PDA

View Full Version : Antares08??

Musashi
Nov 10, 2002, 09:39 PM
Why is it that everytime I go there, there is no one there(cept for like 3 ppl), does anyone actually go there from PSOW?? If you do reply.

ABDUR101
Nov 10, 2002, 09:53 PM
I'll be going there soon enough. Give it some time and people will start going there. If you go there, stay there and get in on your own game until others join, never know when you might leave and others may join, right?

Etrigan
Nov 10, 2002, 10:18 PM
Because the actual is Block 06? O.o

ABDUR101
Nov 10, 2002, 10:26 PM
On 2002-11-10 19:18, Etrigan wrote:
Because the actual is Block 06? O.o

...you sir...are correct! =)

I'll be there...sooner or later o_O

*wonders how he did'nt notice the 8 instead of the 6*

Etrigan
Nov 10, 2002, 10:51 PM
Yeah, there's not a lot of people there. But there's usually enough to join a game in any of the difficulties.

And all you bums offline, hurry up and start playing with us. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rhete
Nov 10, 2002, 10:52 PM
Or maybe it has to do with the fact that the admins took way too long to come up with a block, which could take like 2 seconds, and in the week people already started playing on blocks which are now their homebase. Oh, and chaning the official psow block constantly doesnt help either. I've heard three of them already

ABDUR101
Nov 10, 2002, 11:06 PM
On 2002-11-10 19:52, Rhete wrote:
Or maybe it has to do with the fact that the admins took way too long to come up with a block, which could take like 2 seconds, and in the week people already started playing on blocks which are now their homebase.

No, we put a poll up, which allowed the users to vote on the official block that they'd call home. Anyone can say "Your block will be blah-blah on ship blah-blah", but we let the community decide.

Oh, and chaning the official psow block constantly doesnt help either. I've heard three of them already

Yeah, so we accidently had some other site's blocks in our choices, darn. Atleast we corrected ourselves.

Antares 6, hope to see some people on =D

Rhete
Nov 10, 2002, 11:21 PM
On 2002-11-10 20:06, ABDUR101 wrote:
No, we put a poll up, which allowed the users to vote on the official block that they'd call home. Anyone can say "Your block will be blah-blah on ship blah-blah", but we let the community decide.

http://www.pso-world.com/pollBooth.php?op=results&pollID=34&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

1. Theres no official block in the poll. Just a list of ships

2. Even if you had to change the number, why isn't the block still on Deneb?

DarthWufei
Nov 10, 2002, 11:34 PM
Does it really matter? =/

ABDUR101
Nov 10, 2002, 11:46 PM
On 2002-11-10 20:21, Rhete wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/pollBooth.php?op=results&pollID=34&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

1. Theres no official block in the poll. Just a list of ships

2. Even if you had to change the number, why isn't the block still on Deneb?

The block could'nt be decided by a single poll, we wanted to choose a ship first I beleive and go from there.

And the ship was most likely changed for a reason, you're asking the wrong person, since that wasn't my area. But I'd beleive there to be a reason for changing the ship.

oh, look, here might be a good reason.

As taken from the comments on the poll you linked to.

Re: New ship to use for the official PSOW meeting block. (Score: 1)
by AynRand on Friday, November 01 @ 03:52:01 PST

Antares is my vote as ragol.com are having their block their. Now in gc the importers block is rigel 7, and thats mamaks, ragol.com and omegahours all in one. i suggest a psow staff rep gets in ouch with these sites adn work together to get one major gaming site block. alot of people are members of all the boards or 1 or 2 and its good to have the block fuller trather than emptier

Since most of the other PSO playing sites are on Antares, would'nt it make sense to stay atleast on the same ship so it won't be as confusing? We all have blocks on the same ship, and it's alot easier to remember that than to have to remember specific ships and blocks.

Sure, if we had known that sooner we'd of prolly let everyone know, but after we found out it made the most sense.

So picky rhete, be happy man, be happy and play the game. =)

Besides, everyone's going to be jumping around anyways, so whats the big deal? We don't expect everyone to solely play on the PSOW ship and block, it's just there if you want to hop on and maybe play with someone from here.

Musashi
Nov 11, 2002, 12:13 AM
Wait, I'm confused now, on the Home page isn't there news that says the PSOW Ship and block is Antares08? I've seen it as 06 too but the most recent news says 08, look, i dunno maybe I'm wrong.

ginko990
Nov 11, 2002, 12:14 AM
Um, Ive been playing on a different block not even mentioned yet with a bunch of people from PSOW, maybe they all started to go to this new block today but, altair 6 has been the place.

LollipopLolita
Nov 11, 2002, 12:16 AM
we're on right now on antares 8

ginko990
Nov 11, 2002, 01:09 AM
Okedok, Ill start hanging in Antares 8!!

Etrigan
Nov 11, 2002, 01:17 AM
Actually I misread the topic title too, I thought it said Altair08. Sorry Abdur. >.<

Altair 06 is where I've seen the most PSOW'ers. It's now Antares 08?

Rhete
Nov 11, 2002, 01:44 AM

PSOW, meet your mods

LollipopLolita
Nov 11, 2002, 01:53 AM
what's with you rhete? no need to be like that about it. people misread things. people can't make a mistake? that's such an overused statement. and yes we changed ships and blocks because the first chosen ones were taken by someone else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2002-11-10 22:56 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Nov 11, 2002, 02:21 AM
On 2002-11-10 22:44, Rhete wrote:
PSOW, meet your mods

*begins shaking people's hands at random*

They've already met us..where were you over a month ago when we were brought on as mods?

Woopy woo, I misread something..lets all castrate me with hot iron! =D

First poke is free.

Either way, I hope to see people on Antares 8. I'll be the guy standing alone, spacing out in the lobby while everyone else gets into games. *See you there!

*When I get online this week or so.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Nov 11, 2002, 03:27 AM
I've been rallying people over here in antares 8... been doing HS and challenge all day :3

Cube
Nov 11, 2002, 08:37 AM
Eh..

The mods did take way too long to find a ship... let alone a block lol.

It should have been chosen within the first 3 days of launch but... that would be too logical hehe.

More people are actually on Altair 6, then Antares 8, or 6.. or whatever "our" site has chosen... I dono, I go to all of them.. or at least the one with the most people... But to tell you the truth, Im usually just on Vega the most like most of everyone else.

Etrigan
Nov 11, 2002, 09:38 AM
On 2002-11-10 22:44, Rhete wrote:

PSOW, meet your mods

It was my mistake, not Abdur's.