006-10-12 09:12 ]</font>

CupOfCoffee
Oct 12, 2006, 11:59 AM
Actually, Axel, I think the way you look at life is a lot more problematic than the way a "hard core" gamer does. If their accomplishments on a game make them happy, why would you try to take that away from them? Because they aren't as concerned as you are with the parts and pieces of your life?

There are a lot of societal problems today, but one of the ones that really bothers me is this pressure to achieve normality and make a lot of money and get married and have 2.5 kids and drive a reasonably priced four-door sedan to your 9-5 job each morning. Basically what this translates to is a pressure to achieve someone else's goals. If getting married isn't important to me, why should I spend my time looking for someone to get married to? What if I stand to inherit a lot of money? Why would my getting a job be relevant or beneficial to anyone? What if finding items on PSO makes me happier? What reason do I have to stop?

You rain judgement too quickly and too harshly down upon anyone who doesn't share your lifestyle and set of ideals. Maybe someday, someone will be able to make it clear to you that finding happiness in your own little corner of reality is just as functional as finding it in the same places a bunch of other people do.

NightStorm
Oct 12, 2006, 01:57 PM
Hey it IS the rant section. Let him rant. All Axel is trying to say really, and I know him pretty well, is that people spend too much time complaining about hackers, flaming people on posts, and whatnot. When he mentioned getting a new job, or getting engaged as accomplishments, he meant those as examples, not a set life path to follow. It's just his way of saying don't forget these games are supposed to be that...games. And it's great to enjoy them and discuss them as such, but when you make them more important than real people, and how you affect real peoples lives, and forget your supposed to be playing the game to have fun in the first place... that things become skewed. He's a good person,and very individual in his own right. He's not some kind of yuppie corporate america normality-nazi. I apologize on his behalf if he offended anyone, because I dont believe he intended it as a directed insult... just wanted to vent. Heck he's on here posting right so it's not like he's telling you all to not play games, and then himself be a member of an online game community. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Good day

navci
Oct 12, 2006, 02:05 PM
On 2006-10-12 09:59, CupOfCoffee wrote:
There are a lot of societal problems today, but one of the ones that really bothers me is this pressure to achieve normality and make a lot of money and get married and have 2.5 kids and drive a reasonably priced four-door sedan to your 9-5 job each morning. Basically what this translates to is a pressure to achieve someone else's goals.

This cup always have some good point. :> The pressure is on us to fit into all these roles that is set out for us. Good kids, good siblings, good students, good whatevershit. With a pretty absurd standard. There is only one goal and everyone should get to that goal no matter who/what/where you are.

Ya, totally off topic.
I know what you're saying(your point of people making a big deal), but I do agree that you have a LOT of judgement in there.