PDA

View Full Version : Gameshark newbies...

Cree
Feb 24, 2001, 06:04 PM
Everyone knows that one you reach level 100 you are automatically branded a cheater by everyone from level 99 and under. Everyone seems so sure that if you reach level 100 you absolutely positively HAD to use this damn gameshark code to get there. Does this fucking code even exist? I have never seen any proof that you can actually use a gameshark to do this. I mean, even if there are other ways of cheating to get to 100, everyone seems to think the gameshark is THE way to do it. Since I hit level 100 PSO has just turned plain gay, and it is more an irritance now than anything because all I hear about is how I used this magical little code. And I mean it is plain out ridiculous. I have too much of a temper to put up with 5 level 50 fudgepackers ragging on me for 15 minutes just because I am level 100. Right now I am wishing I stayed level 99 because then I might be able to stay in a better mood through the day.

Spy
Feb 24, 2001, 06:16 PM
There are codes for super exp. which I'm guessing gets you to lvl 100 after one little kill. Accept the critism because the community here believes you. That just goes to show how PSO is a community game. If you spend alotta time playing with various people and they see you leveling up as they do they will know that you are not a cheater. And those people, your teammates, are the ones that count, not little puny level 50 kids that cry cheater.

I admit that when I see a level 100 person I am skeptical at first. When they bail my ass out in the ruins on v-hard I see the light. It when I constantly bail their ass out that I label them a "gameshark cheeter."

psoshadow
Feb 24, 2001, 07:18 PM
well i'm level 79 right now and when i get to 100 i'm gonna equip a very good sword cause the thing with level 100(gamshark cheaters) is there either carrying a double saber or the first saber of the game. when i see a level 100 character. and he's weilding a losy saber then he used game shark. oh and there mag most the time it hasn't evolved.

SeQrEt_1
Feb 24, 2001, 08:32 PM
I admit that I have critized gamers at level 100 too. But then I just realised I don't care.

I don't even mention someones level anymore.

What I do is just try to play with people I have been playing with for awhile. I keep there cards and if I don't see them online I goto the JP servers. But it kinda sucks when u can't communicate and they are walking through walls.

Just ignore them.. tell them to leave the game then.. or just go into rooms with them and let them fight everyone by themselves.. when they ask for help say i can't I dont' use gamesshark http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Br1aN
Feb 24, 2001, 10:10 PM
sup cree, now i noe what ur talking about when u said gameshark newbies in the game we played..
once i hit level 100 i wouldnt care what people say theyre juss jealous.

btw u remember me?

50volts
Feb 24, 2001, 10:24 PM
This right here is the problem with cheating. It isn't about game balence or anything else, just that it makes us players question our 'friends.' Sorry to say this Cree, but if I say you online I would brand you as a cheater asap just becasue you are lvl 100. I feel bad saying that but it is what I would do. I hope that as the online community grows we will see less cheating and more tolerance towards lvl 100 players. Personally I don't have the patience to get past lvl 45 so i might not ever have that problem http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

I don't know though. Maybe if a cheater doesn't spoil my fun i wouldn't mind it so much after a little. If he bails me out after I get rocked by Dark Falz, I would be grateful actually http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

GhostinmyShell
Feb 24, 2001, 11:03 PM
The game has been out over a month now, it doesnt start when "you" buy it...

sheesh...

People are avg 80+ now

asinclai23
Feb 24, 2001, 11:31 PM
Yeah I saw a lv 100 person using a brand. And his mag wasnt even evoled to the second lv. And I knew he used codes.

Cree
Feb 25, 2001, 02:03 AM
50 volts you are an idiot, and labeling them all cheaters shows you are a moron.

Yeah Brian, I remember you from the other night.

And not all level 100 players use rare weapons. I use breakers and other common weapons just because I found them with high affinity.

And even the ones that do cheat, they don't hurt you THAT bad so you shouldn't bitch at every level 100 you see. At least watch them play before you brand them a cheater. Most of the time I am branded a cheater before I even say "HI" to them upon entering the game.

Jihatsu
Feb 25, 2001, 08:19 AM
I don't like cheating, but there is nothing I can do about it. If someone joins my game at level 100 then asks me what a Book of Katana or what weapon (the Spread Needle) is, then obviously something is fishy about this guy.

I came out blatantly and said, "So, you cheated your way to 100?"

He said, "Yes."

And that was it. I had no problem with it. If he felt he had to cheat to be good at the game, so be it. He'll get bored easily.

What I'm pissed off is the kind of person who cheats and then tries to pass themselves off like a big egotistical idiot saying, "..yeah, killed myself a lotta boomas with my two HUcast hands.. *spits* I'm one damn tough killer.. two hundred plus hours on this baby."

And then asks why he can't use techniques.

htny
Feb 25, 2001, 10:08 AM
I turned LV 99 a couple of days ago (My JPN character is 100, haven't played him since US came out though). I have had qualms about going to 100 b/c of the cheating, and I think the best solution may be to start anew, transfer all my great weapons, and avoid ostracisation. Yeah fucking right. I'm going to go to 100 b/cI will actually have made it that far, and won't let some 12 year old hot-ubtton issue newbies ruin it for me..ht

iNiGHTS
Feb 25, 2001, 02:02 PM
Signs of cheater. Just watch out for "mighty" saber +1 and "superior" lv 5 mag... getting killed at forest... ask questions... don't know anything about the game... don't have any magics (for some classes)...

Hey if they can show you how good they play, and bail you out of death's face, then he is most likely not a cheater. If he steals your "holy" brand +2 or buster +3 he is a cheater. You only have to watch him play for the first 5 minutes or so with you in ruins... and remember to equip something that looks better than his weapon but of no value, so if you die and he still steal that crap, then he is a cheater + theif... yeah sure a lv 100 steal... must be a pathethic loser.

Bman
Feb 25, 2001, 09:49 PM
I remember one time I started a PSO World game on Puck 9, and a few minutes later, there's CREE, lv. 100. What's the first thing he says?

"I DIDN'T CHEAT"

Hehe...

That must suck a lot, getting flak just for being level 100. I'm 96 or 97 right now, and I'm not looking forward to hitting triple digits.