PDA

View Full Version : Can't Connect to the Beta, Now Thinking of Skipping PSU Alto

Z-man
Oct 14, 2006, 02:23 AM
Well, I've been a fan of PSO since the Dreamcast days and I've played several versions since and loved all of them. I was so excited when I found out the beta was up this morning.

Then I tried connecting. Again and again and again. But I keep getting that damn interrupt request error message. I've tried resetting my settings on LIVE, plugging the modem directly into the 360...nothing works. I've tried for hours all day and I've finally given up.

I'm so disgusted by this and by the lack of a solution by Sega that I'm strongly considering skipping PSU altogether. If there are this many problems now, who's to say there won't be more throughout. And we get to pay $10 a month for that?

mogshaz
Oct 14, 2006, 02:25 AM
If you don't want to pay the game then skip it dude. I agree, why waste your money if your not sure a game will work?

Kyuu
Oct 14, 2006, 02:26 AM
... Well, if you're seriously considering skipping PSU because of this, when the Beta (keyword: Beta) has been up for all of one day, when they specifically mentioned that there will be a limit on the number of people who can be online at once, and when you didn't pay a dime for it... then all I can say is, you won't be missed.

Just for clarity, my aim isn't to mock your frustration. Frustration is understandable. Blind rage about something insignifanct like an inability to get onto a free demo version of a game really isn't. People who get so upset about things like this really need to reevaluate their priorities.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-10-14 00:28 ]</font>

Symtex360
Oct 14, 2006, 02:28 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:23, Z-man wrote:
Well, I've been a fan of PSO since the Dreamcast days and I've played several versions since and loved all of them. I was so excited when I found out the beta was up this morning.

Then I tried connecting. Again and again and again. But I keep getting that damn interrupt request error message. I've tried resetting my settings on LIVE, plugging the modem directly into the 360...nothing works. I've tried for hours all day and I've finally given up.

I'm so disgusted by this and by the lack of a solution by Sega that I'm strongly considering skipping PSU altogether. If there are this many problems now, who's to say there won't be more throughout. And we get to pay $10 a month for that?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Asura17
Oct 14, 2006, 02:29 AM
Wow go to the official forum.. ... before you post a useless topic.

http://boards.sega.com/psu/index.php

Z-man
Oct 14, 2006, 02:31 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:26, Kyuu wrote:
... Well, if you're seriously considering skipping PSU because of this, when the Beta (keyword: Beta) has been up for all of one day, when they specifically mentioned that there will be a limit on the number of people who can be online at once, and when you didn't pay a dime for it... then all I can say is, you won't be missed.

Just for clarity, my aim isn't to mock your frustration. Frustration is understandable. Blind rage and refusing to rectify your own ignorance is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-10-14 00:27 ]</font>

It has nothing to do with server load and everything to do with Sega's incompetance. I've scoured every message board looking to diagnose this connection problem and discovered that there are a portion of users that cannot connect regardless of the amount of time they've tried. It simply makes no sense.

I'm not compaining that I spent money on something here. I understand that the beta is obviously free. However, a problem this large-- a demo wholly unplayable by a large percentage of users for no discernable reason-- is just ridiculous. And it absolutely destroys my faith in Sega's ability to run decent servers.

Z-man
Oct 14, 2006, 02:31 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:28, Symtex360 wrote:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Edit by moderator: *BLEEP* Wrong choice of words. Watch the language and aggression please.

Z-man
Oct 14, 2006, 02:32 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:29, Asura17 wrote:
Wow go to the official forum.. ... before you post a useless topic.

http://boards.sega.com/psu/index.php

Thanks for your non-input, useless brand new forum member.

Bleemo
Oct 14, 2006, 02:32 AM
Ouch, lay off the man. He's just ticked that he can't play Beta, you would be also if you were in his situation.

It's extremely unfortunate that some can't log into Beta even after downloading it. For that, I give you my condolences. Cool your head a little and give PSU another shot when it's released. You certainly won't regret it in the long run if you enjoyed PSO.

Miyoko
Oct 14, 2006, 02:33 AM
So, you're angry at Sega for being unable to play the game, and yet, you read the disclaimer that said you might not even get on in the first place...?

... Not to mention, this is something FREE, and you're bitching?

... Jeez, if that's the kind of person you are, then I hope you -do- decide to skip it.

Weak
Oct 14, 2006, 02:34 AM
LOLZ

No really, I haven't any long winded reply.

This is hilarious.

Z-man
Oct 14, 2006, 02:35 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:33, Miyoko wrote:
So, you're angry at Sega for being unable to play the game, and yet, you read the disclaimer that said you might not even get on in the first place...?

You have no reading comprehension skills. None.

mogshaz
Oct 14, 2006, 02:35 AM

... Jeez, if that's the kind of person you are, then I hope you -do- decide to skip it.

I agree. If you think it will be a bad idea to pay for the game its tiem to man-up and make a big boy decision to not spend your money.

Z-man
Oct 14, 2006, 02:37 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:35, mogshaz wrote:

Thanks for these additional gems of wisdom. They've been really helpful.
I agree. If you think it will be a bad idea to pay for the game its tiem to man-up and make a big boy decision to not spend your money.

Weak
Okay, actually I do have a question.

If you woke up tomorrow and connected to PSU with no problems, then what would you say?

Symtex360
On 2006-10-14 00:32, Bleemo wrote:
Ouch, lay off the man. He's just ticked that he can't play Beta, you would be also if you were in his situation.

It's extremely unfortunate that some can't log into Beta even after downloading it. For that, I give you my condolences. Cool your head a little and give PSU another shot when it's released. You certainly won't regret it in the long run if you enjoyed PSO.

He came into this board, insulting everyone and you expect me to give him respect ?

If he read the FAQ, he would know that the Open Beta onlly allow a X amount of CONCURRENTS connections.

Kyuu
Oct 14, 2006, 02:38 AM
Refer to this post in the official forums that the "useless brand new forum member" helpfully linked for you (btw, actually insulting people because of their post counts or join dates is just extraordinarily lame):

THIS IS A BETA.
There is going to be SERVER issues as with 100% of every other beta that made it to the Market. Some People can Connect, and Some can't.
The BETA hasn't even been up for 24hrs.

The Point of this BETA is to see how the Servers Handle, and to get Bug Reports. (Check #16)
Everyone Stay Calm, I got some koltova pie for everyone. Smile

RubyEclipse wrote:
We have been able to determine that there is likely only a set number of people currently being allowed onto the servers.

1) the BETA is out. <- lol

2) Not everyone who downloads the BETA gets to play at the SAME TIME, when people get offline, then you can get online.

3) Servers are laggy? Welcome to a BETA/Demo, this is the whole reason for the BETA/DEMO.

4) Can't connect for HOURS.
Make Sure your NAT system is set to OPEN, Not secure, people think Secure is "ok nobody can hack my 360".
When your NAT is Open it will help you Connect to more people online, and will help with MANY connection Issues. CLICK LINK <----
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/connectionmethods/troubleshootliveconnection-testnat.htm

5) If that doesn't work CLEAR CACHE. Don't worry you lose Updates, not game saves, or demos.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 14, 2006, 02:39 AM

Pwned, i LAWLed lol

Z-man
Oct 14, 2006, 02:40 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:37, Weak wrote:
Okay, actually I do have a question.

If you woke up tomorrow and connected to PSU with no problems, then what would you say?

I'd say that Sega has a lot to learn about they way they handle their business and that while I'm glad I got on, it's a long series of mistakes like the day one beta mess that has lead to Sega going from the top of the console business to a 7th-8th place third party developer.

BlueInfinity
Oct 14, 2006, 02:41 AM
wow someones being a real sour puss. XD

Z-man
Oct 14, 2006, 02:43 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:38, Kyuu wrote:
Refer to this post in the official forums that the "useless brand new forum member" helpfully linked for you (btw, actually insulting people because of their post counts or join dates is just extraordinarily lame)

While it's nice of you to "help," if you'd read my posts you'd have seen that I mentioned already going through and exhaustive search message board/ diagnosic search to correct the problem. That included visits to the official forum.

Kyuu
Oct 14, 2006, 02:43 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:40, Z-man wrote:

I'd say that Sega has a lot to learn about they way they handle their business and that while I'm glad I got on, it's a long series of mistakes like the day one beta mess that has lead to Sega going from the top of the console business to a 7th-8th place third party developer.
Fallacy: Blizzard has had just as many, if not more, problems with WoW. Yet WoW is pretty successful, I'd say.

Conclusion: Your reasoning is pretty much garbage.

Z-man
Oct 14, 2006, 02:44 AM
Fallacy: Blizzard has had just as many, if not more, problems with WoW. Yet WoW is pretty successful, I'd say.

How is that past time of comparing apples to oranges treating you?

Kyuu
I refer you again to this section of the post:

THIS IS A BETA.
There is going to be SERVER issues as with 100% of every other beta that made it to the Market. Some People can Connect, and Some can't.
The BETA hasn't even been up for 24hrs.

The Point of this BETA is to see how the Servers Handle, and to get Bug Reports. (Check #16)
Everyone Stay Calm, I got some koltova pie for everyone. Smile

1) the BETA is out. <- lol

2) Not everyone who downloads the BETA gets to play at the SAME TIME, when people get offline, then you can get online.

3) Servers are laggy? Welcome to a BETA/Demo, this is the whole reason for the BETA/DEMO.

Bleemo
On 2006-10-14 00:37, Symtex360 wrote:
He came into this board, insulting everyone and you expect me to give him respect ?

If he read the FAQ, he would know that the Open Beta onlly allow a X amount of CONCURRENTS connections.

He only started to insults others when everyone started insulting him.

Of course, he was incorrect by assuming that he'd get in automatically, but it still does not mean that we can't sympathize with him.

BlueInfinity
Oct 14, 2006, 02:45 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:43, Kyuu wrote:

yea aggreed, a boy who goes into a world class hissy fit because hes unable to play a game that had no guarentee that he would be able to play in the first place.

Tomeeboy
Oct 14, 2006, 02:46 AM
Chill with the flaming and aggression guys. Yes, not being able to connect is annoying, but that is the whole reason they are letting people play for FREE so that the servers can be stress tested. They are doing this so that these problems will hopefully not exist when you are actually paying for the game.

Z-man
On 2006-10-14 00:44, Bleemo wrote:

On 2006-10-14 00:37, Symtex360 wrote:

He only started to insults others when everyone started insulting him.

Of course, he was incorrect by assuming that he'd get in automatically, but it still does not mean that we can't sympathize with him.

Thanks for the kind words.

Symtex360
On 2006-10-14 00:43, Z-man wrote:

On 2006-10-14 00:38, Kyuu wrote:
Refer to this post in the official forums that the "useless brand new forum member" helpfully linked for you (btw, actually insulting people because of their post counts or join dates is just extraordinarily lame)

While it's nice of you to "help," if you'd read my posts you'd have seen that I mentioned already going through and exhaustive search message board/ diagnosic search to correct the problem. That included visits to the official forum.

The beta only allows a certain number of player to on the server simultaneously. too bad you can't connect. Once the game goes retail, the server will not have that restriction. If you were paying for the game, I would agree with you but now I guess you are going to have to wait for a less busy time or october 26th.

Kyuu
Oct 14, 2006, 02:47 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:44, Z-man wrote:

How is that past time of comparing apples to oranges treating you?
So basically you're saying that Sega is the only MMO maker to ever have problems, or that only Sega's problems count, and we'll just delightfully ignore that pretty much every other MMO ever has had problems upon problems from start to finish?

Otherwise, I'm not sure I understand how you might reason that the comparison is invalid.

Edit: Meh, Tommee is right. Not worth the effort.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-10-14 00:48 ]</font>

Z-man
Oct 14, 2006, 02:48 AM
yea aggreed, a boy who goes into a world class hissy fit because hes unable to play a game that had no guarentee that he would be able to play in the first place.

Ah, yet another enriching, thoughtful and well written post. You really do make the world a better place.

Symtex360
Oct 14, 2006, 02:49 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:48, Z-man wrote:

Ah, yet another enriching, thoughtful and well written post. You really do make the world a better place.

Z-man, will all do respect, your OP was the same. You didn't brought much to the table.

AnamanaAU
Oct 14, 2006, 02:51 AM
It's a beta test, when will you impatient fools realise this? You can't expect one minute and the whole thing will be running successfully.

Weak
Oct 14, 2006, 02:53 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:49, Symtex360 wrote:

Z-man, will all do respect, your OP was the same. You didn't brought much to the table.

The dude was already pissed, and you told him to "get the hell out" essentially.

Z-man
Oct 14, 2006, 02:54 AM

Right because your first post "don't let the door hit you on the way out" was just loaded with respect. You can't have it both ways. You want to be curt and dismissive, that's great. But don't come back in and play this false voice of reason thing. It doesn't work.

AnamanaAU
Oct 14, 2006, 02:54 AM
Actually, I hope you do skip PSU, Z-Man. I don't want to play with drama-causing whiners such as yourself. You go run an online game globally and do a decent job at it, then you can complain.

BlueInfinity
Oct 14, 2006, 02:56 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:53, Weak wrote:

The dude was already pissed, and you told him to "get the hell out" essentially.

someone had to, what did he expect comming here ranting about his problems. a sympathy cookie?

Symtex360
Oct 14, 2006, 02:57 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:54, Z-man wrote:

Right because your first post "don't let the door hit you on the way out" was just loaded with respect. You can't have it both ways. You want to be curt and dismissive, that's great. But don't come back in and play this false voice of reason thing. It doesn't work.

You have actully calm down and started to express yourself in more politicaly correct way that why I've started to answer you with a proper response.

Z-man
Oct 14, 2006, 02:58 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:54, JubeiSaotome wrote:
You go run an online game globally and do a decent job at it, then you can complain.

I really love this logic. Because in using it you can make arguments like this:

-Don't complain about gas prices until you can run an oil refinery yourself.

-Don't complain about someone in your family getting cancer unless you enroll in medical school to find a cure.

-Don't complain about cold temperatures until you can manipulate weather patterns on your own.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Miyoko
Oct 14, 2006, 03:08 AM
On 2006-10-14 00:35, Z-man wrote:

You have no reading comprehension skills. None.

Mmm, no, my reading comprehension is dead on. You're just choosing to hear what you want to hear.

You said yourself that you read the note saying you might not be able to get on... Do I need to show it to you?

Every game has its launch problems, not to mention, this is a BETA. I'm pretty sure Sega doesn't give a shit weather you connect or not right now, because, you know, it's going to last for one week.

Not to mention, now you're only insulting everyone here, and acting egotistical like your epenis is the most important thing in the world. You're quickly making many enemies, and no friends at all.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say "GTFO my intarwebz".

But hey, if you want to keep posting, and making yourself look like an idiot, then by all means. It's amusing, at least.

Inspektahdek
Oct 14, 2006, 03:42 AM
TRY THIS, I found this at the official forum

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Make Sure your NAT system is set to OPEN, Not secure, people think Secure is "ok nobody can hack my 360".
When your NAT is Open it will help you Connect to more people online, and will help with MANY connection Issues. CLICK LINK <----
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/connectionmethods/troubleshootliveconnection-testnat.htm

Ryudo
Oct 14, 2006, 08:13 AM
Every online game ever has problems for the first couple of weeks to a month, it's not caused by incompetance, it's simply the development cycle of an online game.

Grow up and deal with it, if you dont like it, dont play, no-one will miss you.
Being a flaming swearing child on an internet forum isnt going to change anything.

chewydawg
Oct 14, 2006, 08:21 AM
look dude wer all sry that you couldn't connect but that means they'll fix the problem after beta i would be in blind rage to but dont worry the actual game is gonna be fine

Sizzors
Oct 14, 2006, 09:06 AM
Just to note: (haven't read so refrain from flaming if it has been said)

1. Connection problems are your problems, not the games problems
2. LAG is the games problem and not your fault
3. BETA, not OFFICIALY REALEASED GAME

PSU will be better, this is a demo.

AnamanaAU
Oct 14, 2006, 09:18 AM
On 2006-10-14 06:13, Ryudo wrote:
Every online game ever has problems for the first couple of weeks to a month, it's not caused by incompetance, it's simply the development cycle of an online game.

Being a flaming swearing child on an internet forum isnt going to change anything.

Quoted for truth. I kind of wish this 360 beta didn't happen, but then you'd have them whining even more because the game is released.

radical_ryan
Oct 14, 2006, 09:24 AM
Is wroking for me to (Gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

kyori
Oct 14, 2006, 09:25 AM
On 2006-10-14 06:13, Ryudo wrote:

If you were following the status of the JP release, youd know it was incompetence. At least in your timeframe. Even after a month of total hell they still managed to blotch something up recently. Although it's fixed, it still was a terrible amount of delay to live through. Also, you'd also know about how stupid the PC/PS2 beta tests were as well in terms of being a BETA TEST and how "great" their netcode is.

Saigan
This is better than "Passions" XD

Seriously though, I've seen hundreds more ONLINE than I've heard of people unable to get online. I had to spam the connection for about an hour after I got timed out. Also- there are tons of newbies to Phanta on there. (An example of this is one guy razzing me about "how the **** did you join my party you hacker!" when he didn't set a password.

>.< Half the people I've played with kept asking me how to jump or block. It may actually be more frustrating to have to play with these guys than not be able to connect.

Yoiyami
You have to keep in mind that you aren't really playing the game. This is for testing purposes only, not for enjoyment. Logging on to beta means that you're going to help find glitches and bugs. The bonus is getting an idea of what the game will be like. An IDEA of it since you're not playing the entire game.

So for anyone to review and judge the game now is unfair. But it's up to you. I'm sorry you're frustrated and disappointed.

PJ
Oct 14, 2006, 09:33 AM
I'd say that Sega has a lot to learn about they way they handle their business

Sooo...

What's the name of your overly successful, multi-million dollar business?

A2K
Oct 14, 2006, 09:45 AM
On 2006-10-14 07:25, kyori wrote:
If you were following the status of the JP release, youd know it was incompetence. At least in your timeframe. Even after a month of total hell they still managed to blotch something up recently. Although it's fixed, it still was a terrible amount of delay to live through. Also, you'd also know about how stupid the PC/PS2 beta tests were as well in terms of being a BETA TEST and how "great" their netcode is.

Huh? Granted there was a lot of issues those first two weeks, but once World 2 was installed... well, it was just as bad, actually. But from that point forward, it got much better. The delay in content was a downer, I admit, but for the past month(?) or so it's been quite nice. Mistakes have happened, but more importantly, they've been corrected. I don't think anyone else, had they been in Sonic Team's place, would have responded much better than they in spite of what's occurred.

Edit: You guys (both sides) need to stop perpetuating this back and forth nonsense flaming. It's ridiculous.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-10-14 07:50 ]</font>

Fleece
Oct 14, 2006, 09:45 AM

awwwwwwwwww can widdle baby not get his fwee game awwwwwwwwwwwww

You self centered prick, what gives you the right to bitch about something you can fix yourself. Its been stated several times over on the OFFICIAL forums that its either the Server is overloaded from people downloading and playing the client, IF so then just let it slide you were too slow at getting it OR its your ISP's fault combined with your xbox's automated settings combined with the static DNS given out by segas server. If your not gonna take the time to even try and fix it yourself then what kind of man are you? Did you really think bitching about it in these forums would get you sympathy or get someone to fix it for you?

krika
Oct 14, 2006, 10:01 AM
There is almost always server issues when new online games is out. Just live with it, they will fix it.
And remember, just becouse you cant connect doesn't mean that it's something wrong on the servers. It could be your router as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krika on 2006-10-14 08:03 ]</font>

Aberu
Oct 14, 2006, 10:05 AM
Dude, Z-Man I used to play with ya. Don't know why you'd be a quitter like this. It's a beta it won't be perfect. When PSO first came out it had problems the first couple of days as well due to overwhelming traffic. We were both there, we both know.

Saiffy
Oct 14, 2006, 10:09 AM
Don't fucking play the game if you are just gonna bitch about it.

Holy shit people are dumb.

Aberu
Oct 14, 2006, 10:10 AM
If you've played as many betas on the first day as I have, getting the servers working on the first day with a game as highly anticipated as this, is an amazing feat. Not the other way around.

Yoiyami
Oct 14, 2006, 10:13 AM
I agree with Aberu. You're right. ^_^

Kismet
Oct 14, 2006, 10:15 AM
Z-man, it's a beta. You can't let beta results determine the factors of the game. It's a demo that was downloaded from the system's international database. When you buy the actual game, which is a disc that has everything on it, it'll be different.

Discs are more realiable than dinky "preview" files.

kyori
Oct 14, 2006, 10:17 AM
On 2006-10-14 07:45, A2K wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-10-14 07:25, kyori wrote:

Huh? Granted there was a lot of issues those first two weeks, but once World 2 was installed... well, it was just as bad, actually. But from that point forward, it got much better. The delay in content was a downer, I admit, but for the past month(?) or so it's been quite nice. Mistakes have happened, but more importantly, they've been corrected. I don't think anyone else, had they been in Sonic Team's place, would have responded much better than they in spite of what's occurred.

Edit: You guys (both sides) need to stop perpetuating this back and forth nonsense flaming. It's ridiculous.

Mistakes on a similar scale do not need to be happening during full retail service. Which it is in now. I really wouldn't have minded that content delay were it during that beta test month.