PDA

View Full Version : How do you play your Phantasy Star?

Brundidge
Nov 10, 2002, 04:41 PM
21 inch sony tv
a couch 2 1/2 feet away
small cooler with a 6pk of soda ready for caffine induced mayhem
Ready for 8 hours of non sense game play
But this is only on weekends though. Week days tune it down to 2 cans of soda and 2 hours of play (mainly lvling up)

How do you play your PSO?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Nov 10, 2002, 04:56 PM
At home:
20" computer monitor through ATI all-in-wonder 7500 AGP capture card. APC 350 uninterrupted power supply. Monster cable voltage regulator.
I sit on my bed and let my two cockatiels crawl on my shoulders. I keep a laptop with AIM/ICQ/IRC running, and use my toshiba e310 pocket pc to record item information into my database.

At Michigan:
I use hauppage USB capture device to play using my laptop as a screen. If I'm not the one driving, I put my gamecube on the floor of the car, secure it with my feet, and use a wavebird with the laptop on my legs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko on 2002-11-10 13:58 ]</font>

RedFox
Nov 10, 2002, 05:23 PM
wow snap... thats pretty intense... i jus have my DC (and GC but i dont have PSO for that yet...) connected to my cough(15inch)cough tv while i sit on my bed and have my cough(1)cough cockateil hissing at me for being to close.

snap... would you recommend using a PC video card set up? ive heard it can pixelate things a lil an make things look a lil ugly due to the lower resolutions of consoles

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedFox on 2002-11-10 14:24 ]</font>

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Nov 10, 2002, 05:28 PM
Only one cockatiel; Ha! PSO looks prettier on television screens for sure =>_<=;;

Brundidge
Nov 10, 2002, 07:42 PM
lol @ the television thing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TeamPhalanx
Nov 10, 2002, 07:48 PM
25 inch SONY VEGA
Sitting up on a couch with a pillow on the back
About 5 feet away
A bottle of water in front of me

Agent_Reav
Nov 10, 2002, 07:58 PM
27" Panasonic Tau (Flat Screen)

Component Video Hookups

Sony Headphones (The HUGE ones that completely cover your ears).

Mini Fridge Packed with sperm-destroying Mountain Dew is nearby..

I usually just lay on my bed while playin.

I'm lookin to upgrade my TV to a 36"... Anyone have any suggestions and/or recommendations?

Shrevn
Nov 10, 2002, 08:06 PM
in a 13" tv and im under my bed... Faltz scares me :`(

Maelkith
Nov 10, 2002, 08:24 PM
53" pioneer widescreen (41" image window), s-video hookup. my hucast is 13 inches tall lol.

Blenjar
Nov 10, 2002, 08:29 PM
I really don't know the inch of my t.v, but I play it in my room, on bed or in living room. nth special.

Drayma
Nov 10, 2002, 10:59 PM
19" samsung (330 hresolution composite)
chair about foot away (yep i sit close)

MajeenYouso
Nov 11, 2002, 12:40 AM
Ah...
A few feet 'way from a 63" Sony TV with my wavebird.
3.1 Surround Sound(Dolby Pro Logic 1). n.n Need two more speakers...
Glass o' water right to the side of me. ... Phone cord disgustingly leading to the wall on the other side of the room.. I shoudl fix that.

ABDUR101
Nov 11, 2002, 12:56 AM
Currently on a 27 inch Magnavox, which will soon be booted out and have a 27 inch Sanyo Flat-screen in it's place.

Dolby 4.1 surround with subwoofer(which a set are also hooked up to my comp).

Sitting here at the comp, the TV and systems are 2ft to my left and just down alittle bit so I don't have to strain my neck.

Thus I have ample space for drinks and food, along with playing my fav music while dishing out punishment in any game.

I also have chat progs and a web browser open/at the ready as I play, along with any typing programs needed if I'm doing *work.

*Multi-tasking as I type up contracts, forms or memoes

*EDIT*
With a Wavebird by the way. Makes it so convenient just to set the controller down without the weight of the cord pulling it off the desk. =X

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-11-10 23:15 ]</font>

Alisha
Nov 11, 2002, 01:32 AM
32" Sony trinitron

2 sattalite speakers
wavebird controller

DirewolfX
Nov 11, 2002, 08:34 AM
21" TV
Wavebird Controller

Either on my bed (weekend mornings)
or in my desk chair, with the computer on next to me with IM and webpages open.

Vic_Viper
Nov 11, 2002, 09:10 AM
17'VGA Monitor (VGA switcher for using both PC and DC at same time)
Mixed audio DC>PC
and Cambridge soundworks 5.1

I prefer VGA monitor because I can view the details better
but if it was a GCN (I don't think I'll be getting it for now) I think I was going to use component video and a Toshiba 54' projection TV (LCD type)

RedFox
Nov 11, 2002, 11:21 AM
WTF!?!? only 12 hours after making my post on my pathetic gaming conditions the heavens opened!

My parents decided to get a new widescreen tv and are giving me the old tv (36" with 5.1 sound system) AND i'll be getting a brand new laptop for my birthday (december 1st yipee!!!)!! now all i need to do is organise a broadband setup for my BBA connection which i hope to have in time for when i finally get GCPSO (whether or not i import remains to be decided)

i'll also have to work on getting another cockatiel..

Vandal
Nov 11, 2002, 11:45 AM
I have the same 27" Tau as that other guy but I sit 3 feet from mine, on my bed, with subwoofer / stereo speakers pumping MP3s from Bad Religeon, Beastie Boys, and all sorts of guys from http://www.vgmix.com and overclocked remix, NO sound coming from the TV. You'd think that makes C mode harder, but it don't ^_^ At least two, 3 liter bottles of Mountain Dew onhand at all times, and if they really destroy sperm, all the better. I didn't want kids anyway. My comp is 4 feet away inside a wall cabinet thingy and on a router with my roomates comp and my (inactive) linux box, and the GC. Our cable sucks and gets laggy and linkdead at least 3 times a day =P =P =P

-Nemesis_
Nov 11, 2002, 06:09 PM
65-inch widescreen hi-def (480p for PSO, with component video cables), Toshiba 65HX81, PRO LOGIC II running thru 2 7' tall Dunlavy SC-VI and 2 B&W matrixes for the center and two more Matrixes for the rear speakers. a cold Stouffer's 5-Cheeese Lasanga in the microwave and two empty cans of Starbucks Doubleshot... the gamecube seems so small and weak with these around. if you dont believe me, fine but i'll be playin on this system.

DayGlo
Nov 11, 2002, 06:18 PM
27" Sharp Flatscreen

S-Video connection
5.1 Surround Sound
2 normal pillows topped with a down pillow under my back (down pillow caressing my head)
lounging back on my futon
normally 3 cans of mountain Dew or a bottle of water.

with snacks:
most popular: Banquet frozen chicken nuggets cover to death with katsup and mustard
or Jose Ole frozen mini tacos drenched in tabasco

merlin
Nov 11, 2002, 06:44 PM
27" RCA Superblack Flatscreen

200 watt per channel Akai amp

Twin Bang&Oluffsen cherrywood speakers or bigger Audio Techs.

Sit in the middle of that.

Oh.....the most important part. Wear glasses!!

DarthWufei
Nov 11, 2002, 07:08 PM
I play on a 34" RCA TV... I don't think there's anything else to really include. :S

ThresholdRPG
Nov 11, 2002, 07:38 PM
65" Mitsubishi Medallion HDTV

5.1 surround sound speakers.

I play sitting on my La-Z-Boy reclining leather couch.

I generally have a glass of water and a cup of coffee for beverages and caffeine supply. =)

Foggy_Pete
Nov 11, 2002, 08:39 PM
an old beat up tv
a hard wood floor
a cooler full of hard liquor to get me messed up enough to enjoy PSOs offline mode
a useless modem adapter scoffing at me from the other side of the room where i threw it last
my PSO disk with the "O" brutaly marked out and "I HATE SEGA" written all over the walls of my room
and my hitlest of sega tech support junkies who were no help at all

RavenTW
Nov 11, 2002, 09:42 PM
At home less than 3 feet away from a 14-inch TV, playing whenever I want, unless Dad says otherwise.