PDA

View Full Version : PSO Xbox Players

Lorcain
Nov 10, 2002, 04:21 AM
Hey Xbox owners! This topic is for those who simply want to know their fellow PSO Xbox players.

This is not a guild or clan. It's a simple place to request a game.

Update (2/8/03): I've pre-ordered PSOX and I should be playing it on the 25th! Can't wait... I also bought one for my cousin.

Please feel free to add me to your Friends List http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Update (2/14/03): The pre-order has been pushed to 3/11. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I hope that's the last delay...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorcain on 2003-02-14 19:14 ]</font>

Blenjar
Nov 10, 2002, 09:01 AM
Now that's a cool thing. Lol.

Lorcain
Nov 10, 2002, 02:14 PM
I know it seems silly to have a PSO Xbox player machup topic when the game hasn't been released. I thought it would be cool for those who are eager to play. We can get to know each other before-hand.

I played the Dreamcast v1 & v2 as Lorcain & Gourry. I hope to make my gamertag "Lorcain" as it is my ancestor's name.

Blenjar
Nov 10, 2002, 05:18 PM
I only play ver.1, not version, but now I got I&II for ngc, amd waiting for PSOX.

Lorcain
Nov 14, 2002, 09:14 PM
I think that Microsoft is delaying the release of PSOX because it will crush any other online game. They may be keeping it for a time when game sales are usually down, like March.

I'm getting Xbox Live tomorro, so I'll be playing the demos and NFL 2K3. It's gonna be cool. I hope the setup runs smoothly.

Look for "Lorcain" if I am able to get that as my Gamer Tag.

Lorcain
Nov 17, 2002, 03:07 AM
I've set up Xbox Live without any problems. However, the subscription code was concealed under a hologram sticker that you're supposed to scratch off (not peel off). There was no indication that I had to scratch it off, so I had to make a phone call to find that out. Xbox support answered the phone immediately, but they could have indicated "scratch hologram to reveal subscription code" near the sticker. I tried peeling it, then I took it to the light to see if it was part of the hologram. How was I supposed to assume it was a scratch-off when it's a hologram sticker?

I've played NFL2K3, MotoGP, and Wacked. Voice chat was cool, and it seems no one uses the voice masks. There really is a lot of communication due to the freedom of speaking rather than typing.

I can't wait for PSOX to come out.

Blenjar
Nov 17, 2002, 01:39 PM
I play nba2k3, motogt, & ghost recond. Im thinking of getting mechassault. Should I?

Blenjar
Nov 17, 2002, 01:40 PM
I play nba2k3, motogt, & ghost recond. Im thinking of getting mechassault. Should I? oh and My name there is "Soul Be Price."

DjDragoon
Nov 17, 2002, 08:10 PM
LOL, oh nice Master Chief pic, LOL. That's the funniest thing since the warthog jump. I'll be on Xbox pso fo sho and my PSO names are on my site: http://www.thephotoncore.rr.nu
See you there!

Lorcain
Nov 18, 2002, 12:30 AM
I bought MechAssault and it rocks! I played about 10 missions offline to get the hang of it, and then I went LIVE.

I am amazed at how easy it is to get going. The game is really deep. For example, we played one game 1 on 7, where the 7 chose the smallest mechs and the 1 was this towering monster mech. The variety of mechs makes things interesting.

MechAssault has recieved rave reviews (9.0 on Gamespot) and I haven't heard anyone say that this wasn't the best Xbox Live game to get. It's a must buy. Of course the other LIVE games are strong too.

On Gamespot, two guys give their opinion on Xbox Live (They first admit they were skeptics, but now they think it rocks!). They mention PSO and they wonder how the lobby will work with 20 people talking at once. It was an interesting question. They offer some suggestions that I won't elaborate just in case you want to see it.

Blenjar
Nov 18, 2002, 06:31 AM
YO like my bro getting game today b/f I come back home, I'll play it around [ est ] 4pm to 7pm, you like get on my name is Soul Be Price!, let's have fun!

Lorcain
Nov 19, 2002, 12:27 AM
I'll keep my eye out for ya, Soul Be Price.

If anyone else has Xbox Live, please post your Gamer Tag...

It's good to be aLive!

Lorcain
Nov 20, 2002, 10:10 PM
I've just read in the MechAssault instruction booklet that you can add any Gamer Tag as a friend in the Xbox Live settings (the Xbox dashboard).

I'll try adding Soul Be Price and anyone else who posts their Gamer Tag.

Mine is "Lorcain".

Blenjar
Nov 21, 2002, 09:25 AM
Ok, I think I'll be able to play the game tonight after 4 pm est, or tomorrow.

Lorcain
Nov 21, 2002, 10:42 PM
I added Soul Be Price to my friends list through the Xbox Dashboard. It sent a request out, and I think he accepted it. As I played MechAssault, I viewed his status and I could see he was playing Ghost Recon.

How is Ghost Recon Soul Be Price?

BIO-SLASH
Nov 22, 2002, 01:51 PM
That's awesome. I have my Xbox live, just haven't got the ethernet cable I need to cross the room from my computer to the box http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Soon though, very soon...

Blenjar
Nov 23, 2002, 07:38 PM
Yea, I hate the game, and that wasn't me playing ghost recon, my bro was. If you see me playing ghost recon, nba 2k3 it not me, mechassault, motogt demo, and Unreal that I'll buy later, it me.

- Correction if you see me playing ghost recon, it my be me or my bro, love that game, so real oh and im getting evolution world, will get unreal later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2002-11-29 18:28 ]</font>

MalambisBZ
Nov 29, 2002, 09:28 AM
Malambis is my gamertag. I have NHL2k3 and Mechassault. Need.. PSOX.. lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif .

Lorcain
Dec 1, 2002, 02:47 AM
Hey Malambis! I will add you to my freinds list and I'll invite you for some MechAssault action...

Feel free to add me (Lorcain).

See ya soon...

Lorcain
Dec 27, 2002, 03:53 AM
Hey Xbox owners! EB Games has listed the Xbox version of PSO for 2/25/03! I can't wait!

I hope the date sticks. I'll just have to be happy with new downloadable levels/mechs/modes for MechAssault and Splinter Cell until then.

My guess is that the date will hold because Sonic Team had finished the game months ago.

jimmer_jammer
Dec 28, 2002, 02:14 PM
I am gonna be on the xbox version of pso the first day it comes out. hopefully... My xbox live gamertag is going to be ParadoX but I dont have cable yet -.- speaking of gamertags, I wonder if you will be able to give each new charecter a different name or if all your chars will be named the same thing?

Lorcain
Dec 29, 2002, 03:13 AM
You can't change your gamertag!

Once you select it, it remains forever (or you can pay 50 bucks for another account). So make sure you pick a good name that you will be happy with. If you want to be taken seriously, don't call yourself POOSTICK, XXXCARNAGE, or any other name you're not gonna want 5 minutes later. (Those are real gamertags I've seen.) Also, I'd avoid "licsense plate" or "e-mail" names. Try using real words or names with proper capitalization.

The good thing about having one name is that you can find people on your friends list regardless of the game they are playing. You can invite that friend while playing MechAssault and he will see that invitation while playing MotoGP.

Gandalf
Dec 29, 2002, 10:06 AM
XBL GAMERTAG: Conjurer

I find it funny when i see people with tags like Fat232DUG93842...they're gonna be stuck with that for a bit.

jimmer_jammer
Dec 29, 2002, 07:50 PM
I wasnt talking about changing your gamertag. I mean you will log on to the pso network with your gamertag but have a different name that ppl see. cuz I wouldnt want 12 different charecters all named ParadoX.

ALPHAM0F0
Dec 29, 2002, 09:57 PM
i do beleive you'll be ble to do that... oh i cant wait for the xbox version of Pso

Gamertag: AlphaMofo

Lorcain
Jan 12, 2003, 11:49 AM
PSOX is less than 2 months away! I just saw the movie clip on the japanese xbox site. One thing I noticed was the lack of "comic bubbles" on the characters in battle. Now I won't have to have a keyboard on my lap when I play. Cool!

KiriA_Online
Jan 13, 2003, 12:44 AM
HI! My Xbox Live GAMERTAG is...KiriA.

I hope to see so many people playing PSO on Xbox late February! Not that I am going to quit on my GameCube version...I just wanna talk to people while playing...and hear how some people say certain weapons...like Kaladbolg...and Gae Bolg...

Lorcain
Feb 8, 2003, 02:08 AM
How many of you have pre-ordered PSO for Xbox?

I hope to be playing on the 25th...

See ya soon!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BrokenCompass
Feb 10, 2003, 12:32 AM
I will hopefully be getting psox on the 25th. My Gamertag is BrokenCompass feel free to add me.

Archimedes
Feb 10, 2003, 12:59 PM
We're 15 day away and counting!
My Xbox Live gamertag is Maximus Prime, but I haven't played in a while due to PSO on Gamecube. MechAssault is mucho fun, as is Ghost Recon.

Nidarrock
Feb 12, 2003, 03:38 PM
I'm still not sure on Xbox PSO yet(it's NOT the fee), but I have a strong feeling that I will be getting it. For the moment all I have is MechAssualt, so look for Nidarrock on weeknights.

Anyone else thinking about getting Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Xbox, it has online features. I'm getting it.