PDA

View Full Version : I need some help leveling.

Meesh
Nov 10, 2002, 08:29 PM
I just got PSO for the first time ever and its on gamecube, but i've seen screen shots of people who are 100 somethin and my highest guy is 19. i was wonderin if anyone could help give me tips on leveling. my 19 is the ranger android male and hes skyly. but now i made a RAmar so i can use techniques and hes level 4. if i need to give more info just say so. thx in advance.

ABDUR101
Nov 10, 2002, 09:04 PM
Stand back and use weapons that do nice damage and hit fairly often, even if it's only to one enemy at a time.

The sooner you kill them, the less chance they'll have to cause damage to you.

(A shotgun might hit all of them in your spread of fire, but it doesn't do as much damage, it's slower to fire, and leaves you open for attacks unless your ATA and ATP is decent)

Stick with rifles for abit, then slowly move onto other weapons.

Pick up all the stuff you don't want and can't use yet and save it for later, sell what you don't want and put the money in the bank before you leave back to Ragol.

Early on, only use monomates and monofluids to refill HP and TP, since they practically fill it completely at such a low lvl.

Know when to dodge and run, but feel free to take chances.

Put a telepipe outside the boss chambers, that way if you die but want to try it again, all you have to do is go into the portal and you're there.

Meesh
Nov 10, 2002, 09:10 PM
ive been doing most of that except the newest gun ive seen is a mech gun which i use and do good damage. i rarely ever get hit so i give most everything i can to my mag which is 52(he was passed down from another guy). but i seem to be leveling really slow.

ABDUR101
Nov 10, 2002, 09:18 PM
Make sure you enter every room and kill every monster in an area.

PSO on the GC is actually faster to lvl up than on the DC version. How many hours do you have in the game so far?

An example would be, right now I've been playing the game for 61 hours and 14 minutes total, and I'm lvl 44. Some people just play hard though. I shoot through the areas and gain experience by knowing the routes by heart(comes from playing it so much on the DC), that way I don't waste time.

It boils down to how many enemies you are facing, if you're slow about it, it will seem like you're going slow.

At lvl 19 you should be atleast in the Mines on Normal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-11-10 18:23 ]</font>

Meesh
Nov 10, 2002, 09:29 PM
i know, i was going too but i couldnt the first few times when i was lv 13 yesterday, and my friend came over and we leveled like crazy. i just never got around to it. but so u think i should go with my android or get my RAmar up higher?

Klakalou
Nov 10, 2002, 09:49 PM
my hucast is lvl 84, my hunewearl is lvl 43, my fomarl is lvl 15. it lvl so quick because i have exp with the dc version. it just takes a know how of the game, u will get the hang of it in no time.

Scan_Man
Nov 11, 2002, 01:25 AM
In dreamcast the best place to level up was to do the quest Lost Heat Sword over and over. However in gamecube the best place is offline mines. Find a weapon that hits multiple enemies, and does a lot of damage.

Meesh
Nov 11, 2002, 04:31 PM
yea, thx for all ur help, now im level 22 and in the ruins, im usin a shot and a lockgun +2 for single enemies, and yes, mines give tons of exp, ruins doesnt really for some reason tho...