PDA

View Full Version : Damn you Olga Flow! Damn you!

googles
Nov 11, 2002, 12:15 AM
grrr. Im lvl 46 and STILL cant beat olga flow on NORMAL!! One of his attacks kills me in 1 hit on the 2nd form. I cant imagine how the guy is on ult. Can anyone give me any tips? I got 4 scapedolls but im afraid il waist them and die anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Parn
Nov 11, 2002, 12:23 AM
Simple. You don't stand under him when he charges up for the blast. It's as easy to dodge the blast as it is to dodge a booma... all you have to do is run away, the range of the blast is limited to directly under him in normal.

If you can't learn to dodge that attack, you will never beat Olga Flow, regardless of your character's level. Period.

Rhete
Nov 11, 2002, 01:21 AM
I really don't understand what is so hard to figure out about dodging that attack, not to mention I've seen Parn explain it about three times.

First time I fought Olga flow, was me (Force), a hunter and two rangers. When he did that attack, me and the hunter died. The rangers were on the edge of the arena sniping him, so they didnt die. We got revived, and the battle continued.

He did the attack again later, and I ran behind olga thinking I'd be safe. Well, I wasn't and I died. The rangers on the edge of the arena still didnt die. And thus, I figured out the attack. Too bad the rangers were out of moons and we lost the battle -_-

Etrigan
Nov 11, 2002, 01:39 AM
Ninja RAmars never die.

ReikenFeralsbane
Nov 11, 2002, 01:41 AM
ya but theres a key factor that no one has mentioned that i figured out.Me and my friend both lv 80 came damn close to dominating Olga on Vhard. if only it werent for those damn claws. Yes the claws, if they are near you, the attack will kill you. i have proven it. so its recomended that the claws be killed, or just have the chase 1 person.

Parn
Nov 11, 2002, 02:47 AM
The gaels contribute power to Olga's Heaven's Punishment attack, and they extend the attack's range. However, the extended range area damage is considerably weaker than the damage you'll get from the area directly under Olga, so there is a chance you will survive if you have enough HP. You have the right idea though, in taking out the gaels. If you notice, the gaels start moving erratically when Olga is charging up... they're acting like a lightning rod in a sense, so if you can cripple them if they're trailing you before Olga fires the blast, you won't be hit.

Mechguns are a pretty good choice during the fight. You can take out gaels fairly fast, and you can keep enough distance so that when you hear Olga making that same cry he always does just before he launches the blast, you can back off in time. Anything BUT melee will work great... melee on Olga is as foolish as it is with the griffon. Just as the griffon tends to kill you in close quarters with its shockwave, the same ruleset applies to Olga Flow.