PDA

View Full Version : Are you a cheater/hacker

Gira
Oct 17, 2006, 03:23 AM
I'm just curious that how many people admit that they use cheats, bugs, glitches etc.

Saigan
Oct 17, 2006, 12:57 PM
Why? So those that do can get flamed to high hell? Lol- I'm not saying YOU will. But I certainly can tell you this will turn into a flame war and eventually be locked.

Gira
Oct 17, 2006, 01:15 PM
Eh.. didnt think that far away

KojiroAK
Oct 17, 2006, 02:02 PM
Well to be honest i tried some AR codes with a special builded Character, specially cause i wanted to know if they work (they didn't) also to get a "Play some minutes god-character".
You know, like going to DF hit him ones, df get killed, you laugh, forgot the character.

At my hard worked characters i would never use cheats, for me it would be like i betray them or they wouldn't be a virtualpart of me anymore, what they become if you spend lots of hours with them, be happy if you find rares you like, be angry if you get killed. ( i know, weirdo)

At other games i use AR when i finished them to get some other funny minutes with them.
or it was low price games, that was never mentioned to realy concern with them, to only have some funny minutes with them.
(for example Turok:Evolutions i started with cheats from the beggining since turok does make for me only fun if you get all the weapons and unlimited ammo.)

But Games like Conflict Dessert Storm (1 & 2) makes only fun if you have to look at your ammo and to look where to walk to not get killed, with cheats they just borring.

I hope that this Thread not getting a flame war, since i think it's interesting to hear why people do/don't cheat or where they cheated. (maybe some funny cheat vids).

But one i have to say: on VS/PVP online Games cheats are one of the most annoying things.

Rekitheforce
Oct 17, 2006, 06:32 PM
On 2006-10-17 10:57, Saigan wrote:
Why? So those that do can get flamed to high hell? Lol- I'm not saying YOU will. But I certainly can tell you this will turn into a flame war and eventually be locked.

That is exactly what this will end up as unless we keep it flame free. So, how about no flaming in this topic, because it'll just get locked up (rendering our arguments useless.)

echo2
Oct 17, 2006, 08:25 PM
here here

xxTrystanxx
Oct 17, 2006, 09:13 PM
I have to say that I've never cheated, nor will I ever. Well, OK, I DID cheat once, AND ONLY ONCE, lol... I used the money cheat in The Sims. But I only did it once, and that was after having played the game for a long time. I've never owned a cheating device for any game system, and well, some of these cheat methods are really really complicated, and I'd rather just spend my time playing the game than trying to figure out a cheat. Does it really make sense to spend more time figuring out something that's supposed to save you time?

When it comes to PSO, I guess I just think it's too easy of a game when played legitly to be worth cheating. Cheating totally ruins the gameplay. Online, I prefer not to play with cheaters, but sometimes you just can't help it, since PSO doesn't give us the option to boot players from our parties. But as long as they aren't total jerks and don't let me at least get a hit on the enemy before annihilating them, I'm alright. That doesn't mean I won't try to enlighten them of the virtues of playing legit, however.

LeonFlowenX
Oct 17, 2006, 09:21 PM
Post count +1.

(Btw, how does one go about voting on more than one of the poll choices? -Not stating which are true in my case... Better question is... if someone has the ability to do a variety of hacks, then how would they vote for that option?

DikkyRay
Oct 18, 2006, 07:33 PM
still don't understand why people need to know if others cheat...
If you yourself choose not to cheat, then don't cheat. Don't dislike other people if they do cheat, thats their problem.
Unless its fsod/corruption. Thats just messed up

Corey
Oct 19, 2006, 11:38 AM
i <3 2 fsod u

(yep cheat on SEGA PSO...no where else though...)

Sevenfold
Oct 19, 2006, 06:29 PM
Ill never cheat in any online game, it ruins it, no matter how you look it. I can only pray that one day, some MMO or online RPG (whatever you want to call it ) has the most bad @ss security system on the planet, and cheaters fail in every aspect. To me, THATS the perfect online game. *dreams*

DikkyRay
Oct 19, 2006, 06:45 PM
keep dreamin... i give psu two years

Konstanse_Xx
Oct 20, 2006, 10:41 AM
I voted the AR one. >_> I have legit ones when I played, but my first will always be non-legit, it's just how I go, and I didn't FSOD or none of that, that's just dumb, not to say I wasnt tempted, but meh I never put any effort into that, I mean nothing real to gain from ocrrupting other peoples data now was there? O_o

Rekitheforce
Oct 21, 2006, 12:06 PM
On 2006-10-20 08:41, Konstanse_Xx wrote:
I voted the AR one. >_> I have legit ones when I played, but my first will always be non-legit, it's just how I go, and I didn't FSOD or none of that, that's just dumb, not to say I wasnt tempted, but meh I never put any effort into that, I mean nothing real to gain from ocrrupting other peoples data now was there? O_o

See? Now that's okay, but FSOD/corruption is bad. At least someone can actually come out and say that they do stuff like this. Yay to you, Konstance.

lucein
Oct 21, 2006, 02:03 PM
I have a question what is FSOD?
i have duped once and my friend gave me a hacked mag when i first started and i didnt know that is about it.

lucein
Oct 21, 2006, 02:07 PM
the name of the mag was chu chu

Wash
Oct 21, 2006, 07:42 PM
I haven't ever duped/cheated and don't plan to. I have accepted stuff that I came to find out was hacked and got annoyed, so I just don't take stuff from people anymore. It's getting ridiculous.

KojiroAK
Oct 21, 2006, 08:13 PM
@lucein

FSOD means Freezing Screen of Death.
At this you loose all your Unequipd items in your inventory.

So it's realy a bad thing.

Rekitheforce
Oct 21, 2006, 09:54 PM
On 2006-10-21 12:03, lucein wrote:
i have duped once and my friend gave me a hacked mag when i first started and i didnt know that is about it.

FSOD is " frozen screen of doom/death". If it happens to you, then you lose all of your equipped stuff at the moment. So considering how people usually have their best stuff equipped... (you get the idea). Btw if you have your hacked mag with a level above 200, then rare drops will become disabled until you deposit it or drop it and quit the game.

LeonFlowenX
Oct 22, 2006, 01:44 PM

FSOD = Frozen screen of death.
Its when your game freezes and you lose all un-equipped items and meseta. However, this is only true if you are online and have made/joined a game.
If you go online, stay in the lobby and get FSOD, you will not lose anything.

SFSOD = Silent FSOD. Same thing except the music keeps playing or no music at all instead of the BUUUUZ noise FSOD makes.

If you get FSOD while saving, your PSO data gets corrupted meaning you have to delete it all and start back over from scratch. This is called "Corruption" or simply "FSODX". On PSODC/PSOPC, this was known as CK (Character Kill) or VK (VMU Kill).

LSOD is FSOD while loading, and BSOD is FSOD while your screen is black (BSOD on a PC is when your screen gets a blue-screened error if you ever get told someone BSOD'ed while on their PC... this happens on Windows Operating Systems but that gets off-topic...)
And then theres RSOD... but that only happens on PSODC/PSOPC... it means resetting screen of death... its basically when your system gets reset because of a hack but it can't happen on PSOGC/PSOX/PSOBB... well, I guess it could but you know...

Ah, what the hell...
While im at it...

PK = Player Kill. When someone kills your character while you are on Pioneer 2 or outside of battle mode. On PSODC/PSOPC, this can happen while you are in the lobby.

Reload = When your character gets reloaded into the lobby or game. This causes your game to save and has the effects of FSOD without the freezing process.

Disconnection/Lag/Ban = Disconnecting from the online game, being lagged either by flooding of packets or network related problems, and being banned from (one or more) of the online servers.

About the dupes and the mag...

Dupes won't effect rare drop rates, but any mag over level 200 will... even if its 201. I THINK mags with photon blasts like Megid and Grants also effect drop rates... not 100% sure.
You probably already know this, but just in case...

Edit: Oops... sorry for the slow reply...
Took the time to type it out and etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeonFlowenX on 2006-10-22 11:48 ]</font>

ethanhawkeye
Oct 22, 2006, 05:08 PM
On 2006-10-22 11:44, LeonFlowenX wrote:

Its when your game freezes and you lose all un-equipped items and meseta. However, this is only true if you are online and have made/joined a game.

SFSOD = Silent FSOD. Same thing except the music keeps playing or no music at all instead of the BUUUUZ noise FSOD makes.

If you get FSOD while saving, your PSO data gets corrupted meaning you have to delete it all and start back over from scratch. This is called "Corruption" or simply "FSODX". On PSODC/PSOPC, this was known as CK (Character Kill) or VK (VMU Kill).

LSOD is FSOD while loading, and BSOD is FSOD while your screen is black (BSOD on a PC is when your screen gets a blue-screened error if you ever get told someone BSOD'ed while on their PC... this happens on Windows Operating Systems but that gets off-topic...)
And then theres RSOD... but that only happens on PSODC/PSOPC... it means resetting screen of death... its basically when your system gets reset because of a hack but it can't happen on PSOGC/PSOX/PSOBB... well, I guess it could but you know...

Ah, what the hell...
While im at it...

PK = Player Kill. When someone kills your character while you are on Pioneer 2 or outside of battle mode. On PSODC/PSOPC, this can happen while you are in the lobby.

Reload = When your character gets reloaded into the lobby or game. This causes your game to save and has the effects of FSOD without the freezing process.

Disconnection/Lag/Ban = Disconnecting from the online game, being lagged either by flooding of packets or network related problems, and being banned from (one or more) of the online servers.

Dupes won't effect rare drop rates, but any mag over level 200 will... even if its 201. I THINK mags with photon blasts like Megid and Grants also effect drop rates... not 100% sure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeonFlowenX on 2006-10-22 11:48 ]</font>

What is it called when someone erases your character? Someone they they haxed me b4 and erased my character on dreamcast, idk how.

whiteninja
Oct 22, 2006, 07:56 PM
I made an illegit Hucast with "reasonable" equipment (stuff I have already, or could easily get), in order to play the illegit quests on S*******'s server. I see no reason why I should ever play them with my legitimate characters, if I want to play them at all. (I made this Hucast when a super-hyped quest was released, though I found it to be a disappointment. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif )

On my 11 legitimate characters... I backup dupe, and I telepipe rare enemies. a hakr is me 8D

LeonFlowenX
Oct 22, 2006, 08:57 PM
On 2006-10-22 15:08, ethanhawkeye wrote:

On 2006-10-22 11:44, LeonFlowenX wrote:

Ah, what the hell...
While im at it...

What is it called when someone erases your character? Someone they they haxed me b4 and erased my character on dreamcast, idk how.

Character Kill (CK).

Edit: Oh, and yea... thats possible to do... the ways to do it are public.
It can be done with a Code Breaker (don't ask for codes here though... especially harmful ones @_@)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeonFlowenX on 2006-10-22 19:00 ]</font>

Gira
Oct 23, 2006, 09:56 AM
FSOD = Frozen Screen Of Death
If you mess with the duping you'll hear a long beep that wont disappear until you restart or turn the console off. Same goes with artificial FSOD through hacking(?). There may be others, but those are the most common ones.

Tweengo
Oct 27, 2006, 09:56 AM
I dupe most of my stuff and give it to my characters across memory cards in case a corruption happens or the power goes off while saving. That's the only time I use it.

RussInDaHill
Nov 21, 2006, 12:40 AM
I used to pk, fsod, ck,bank rob, and NOL....hmm....what else....Dupe, soul drop, walk through walls, ...lag pipe.....Im sure therew was more

Nidramag
Nov 21, 2006, 06:06 PM
yeah...I used to be an ignorant idiot, and I item-stacked. then I started to notice 50 runs in the forest on ultimatewas finding nothing. so I quit item stacking and came here, and now i'm poor, but finding rares! even though it was hard to start conserving fluids...

Lovejuice
Nov 22, 2006, 11:55 PM
Er.. I do quite a bit of 'hacking' to reveal things in games, y'know, like discover what's hidden inside, locked away, or developer cuttings. I did this quite a bit with the Offline mode of JP PSU - and I've done it a ton with videogames over the years that I really enjoy, because I enjoy researching all there is to know about them and discovering lots of stuffs. And I'm a total packrat. This is all offline though. And it's not really the type of 'hacking' gossiped about in the general context of this forum.

I've no interest in hacking in an online game that I really like in order to be 'uber', generally because if I do, my interest in said game diminishes completely. Although, I am totally guilty of having characters on PSO that were entirely made of hacked everything, that co-existed alongside my legit ones once the game began to grow old, and signs of ST support really got thin - it was actually fun to play your legit folks, and then grab a bunch of friends and waste time on a bunch of hacked characters together in glitch city.

DonRoyale
Nov 24, 2006, 08:20 PM
I mess with the GC offline a bit...mostly to level and accumulate money...since the EXP cheat doesn't work...>>

Ikaru
Dec 7, 2006, 02:06 PM
Hacking.....I used to but i couldnt find Speical wepaons so i lost my chance of finding a Real Agito....Then i sold all the Hacked items and recreated the char now hes level 111 and i found a GodHand Speical weapons Galore now (This is not to try to make friend or sound like im important. Im just saying I think Hacking is not worth it....)

Arislan
Dec 7, 2006, 02:50 PM
Recreated a couple lost characters on PSO v2. Was one of the first to figure out the Card mod for Episode 3, before it was released (I sure as heck didn't release it either), but never brought that character online, and only used the cards to confirm effects (anyone that's played Episode 3 knows there were plenty of bad translations on the cards). Other than that, I tend not to cheat on games that I play at home.

At work is another matter. Debugs are there to be used.

Ikaru
Dec 11, 2006, 12:38 PM
Work? What do you do? i mean not to osund rude or nosey....I mean you dont hack at home but at work? (And im still Drooling to get PSO ep.3 sometime....)

Arislan
Dec 11, 2006, 02:34 PM
I work QA at a game publishing company. Part of my work is to figure out how to break things given what we can do with the code. So at work, I'm given free reign to do what I like, while I don't enjoy doing the same to games I'm playing for fun.

Legenden
Dec 11, 2006, 03:55 PM
I never cheat in Online games, it`s not fair and only ruins fun for everyone.
But I did cheat in PS 4 once to bring Alys back-- so consider me evil if you must:)

Ikaru
Dec 11, 2006, 04:57 PM
Nah no evil in that post...And Im still thinking that hacks and cheats arent worth the trouble......I hacked at level like 20 so i was a coward then now i stopped the crap and now! level 111 and have a really good mag =D

Konstanse_Xx
Dec 12, 2006, 05:26 PM
Cheating is a style of play...I used cheats on the server I played on as well as ST to recover item losses...Wanna know how I began on this 'path of darkness' (as so many people put it)? I got leveled down 160 levels...from a character that was just back to his old level after a corruption that killed my HUmar and HUnewearl...By that time, I was bascially in the dead ST area...

I met my girlfriend, on the next server I played on (I'm being careful to not give names, I know how sensative they are about that, so no names) and I had to use codes to salvage my characters, because I was faced with a usual...3-5 FSODs a full day of playing...So you can guess the codes that I needed...

Later on, I made legitimate characters, with the exception of some colour name mods...(<3 purple), the thing is that was quite funny, we make a game, mark it so we're legitimate players, people would join and see our names, and call us unlegit players, saying we used hacked weapons and such, even though it's against the rules to lie about the legitmacy of yourself up to that point. Another example of ignorance haha...

I have no problem with Legit players, heck you guys are cool, I have a problem of people calling me an idiot for cheating, saying I rob ST of their money and such...lemme make it clear, if it wasn't for me..I know a few people that would have quit PSO, a while back, so yeah...I'm a real killer of PSOers eh?

OptimusPrime and Bones are the faces that people think of when they hear of the term 'hackers', and well...they are only 2 outta a whole community. Because I gaurentee ya people, I must have been FSODed more than anyone else I know, and most of it has been playing with people I care about, FSOD is a fact of PSO, PSO is an old game, so really people...just know that not everyone in the cheating PSO side is out to get ya, we're not gunna rob you of your items, make you FSOD...

Btw, ty Rekitheforce

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Konstanse_Xx on 2006-12-12 14:28 ]</font>

MaKaVeLi_X
Dec 12, 2006, 06:46 PM
Sure why not, this game is easy enought to hack.

Careful
Dec 12, 2006, 07:13 PM
Bones is a cheater? Oh jeez i wish i knew, no wonder he out leveled me. I was to busy farming my own meseta for decent gear while he some how had the best gear(like alot of people i know/see-_-)... I can't believe i have his partner card. *Throws it out the window*

I believe the point of online games is the grinding =/ It's about doing the same runs for money then you get the prize and feel happy because you finally have it. Oh well, good bye PSU i'll go back to playing offline rpgs.

Konstanse_Xx
Dec 12, 2006, 07:30 PM
Lol, I don't know what Bones does on PSU.

DUDE, that's how they win...Just play in another universe...play with people from here, your friends, the danger lies in that of the unknown...=p

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 13, 2006, 03:52 AM
On 2006-12-12 15:46, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
Sure why not, this game is easy enought to hack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LhqUHuKPTg&eurl=

Well, at least you were telling the truth.

Xeharu13
Dec 18, 2006, 06:47 PM
Frozen Screen Of Death?...Maybe Doom?

Superguppie
Dec 19, 2006, 06:28 AM
On the old versions of PSO, frozen screen could mean destruction of the character.

Sinue_v2
Dec 19, 2006, 04:39 PM
On the old versions of PSO, frozen screen could mean destruction of the character.

Uh.. not really. FSOD just means that your game locks up and is frozen. You have to reset your console/program. It was most commonly done by casting a certain high powered spell at a certain teleportation spell. Though other methods were found. The only time it would corrupt your character is if you were frozen durring a save. There was a way to force a save and then FSOD, but it wasn't widespread until the game was already pretty much dead and burried thanks to Sega's double-save which also had a tendancy to FSOD players.

FSOD w/ with loss of character data was lamely called "FSOD-X". X for eXtreme!!! =/

As for cheating - I used to cheat in v.1 and v.2. Never did FSOD or NOL, since those are pretty cowardly and honestly, not much fun. One of my favorites was to get a few firends around and use Walk thru Walls w/ BMPK. We'd hide behind the walls of F1 & 2 and wait for people to come down the Telepipe. After they materialized we'd snipe them from the bushes. That was fun. If they didn't disconnect right away - we'd revive them and let them get their weapon. No harm, no foul... just a laugh. Maybe kill them again, then rev them just for the hell of it.

After PSO Ep I & II came out I went totally legit. I just didn't find cheating fun anymore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-12-19 13:48 ]</font>

Kaidenx
Dec 19, 2006, 05:31 PM
...like people really are going to admit they use them in a poll...
I'm surprised everyone did not just vote they use them online to smite the poll lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaidenx on 2006-12-19 14:32 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Dec 20, 2006, 12:11 AM
Eh, I used my action replay on my gamecube version (I only had offline anyway) to get my other characters (as in, not my main) to superhigh levels to see how a high level force/ranger was like.

Agne
Dec 20, 2006, 02:06 AM
i'm like 'russindahill', i used to do all kinds of hacks and stuff. I especially loved it when being able to hit other ppl with spells first came out on dc. i'd be walking through an empty room with my party and start zapping them... they'd be all like "who the what?!?"!!! i wouldn't say anything, just sit back and laugh.

btw nol'ing another hacker/duper is funny.. especially when you're doing it back and forth never knowing if mid-mission you might lose that char. or if you actually were going to finish the mission.

of course the other codes and stuff made this not so horrible as for legiter's... but it was a fun game to do with friends... which btw is what most hackers did when they found this out... just telling some "friends" of your hacker games gives them unworthy power, and you can't make them unlearn it once you see their maliciousness.

also on walking thru doors. nothing is funnier than standing on the other side of a locked door and telling someone to open it for you.... (you know those ones in pso that couldn't be opened) priceless.

but yeah, i started as a way to backup save when i lost my first char on pso.