PDA

View Full Version : Which version better?

BlueKnight
Oct 16, 2006, 02:24 PM
I would like to know which PSO is better?
I would like to know the deferent's between them all to?

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Oct 16, 2006, 03:58 PM
I like Pso vers 2/Pso Pc and Pso Ep 1&2 GC. I like episode 2, but the Dreamcast/Pc effects were better. Noticeable fog effects, Bomb Traps flash and spin, Lilies flash, common Special Weapons pre identified, fixed chests drop rares, Able to buy a rare weapon at the Shop, as well as Scape Dolls and some other stuff I forgot. On the other hand, Ultimate was quite hard. Had to have super weapons to do any damage(especialy Ruins), Scape Dolls only restored 1 HP, and Ultimate was unfair to Forces, even offline. Still, it was a challenge, and rewarding.

Edit: The Dreamcast/Pc also had these.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/Aisha_Clan_Clan_Prower/Pso%20Textures/soul_df_right_trans.gif

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/Aisha_Clan_Clan_Prower/Pso%20Textures/soul_df_left_trans.gif

At least they kept the Soul Floor
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/Aisha_Clan_Clan_Prower/Pso%20Textures/Pso_Soul_Floor.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aisha_Clan-Clan on 2006-10-16 14:08 ]</font>

BlueKnight
Oct 16, 2006, 04:12 PM
I remember that on dreamcast those were cool.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Oct 16, 2006, 04:20 PM
Don't know why they removed them. The pvm is only 73.9 KB. Not much at all. How Sonicteam got space for the new stuff was to get rid of the object and scene mirror files.

DC_PLAYER
Oct 16, 2006, 04:27 PM
rares woth money on ver.2
% afect your hole atp
% go from-60% to 60%
humars for example have grants/megid shifta and deband
ati on ver.2 is up to lvl 15

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Oct 16, 2006, 04:54 PM
Ha! knew I forgot some other importent stuff(Haven't played Dc version for quite some time), also, negative percents were very common.

DC_PLAYER
Oct 16, 2006, 05:01 PM
...not realy my best rares have actulay good %.
and good % means insane atack power........
sometimes i wish that you all (noobs and experts) feel ver.2 ultimate mode.....it is a great difficulty to improve the "skill"

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Oct 16, 2006, 05:07 PM
I have been offline only since Vers 2. It is more challenging offline. I sometimes play Vers 2. Pso Pc is much harder, well, without a controler. Gonna be some time till I can play it though. Sometimes play the demo at college.

Drayma
Oct 16, 2006, 09:49 PM
I like the xbox version because of progressive scan and the S-controller and the Dolby Digital was pretty decent. My GC didn't have progressive scan and I didn't like the controller. The Dreamcast didn't have split screen and DCs really shouldn't be played for long periods of time. Thats what Peter Moore said, not just me saying it.

Mewone
Oct 17, 2006, 01:28 AM
Does anyone know if those faces are some sort of Easter Eggs making reference to real people?

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Oct 17, 2006, 02:12 AM
Not sure, but other games have the developers as Easter Eggs, so it's not too far off.

DC_PLAYER
Oct 17, 2006, 04:29 PM
there is a faq teling the diferences bettween ver.2 and gc....
for example god units are way more common, my mistake on lvl 15 anti...it is lvl 30 (for real)
gran sorcerer casts grants and razonde, hildetorr cast grants.......

PooChunks
Oct 20, 2006, 01:29 AM
Personally I'd have to go with Version 2 being my top favorite, because it's how I first got into PSO. Also because of the MASSIVE leap in difficulty between Very Hard Ruins and Ultimate Forest. I mean seriously, My lv.85 Humar was doing 30-100 damage tops in Ult Forest, compared to 200-400 in V.Hard Ruins. It certainly helped balance out the grants/megid wielding Humars a bit...

RubyEclipse
Oct 20, 2006, 04:18 AM
I've enjoyed all the versions I've played (DC v1/2/GC/PSOBB), but PSOBB takes the cake for the favorite. Episode IV, hacker bannage, no loss of items in FSOD, no char corrupt, and the team system were the major deciding factors.

While it was fun to play with a larger community on Gamecube, PSOBB still had quite enough people to be enjoyable.

DC_PLAYER
Oct 20, 2006, 09:04 AM
pso ver.2 rulez.......
many of you should try it just once to increase the skill. if you do not increase the skill the you will find ver.2 boring for sure

BlueKnight
Oct 20, 2006, 09:11 AM
I like pso eps 2 for X box it is cool.

Saigan
Oct 20, 2006, 09:27 AM
Despite my console of choice being gamecube the game is best on BB; more quests, items, monsters, areas, etc...