PDA

View Full Version : Done with PSO

Dangerous55
Nov 10, 2002, 09:02 PM
Meh, this has been a huge disappointment. Its laggy, already got FSOD'd twice, I never find anything, and Episode 2 is crummy, first 2 levels suck badly, and the stuff after it is crappy. This is all my opinion, and nobody prolly cares, but what the hell, just venting. :/

VulpesMundi
Nov 10, 2002, 09:51 PM
I personally find this to be the best version of PSO to date. I find plenty of goodies, think the new stages are an interesting touch, and love the multi-player split-screen. My only complaints are the lack of a domestic keyboard and that they could have increased the visibility range in single-player mode with the suped-up Gamecube graphics engine.

Etrigan
Nov 10, 2002, 10:19 PM
Okay. Bye.

diospadre
Nov 10, 2002, 10:36 PM
i call your bluff

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Nov 10, 2002, 10:46 PM
~~...Noth-ing's go-ing to last forevvverrrr~~
Would you have stayed if cheating was more available?

Shrevn
Nov 10, 2002, 11:31 PM
Hey d i know what you mean bro... and most of all its like most of the rares u ahve.... are like freebies ived given u so its like you have nothing u can be really proud of... lmao my bad i kno i aint helpin... but i do agree with you do... PSO has been really bad this bba disconnect problem its bad too at least you just lag i get disconnected and lose all my unequipped weapons and you know damn well how many times i get disconnected lmao its like every 40 mins or so... it sucks... and NO kb makes it worse... but what really makes it even worse that SEGA its not even working on this http://www.sega.com/pso-gnc i believe thats the exact link. There are HUNDREDS of people with the same problem and what did they say? "Use a official NINTENDO memory card" like who actually buys those $10 mems when the original its only $15.... Mostly everybody has the original so now they dont even reply back to answer our problems because they spect us to pay and yet not complain about their weak/shitty/garbage servers. This really sounds like a rant but its true and i know alot of you can really agree with me on this. Anywho D man dont quit bro i got u some repeaters man!!! so hang in there bro

_Murphy_Lee_

ginko990
Nov 10, 2002, 11:41 PM
Ooooooo wobba I didnt know you were murphy_lee, sup.

The lag can be there at some times, but its all still good, Im going good on the rare findings, Just today I found a PROTA REGEN GEAR shield, tre shway. And while I absolutley hate temple and spaceship, the central place is so coool. The faciltiy is kinda cramped, but Id be just as happy with forest, caves, mines, and ruins, still good stuff http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Maybe you hate the game because your a RAmar, I dont see how anyone could be having fun with a RAmar http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ReikenFeralsbane
Nov 11, 2002, 03:38 AM
I guess some people just aren't as dedicated to PSO as most. Though my only complaint is that the xbox version is getting major hype: voice chat, improved visuals/sound, new character class. It's not fair. I own an x box but i realy don't feel like starting all over again for the 3rd time. If the new character class is HUnewm then i might be persuaded to get it, since its closer to what Reiken realy looks like. (humars= ooglay)
If it's realy that much better ill waste more life and money and pick it up. also the fact that Sega REALy should have added more character creation stuff. WTF do androids have NO new heads to choose from? HUmars get 3 new hairstyles wich im grateful for, but theyre still not what i realy wanted. Sure theres tons of new outfits, but i found myself sticking to the secret grey costume from version 1.
i hope SEGA realy gets on the ball if they make a PSO 2. if not i'll be on True Fantasy Online for the x box.

OmegaofTime
Nov 11, 2002, 03:50 AM
Try turning UDP to ON instead of AUTO.
This fixed a lot of the problems I was getting. One of the problems I had was that I couldn't use the teleporter to fight Dark Falz. It would just stall and I'd be staring at the flashy teleport screen. Haven't had any problems since. Hope this helps.

On 2002-11-10 18:02, Dangerous55 wrote:
Meh, this has been a huge disappointment. Its laggy, already got FSOD'd twice, I never find anything, and Episode 2 is crummy, first 2 levels suck badly, and the stuff after it is crappy. This is all my opinion, and nobody prolly cares, but what the hell, just venting. :/

ginko990
Nov 11, 2002, 09:46 AM
What and where is the UDP?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 11, 2002, 02:51 PM
On 2002-11-11 06:46, ginko990 wrote:
What and where is the UDP?

"Network Option" in "Option" menu from the title screen.
In the manual it says:
Note:Unless you have difficulties connecting to the network or your isp has advised you not to accept UDP packets, it is suggested that you do not modify this setting.
Copyright 2002 Sega/Sonic Team

So apparently it can help with the lag and disconnects. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dangerous55
Nov 11, 2002, 03:08 PM
On 2002-11-10 19:46, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
~~...Noth-ing's go-ing to last forevvverrrr~~
Would you have stayed if cheating was more available?

Hah, knew that was coming from somewhere. I never cheated, never owned a cheat device, didnt even transfer my character with the import ver2 cheat.

Well its going to last forever because I am selling my GC.

Dedicated? Oh I was dedicated with ver1 and 2, comparable to anyone here. EpI and II just doesnt cut it for me, the lag is unacceptable. Also, its just plain old boring know, don't know why, now it just is.

Noco-Esmaj
Nov 11, 2002, 03:22 PM
55. What kind of connection do you have. I'm running Earthlink DSL through a router and it runs flawlessly. And the new levels are tight by the way. I'm a Ramar and I have to say in PsO Version One I had the curse of Sirch. Which is to say I found nothing but Crap. I'm have pretty close to the same luck this time only slightly better.
Besides, should you really be playing only for items?

Zexmaix
Nov 11, 2002, 03:39 PM
LOL! Dangerous, blame YOUR ISP not the game's server you FOOL! I have been online with PSO Episode 1 & 2 for the past week and I have yet to witness any lag worse then say a 250 ping. Half the time idiots like yourself jump the gun and decide to blame the game for their lag, when it's actually probably your crap ass ISP.

Oh what's the matter? Mommy not gonna pay the $8.95 a month for you? Too BAD!

jazzerb25
Nov 11, 2002, 04:27 PM
...dangergous....I know someone who wants that game REALLY bad....wanna give it to em!?

StormShadow11
Nov 11, 2002, 06:45 PM
And with your demise also comes mine, my only reason for gettin gc pso was to play with ol' rick and relive the good ol days. Now that he is selling, i'm not gonna bother buying a gc, im still like 200 bucks short, so i'll save some money and invest in something new.
I'll regret the fact that i never got gc pso, but maybe in the future ill get something new...

Dangerous55
Nov 11, 2002, 06:46 PM
On 2002-11-11 12:39, Zexmaix wrote:
LOL! Dangerous, blame YOUR ISP not the game's server you FOOL! I have been online with PSO Episode 1 & 2 for the past week and I have yet to witness any lag worse then say a 250 ping. Half the time idiots like yourself jump the gun and decide to blame the game for their lag, when it's actually probably your crap ass ISP.

Oh what's the matter? Mommy not gonna pay the $8.95 a month for you? Too BAD!

I used the same ISP for ver1 and 2, no lag.

Yes, my "mommy" wont pay 9 bucks even though I payed all the cash for the game, system, accessories, guess I didnt have enough for the monthly, even though I get paid weekly. Oh yea, this is sarcasm.

Im not giving the game to anyone, I am on 56k, 56k worked perfectly with ver1 and 2. Should work for this.

Shrevn
Nov 11, 2002, 10:17 PM
zexmaix or whatever this aint gamefaqs dude if you wana flame a noob *cough* like youself please head on that way btw heres the link. http://www.Gamefaqs.com
Have fun!

Now, dude itll be a shame if you bounce outa pso but what can i say ived been bitchin myself... with this damn disconnect problem sega doesnt seem to give a rats ass so if by the 30th when my HL dies out this problem aint fixed... its adioz pso for gcube and im selling this junk. The only and ONLY reason i picked up another gamecube its because of pso if you go back and read some old posts i flamed this lil purple box so bad aint even funny... its not worth having if sega isnt going to fix it... im not sure about lag do. If xbox really has good plans for pso then i might jump the bandwagon and get me one soon enough until then... PSO Cube its here... at least till the 30th >.<;;

Zexmaix
Nov 11, 2002, 11:17 PM
LOL! Look at your friend Dangerous Wobba. Doesn't his little whiny bitchy attitude about it lagging for him make him seem like a little gamefaqs troll. It's really pathetic that he is just giving up on such a great game because his 56k ISP BLOWS ASS! Hahahaha.

ABDUR101
Nov 11, 2002, 11:46 PM
No flaming. If he has problems with his ISP, thats just how it is. Some people's ISP's aren't good for gaming, but you can't really blame the person for using the ISP. They just have to deal with it until they get a new ISP or otherwise.

Dangerous55
Nov 12, 2002, 03:16 PM
On 2002-11-11 20:17, Zexmaix wrote:
LOL! Look at your friend Dangerous Wobba. Doesn't his little whiny bitchy attitude about it lagging for him make him seem like a little gamefaqs troll. It's really pathetic that he is just giving up on such a great game because his 56k ISP BLOWS ASS! Hahahaha.

Obviously you did not read what I wrote, I used the same ISP for ver1 and 2. There was no lag, hence, it cannot be the ISP.

Agent_Reav
Nov 12, 2002, 03:39 PM
Yes PSO GC is a horrible mess of a game... Time to move on to bigger and better things until PSO Xbox comes out. Metroid Prime anyone?

BrokenHope
Nov 12, 2002, 03:47 PM
On 2002-11-12 12:16, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2002-11-11 20:17, Zexmaix wrote:

Obviously you did not read what I wrote, I used the same ISP for ver1 and 2. There was no lag, hence, it cannot be the ISP.

Heh i play both the jp and the US gamecube versions from the uk and barely get any lag, if you're lagging from the US then it would be your isp not the servers.

MaJin
Nov 12, 2002, 10:10 PM
On 2002-11-11 00:50, OmegaofTime wrote:
Try turning UDP to ON instead of AUTO.
This fixed a lot of the problems I was getting. One of the problems I had was that I couldn't use the teleporter to fight Dark Falz. It would just stall and I'd be staring at the flashy teleport screen. Haven't had any problems since. Hope this helps.

Thx for telling me this, ever seen i turn it ON i stop getting disconnect/fsod.