PDA

View Full Version : Old PSO memories..

HiKeRI
Oct 12, 2006, 10:45 PM
What crazy stuff had ya seen happen on the past pso's?
I remember those crazy names/characters that were made, Retarded people being funny, haxer losing it and my personal favor two brothers fighting in game, instead of rl and one next to the other room.

Slitz
Oct 12, 2006, 10:46 PM
Sorry to come off negatively,
but what does this have to do with PSU? ;p

CpwninOBrien
Oct 12, 2006, 10:47 PM
telepipe pranks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HiKeRI
Oct 12, 2006, 10:56 PM
Because PSU is PSO itself, once your foot steps in the PSU world you'll get the PSO feeling, but with a good look in it, Slitz.

NightHour13
Oct 12, 2006, 10:58 PM
I remember all the funny inside jokes. "del sabers are nice". Hah a couple of things. All the glitches that would make me laugh, like the flying diminian in ruins 2.

Then what was it..Chaos runner! I would always laugh when it didnt load fast enough and suddenly your dead and a horse noise is heard. But no chaos runner.

Numnuttz
Oct 12, 2006, 11:05 PM
On 2006-10-12 20:47, CpwninOBrien wrote:
telepipe pranks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

lol i remember those. the set up was funny. i feel for it to many times myself.

February
Oct 12, 2006, 11:07 PM
A

R
A
P
P
Y

I
S

F
I
N
E

T
O
O

Kireek101
Oct 12, 2006, 11:12 PM
i thought it was funny when i died fighting an al rappy in GC ver. at only lvl 5 or so....

Symtex360
Oct 12, 2006, 11:55 PM
I remember my first double light saber...ah good time.

Haruka-sama
Oct 13, 2006, 12:05 AM
Setting lag bombs in battle mode (or forgetting which teleporter you put one over!) hehe =D

Also, getting your character behind that big door to the teleporter that takes you to the areas while the door is locked down by wedging yourself in on the edge of the door and wiggling the analog stick ^-^ really pointless as you can't go anywhere once you get behind it, but fun nontheless !

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Oct 13, 2006, 12:10 AM
I remember the first time I got online.... I was already in ultimate mode... around level 140... And I wasnt aware of the "shorter grace period" between hits online.... Then gibbles dropped down...
I thought, no problem, I've taken down tons of gibbles offline.
Then Gibbles went ape-shit crazy on me. I couldn't escape him! I wasted all my trimates, and 3 scape dolls, just to be beaten by my first online gibbles fight. XD
It sounds silly, but it can be really hard when you have never experienced that lack of invulnerability between hits that offline has.

Other great things I remember... Lobby antics, Messing with spammers... I always found the best way to deal with a lobby spammer, would be to walk up to them, and spam the poke emote on them... Eventually, they would stop spamming, because you somehow are making THEM uncomfortable, and run away from you.

tons of other things... so many good memories

Sevenfold
Oct 13, 2006, 12:14 AM
The first time I was pked in the game lobby by some nerdy fat hacker kid.

*Loads*
Me - DEATH!!!!
Me - What just happened? Why am I dead in the lobby!!!
Me - (Crap, my [LEGIT] twin brand was equipped)
Nerdy hacker - Buwhahaha!! I PWN YOU NOOB!!!!111 Buwhahaha!!!11
Me - Can I please have my weapon back? I dont hack, thats the only one I have.
Nerdy hacker - STFU NOOB!!!111 DEEZ NUTZ!!!11 LOLOLROFL!!!
*Logs off*

Ah yes.....good...er...times...I guess. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Hajile
Oct 13, 2006, 12:35 AM
On 2006-10-12 22:14, Sevenfold wrote:
The first time I was pked in the game lobby by some nerdy fat hacker kid.

*Loads*
Me - DEATH!!!!
Me - What just happened? Why am I dead in the lobby!!!
Me - (Crap, my [LEGIT] twin brand was equipped)
Nerdy hacker - Buwhahaha!! I PWN YOU NOOB!!!!111 Buwhahaha!!!11.....
*Logs off*

Ah yes.....good...er...times...I guess. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I'm glad PSObb addressed serious hacking such as that, My good memory of PSO was totally geting excited seeing a rare enemey then after it kicks the bucket it drops a monomate..

http://www.miateam.de/cute1.2/data/upimages/saintrappy.jpg

Aberu
Oct 13, 2006, 12:55 AM
Last time I played PSO was a couple weeks before Version 2 came out for Dreamcast. Now since I am considering coming back for PSU on PC, I decide to post here again. Didn't realize how long it had been since I posted here. Watashiwa (not the word, the old mod here) got me into Ragnarok Online through this site when he started his own site. Long history here. I guess the old games funny moments to me were when people would go nuts and talk on the forums about shadowy figures of a gm appearing like a ghost in the middle of their games, attempting to catch them cheating hehe.

Losodo1976
Oct 13, 2006, 01:49 AM
Dang, I remember being online the night PSO for DC came out. Holy crap that game was so fun.

What did it for me was when I froze a roomful of baddies at once with Rabarta, lol. Mmm, Rabarta and the revolutionary chat system.

Ah, back when the lobbies were rammed with people... remember that? Finding groups was so easy. There was always a ton of games to join.

I can't wait to put foot-to-ass in PSU! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zarbolord
Oct 13, 2006, 01:56 AM
What was funny for me was this summer when a friend and I went to the pool and then played PSO, we nearly both fell asleep and got our ass' kicked by dimenians, offline too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Spacepest
Oct 13, 2006, 04:35 AM
Walking into a Japanese lobby and having a Japanese player spam the room with the international chat translator phrase: "I will hide a Rod+69. >Everybody" and LMAOing.

I take great pleasure in bonsai trees. >Everybody

Funny, I'm going to miss the quirky in game translator. And the symbol chat. And being made to feel like a pervert everytime I said the words "shoes" and "Saturday" by the crappy in game chat censor.

Nephias
Oct 13, 2006, 06:29 AM
I THAT MOME HE"S AN IDIOT.

Nuff said.

UltraDeeDer
Oct 13, 2006, 06:39 AM
Red box fever. Had a cartiac arrest everytime I saw one. I guess that was enjoyable.

Sometimes i would kill some shiznit and have a red 'blood' cloud from it cover the item.

"OMG OMG OMG! I SEE RED! OMG!"

Caukin
Oct 13, 2006, 07:48 AM
I rememebr going crazy during on easter trying to find a egg rappy. Finnaly my friend found one and we were all excited to see what was the new rare

Neith
Oct 13, 2006, 08:01 AM
'Africa, it is cold.
>Everybody'

'Help! I have been beseiged by DUBWITCH!'

Go-go ball matches, lobby pillar 'h4xing', walking into walls in Ruins 3, taking shortcuts in C-mode, SSJ games (spiky golden yellow hair, use terrible weapons, load difficult quest. Fun ensues.)

Lobby time with friends <3

All of that made PSO memorable http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Drayma
Oct 13, 2006, 09:18 AM
transfering stuff to another character in DC PSO and losing everything because I couldn't see it.

Genoa
Oct 13, 2006, 09:19 PM
Discovering my first rare enemy on hard Forest with my RAmarl... It was an aweomse Al rappy... It droped me a Last Survivor, I thought it was cool, even though I couldn't use it... so I thought "well if I just find more Al Rappy's i'll be guarenteed a rare every time!" So I looked up the piping trick, and piped all day, found 4-5 Al Rappy's... only to figure out that it was only going to give me Last Survivors >_> Then I discovered on PSOW that enemies drop specific items on specific areas and difficulties ~_~

But one of my favorite memories is probably just me and my three friends playing multiplayer all the time. A Hunter, two Rangers, and me... the Force. We kicked butt, it was fun... but they all stopped playing >_> and i'm all alone with my RAcaseal =/

And for some reason.... out of all the songs I use to hear on the Radio while I played PSO, I can only remember [Trapt - Head Strong] and every time I hear that song it reminds me of playing PSO back in the day, so i've dubbed it my official PSO Song http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2006-10-13 19:22 ]</font>

M_BlackHawk
Oct 14, 2006, 12:37 AM
My fave memories of PSO were the VH ruins runs online with WarChild and other PSO Worlders. Great times.

blace
Oct 14, 2006, 11:45 AM
Memories of PSO that were most memorable dying at the hands (or feet in this case) of the Dragon when I started playing on a friends game then beat evry level after except ruins.

LoveAndLunacy
Oct 16, 2006, 10:39 AM
Ah good old memories, one of best was a friends 1st time in ultimate caves:

Friend : I paralysed
Me : 1 sec ill b rite der
Friend : Dnt wrry ill get poisnd by this Ob lily
Me : No!
Me : Dnt do tht!
Friend : Y?
Friend : Ahh poison kild me. WTF?

LMAO just greatness

DikkyRay
Oct 16, 2006, 06:54 PM
hehhehehe mine was about a month ago.
Me and my friend, Vr-Raiden started new characters.
We were about level 40 when we decided to go do pw2.
We got killed about 20 times each just by the 5 gibbles that came down. I never laughed so hard in my life. All we were doing was reviving each other over and over. It was a miracle if we got one slain...just to have one more come