PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't Believe !

Sandman_17
Nov 10, 2002, 08:09 PM
My friend and I were playing offline multi, and we saw an AL RAPPY! I killed it, grabed the item and we went to the tekker. It turned out to be an Elysion ! Well I gave it to him, so we could share it when we were able to use it. So we continued on with Vindicating forest 1. About halfway through forest 2, we saw ANOTHER AL RAPPY !!!! Well we killed it, I grabbed the weapon, again, then we headed to the tekker again. . . . Once again it was an Elysion !!! I got one, and he got one, through one full Forest Run.

Destroyer1989
Nov 10, 2002, 09:38 PM
kool.what great luck

VulpesMundi
Nov 10, 2002, 09:40 PM
I've found five Elysion's so far. Four of them from Al Rappies. lol

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Nov 10, 2002, 10:01 PM
I did about 2 hours of TP trick for an Al Rappy. I got a Branch of Paku Paku! YAY! Oh wait, I'm a ranger...

$%#@

SilentBob
Nov 10, 2002, 11:06 PM
Hey whats the TP trick? I could use some good items. Ive had bad luck with everything. I had to spend like 8 hrs just to get a saber+6.

DirewolfX
Nov 11, 2002, 08:21 AM
Find a room where a bunch of rappies spawn, then telepipe up and down until one spawns as an Al Rappy. Kinda boring if you ask me.

SilentBob
Nov 11, 2002, 08:41 AM
Ok thanks Ill have to try that. Will that work in most of the areas (where regular rappys are spawned), such as the forest? Cuz im not very far into the game yet, im just trying to lvl up a little before i continue. Thx.

TeamPhalanx
Nov 11, 2002, 09:55 AM
Luckily, being a REDRIA, I get DISKA of BRAVEMAN from Al Rappies...

Tetzuro
Nov 11, 2002, 01:20 PM
will tp work in fake in yellow quest

avai
Nov 11, 2002, 04:56 PM
On 2002-11-11 10:20, Tetzuro wrote:
will tp work in fake in yellow quest

i believe it to be true

cbearfei
Nov 14, 2002, 03:01 PM
Wow, that actually works. I know it didn't in the DC version, at least whenever I tried. I'm going to have to try that.

Jeffrey
Nov 14, 2002, 04:59 PM
How does it work though? The rappys fall down... but then there there. Going up and down generates a different set? I thought it remembered everything. Does it remember monster HP?

RavenTW
Nov 14, 2002, 09:40 PM
No, you have to do it before you kill the monsters. Enter a room with a lot of rappies, don't attack, lay a pipe, go up, go back down, and hope that one comes back as an Al Rappy.

VulpesMundi
Nov 15, 2002, 01:26 AM
The telepipe (TP) trick itself involves using a telepipe or Ryuker spell to go up and down between Ragol and Pioneer 2. You can use the telepipe trick anywhere that you find critters that have a rare counterpart. The system remembers critter locations and HP. As long as the critter in question has maximum HP it will reset each time you leave and return to the area where it spawns (with a few exceptions). This means you could cast Jellen and Zalure on them and they will still reset (and won't have J/Z anymore when you return). If you have multiple players you all have to leave at the same time (no problem with multi-player offline) or the critters won't reset.

For rappies in episode I there's some really good rappy attack waves in the quest Fake in Yellow. Considering rooms that you fight in... The third room has a wave with 6 rappies. The fourth room has a wave with 8 rappies. And the fifth room has two separate waves with 7 rappies each - this is the best one to use the trick on because the rappies are set up in a row so they're all easy to see. Don't finish the quest unless you intend to clear ALL the quests. If you finish it, you cannot repeat this quest unless all the quests are cleared.

I'm still on the lookout for good rooms with Hildes, Lilies, and Slimes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2002-11-22 22:33 ]</font>

Jeffrey
Nov 15, 2002, 01:41 AM
I can confirm that it does, in fact, work in the Fake in Yellow quest. I found two Al Rappys. One screwd me with a dimate and the other yielded a ELYSION. I teared up and drooled at it.... my first, legit, über-rare in my PSO history.

*hugs ELYSION*
*severs arms and head in the process *

CorneliusPower
Nov 15, 2002, 06:39 AM
You guys rock! i'm actually in search of Elysion and Rappy Wing. I'm gonna do that trick for hours, lol! Thanks to all your info guys, you roXorZ!

Jeffrey
Nov 15, 2002, 01:33 PM
Shortly after, I found a Rappy Wing by accident. (from a yellow rappy) Is it real good? What is it exactly? I have to go on some taxidermy quest to get the thing as I understand it.......... does it matter what difficulty level I do it in?

ABDUR101
Nov 15, 2002, 03:43 PM
On 2002-11-15 10:33, Jeffrey wrote:
Shortly after, I found a Rappy Wing by accident. (from a yellow rappy) Is it real good? What is it exactly? I have to go on some taxidermy quest to get the thing as I understand it.......... does it matter what difficulty level I do it in?

Is it good? Yes, it's my main weapon in Episode 2 and for killing all the bosses.

What is it exactly? It turns into a Rappy Fan, which is a slicer type that has a special that can confuses your enemies.

No difficulty requirements, just find the correct quest with Dr. Montague that allows him to make it into a weapon for you. Which is explained here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=33747&forum=7&11). =)

KyOsHiRo
Nov 15, 2002, 03:59 PM
Does the TP trick work with "Ryuker"??

VulpesMundi
Nov 15, 2002, 05:10 PM
Yes, Ryuker is the same thing as a telepipe. Newmen have it really easy with Ryuker as they regenerate their TP. They can go for hours without using any fluids or visiting the hospital. lol