PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Originality in Names #2 (What names did you see mult

Ryogen
Oct 17, 2006, 04:12 AM
Original Topic (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=120556&forum=20)

Well now I would like to know, that after 360 beta has finally ended, what name have you seen multiple times during beta? I was actually suprised to see a lot of original names. Here is my list:

- Sephiroth
- Mega Man
- Naturo
- Cloud

lolichan
Oct 17, 2006, 04:17 AM
didn't pay much attention to names, but i did see a cloud or two

my names were hi2u and robololi D:

Elleranda
Oct 17, 2006, 04:18 AM
Megarutephiroud!

UltraDeeDer
Oct 17, 2006, 04:20 AM
Spartan, SPARTAN, MASTER CHEIF, Spartan 412 (?), Halo Guy, Dark Spartan.

They were all there, and none were from Sparta.

AnnabellaRenee87
Oct 17, 2006, 04:30 AM
actually for the first time i dident see multipule Neo's i use the name Neo and i dident see any neos http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryogen
Oct 17, 2006, 04:31 AM
I did see two neos

UltraDeeDer
Oct 17, 2006, 04:38 AM
If Neo is the one, then who is the two? An imposter to be sure.

DarthFomar
Oct 17, 2006, 04:46 AM
I saw a lot of Halo referenced names too. Doesn't bother me though. I mean, I like the game and all.

Saw a couple Sepiroths and Clouds. Didn't bug me. As long as people aren't jerks, I really don't have a problem with them.

Farrmark
Oct 17, 2006, 05:13 AM
There was only one Farrmark http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EnixBelmont
Oct 17, 2006, 05:21 AM
A few sephiroths, 2 Gaaras, 2 Master Chiefs, like 5 or 6 different spartans, 2 gokus, and either one or two sasuke, but I wasn't sure if they were the same one.

All within 30 minutes of playing, and 20 minutes of watching my friend play at his house.

Flame6
Oct 17, 2006, 05:21 AM
for the first time i used my real name (Tommy). I liked using my real name. I did see somone with the name "Tommy 1" and i just had to laugh because i got it FIRST!

Q_Anon
Oct 17, 2006, 06:14 AM
for the first time i used my real name (Tommy). I liked using my real name. I did see somone with the name "Tommy 1" and i just had to laugh because i got it FIRST!

If I remember right, you can share names in PSU. XD

Flame6
Oct 17, 2006, 06:25 AM
well i found a "Tommy 1" i dont know why he had the name then

Rhyv
Oct 17, 2006, 06:39 AM
for some reason people that dont go with original names bugs the hell outa me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif

Genobee
Oct 17, 2006, 07:05 AM
aparnetly gaara is the noob name of choice atm

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 17, 2006, 07:08 AM
@Genobee That must be the point in the series on Televetion for cartoon network :/ wait till later when Sasuke's brother Itachi gets introduced, they'll be all over his nuts shortly after http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

AlMcFly
Oct 17, 2006, 07:09 AM
It's kind of sad. They should realize they will never ever stand out or be remembered by anyone with names like "narutofan69" or "supersaiyangoku". I think it kind of boils down to a certain amount of maturity. Unless someone making the name does it just for the hell of it, iono, I still would never in a million years.

Genobee
Oct 17, 2006, 07:13 AM
On 2006-10-17 05:08, Ninpo_Tamashii wrote:
@Genobee That must be the point in the series on Televetion for cartoon network :/ wait till later when Sasuke's brother Itachi gets introduced, they'll be all over his nuts shortly after http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yea........*dread*

I'm surprised I haven't seen any inuyashas yet....

Nayte
Oct 17, 2006, 07:15 AM
On 2006-10-17 05:08, Ninpo_Tamashii wrote:

Then you'll see Ero sennins, jiryas, rasengan etc. ugh...

Oh well, at least you can have the same name twice otherwise you'd see crappy variants such as XxNarutoxX and the rest...

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 17, 2006, 07:23 AM
Sega needs to just stop frontin' and make an Anime Series to give people something to sweat. At least then people will be making clones based off the series. :s

AlMcFly
Oct 17, 2006, 07:23 AM
I wish we couldn't have the same name twice actually. If I ever see another one of me walking around I will be so mad. Well, I'll prob shrug it off but I don't need people thinking that he is me.

Genobee
Oct 17, 2006, 07:29 AM
On 2006-10-17 05:23, Ninpo_Tamashii wrote:
Sega needs to just stop frontin' and make an Anime Series to give people something to sweat. At least then people will be making clones based off the series. :s

Are you forgetting the countless sonic cartoons?

Flame6
Oct 17, 2006, 07:31 AM
i havnt seen any inuyashas yet but i did see a Kagoma (the girl from the show, cant spell)

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 17, 2006, 07:32 AM
On 2006-10-17 05:29, Genobee wrote:

(Sonic~~ He's the fastest thing aliiiiiiiive~~~) lol

I was making refrence to a Phantasy Star specific anime, I should have eleborated.

zeeponaner
Oct 17, 2006, 07:34 AM
I seen a couple Casts with Transformer names Megatron, Megatron69 and allot of variations of Optimus Prime, Optimus Qrime, Optimus Time.

Genobee
Oct 17, 2006, 07:36 AM
On 2006-10-17 05:32, Ninpo_Tamashii wrote:

On 2006-10-17 05:29, Genobee wrote:

(Sonic~~ He's the fastest thing aliiiiiiiive~~~) lol

I was making refrence to a Phantasy Star specific anime, I should have eleborated.

Well maybe we will once people play story mode?

but I think Ethan webber is a realy boring name

Feign
Oct 17, 2006, 07:48 AM
On 2006-10-17 02:20, UltraDeeDer wrote:

What's Spartan from? I named an experimental character that (All caps) because I thought I'd be original. Kids and their reading my mind! </3

Flame6
Oct 17, 2006, 07:49 AM
Spartan put shortly is a Halo Guy.

Genobee
Oct 17, 2006, 07:50 AM
On 2006-10-17 05:48, Feign wrote:

On 2006-10-17 02:20, UltraDeeDer wrote:

What's Spartan from? I named an experimental character that (All caps) because I thought I'd be original. Kids and their reading my mind! </3

ummmmmmmm I dunno Halo maybe..... just a guess

Flame6
Oct 17, 2006, 07:50 AM
crap....spartan put simply is the main dude from halo.

Genobee
Oct 17, 2006, 07:54 AM
I still think Alan Turing is the best cast name EVAR!!!!

KodiaX987
Oct 17, 2006, 08:34 AM
"iownyou", "iownj00", "u_suck" and other variations of depression. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Feign
Oct 18, 2006, 04:26 AM
Oh my, that sucks....I was like, oooo I'll do SPARTAN, all caps, so I'll be a mass-produced soldier-type, and it's themed!

Durrrr :B

eXo
Oct 18, 2006, 02:39 PM
I was really hoping that sega implemented a system simular to blizzard on Diablo2 & wow that way its one character 1 name.... makes things alot better example if someone said heydo you know blackdragon then its a simple answer yes or no not idk which one because their is like 8 of them =

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 18, 2006, 03:14 PM
On 2006-10-17 05:09, McFlyVII wrote:
It's kind of sad. They should realize they will never ever stand out or be remembered by anyone with names like "narutofan69" or "supersaiyangoku". I think it kind of boils down to a certain amount of maturity. Unless someone making the name does it just for the hell of it, iono, I still would never in a million years.

Honestly, if someone wanted to call themselves, "narutofan69", then I suppose that would be acceptable; it is, at the very least, a very descriptive name.

Still, we get a lot of teenie-boppers that want to name themselves after their favorite bad-ass from their favorite series, under the impression that people will react with things like, "*GASP!* Watch out! That's Sephiroth! Don't piss him off!" Simply put, they think they're going to impress other people, or otherwise, they think that just having the name/theme will make their character somehow better.

On the other hand, there's also those (and these are the guys that annoy me especially) that aren't satisfied to simply play the game that they are playing. What they actually want to play is the game, or a game based on the series, that the character's name is from. It's like, dammit man, if you're going to play Phantasy Star Universe, then choose a Phantasy Star Universe name! It's not Dragonball Z, it's not a Final Fantasy, it's not even Naruto! It's Phantasy Star Universe.

I get people that do this sort of thing all the time in my homebrewed RPG; they want to duplicate a character exactly that they've played in another game, and I'm saying, "Man, just make a new character." It's really quite annoying.

Xanto
Oct 18, 2006, 09:02 PM
azn"another word here"