PDA

View Full Version : whats some of the best armor? What do you have?

bishop472003
Oct 17, 2006, 03:20 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before, I currently own
a smoking plate, sacred cloth, and a guard wave. A cant find a better shield than my secret gear, anything better if so what and where do i find it?

FallenAngelV
Oct 17, 2006, 03:48 PM
Your Armour's pretty good, although if you have an Oran character you can get an Aura Field [req. Lv 152] from a Temple Mil Lily without too much difficulty. Androids can't use them though.

Shields really depend on your class. A Standstill Shield is a fairly easy drop for a Viridia character (also a Temple Mil Lily), but Forces can't equip them. A Tripolic Shield would be a good replacement, although they're not easy to get without trading. If you have a Female character, you might want to try out a Safety Heart or Rico's Earrings.

bishop472003
Oct 17, 2006, 04:21 PM
The Stats on Sacred cloth sucks man, my guard wave is surprisingly good.

Delfi
Oct 17, 2006, 05:02 PM
yes but bear in mind the other advantages to sacred cloth/shield - they have built in cure poison/parrallelsys.

bishop472003
Oct 17, 2006, 05:32 PM
thats cool i ddin't know that, how could i find out more info like that, and what other armor have specials like that.

xxTrystanxx
Oct 17, 2006, 07:34 PM
Let's see....

My HUnewearl uses a Luminous Field, which is pretty decent, though it drains HP (albeit very slowly, however)
My FOmarl uses Parasite Wear: Nelgal (soon to become a Vajulla) and when HUney hits 156 she'll swap Luminous for Virus Armor: Lafuteria... FOmarl should be high enough to wear Luminous by then.

Sacred Cloth is fantastic on FOs, especially for Ult Caves and Temple. Good for any character, actually, but I find in a multiplayer game, it's more of a hassle if the FO is getting paralyzed all the time, and having it built into Armor frees up a slot for you.

Another good Armor set I use is the Attribute Plate/Attribute Wall combo. A decent step up from Secret Gear, I think. Though FOs can't equip the Plate, they can use the Shield.

Genoa
Oct 17, 2006, 11:21 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/item_compare.php Gives a list of items and their statistics compared to their class.
In this case, http://www.pso-world.com/item_compare.php?section=9&class=Shield&version=v3 here's the link for all the shields and their stats so you can compare them to one another. Just click on the name of the item to go to it's description where you can find out who it's usable by, required stat/lvl., where to find it, it's special abilitiy, etc...

PMB960
Oct 18, 2006, 12:08 AM
The Secret Gear is actually one of the best shields you can get. Almost all the others that are better aren't usable by too many classes(except the Tripolic Shield) and it can be used by the time you get to Very Hard instead of needing to be over level 100. Plus it is very easy to find. The Guard Wave is one of the most powerful armors in the game. Anything more powerful than that is almost impossible to find except the Aura Field.

bishop472003
Oct 18, 2006, 04:20 AM
Ok so I have good armor,eh.

Kevino
Oct 18, 2006, 08:28 AM
i have a Guard Wave as my best armor i can use
Aura Field i'm gonna start looking for because i dont need too much tp any way.
Secret Gear is the best shield i can use
Standstill Shield is the best i cant use

Out_Kast
Oct 18, 2006, 02:39 PM
What I find weird about the Sacred cloth is that, you need to be (level 144, is it?) to use it, but the Electro frame (being a level 121 requirement) its stats (as in DFP and EVP) are better. So, don't you think the level requirements should be the other way round?
P.S. The Electro Frame rules http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Genoa
Oct 18, 2006, 02:54 PM
Sacred Cloth is an armor that prevents paralysis... so it's pointless for a cast to wear it. It's more preferable to a high level force or support class character. Lvl. 144+ Humans/Newmans (with the exception of HUmar) can cast Deband... which allows them to increase their defense to compensate for the lower defense armor with the advantage of not worrying about paralysis... so they can always stand ready for support (unless they're shocked >_> freeze is easy to break out of though) Unless you don't mind getting antiparlaysis' and sol atomizers constantly... whatever floats your boat.

FallenAngelV
Oct 18, 2006, 03:34 PM
Doesn't the Electo Frame have terrible EDK resistance though? Unless you use a Delsaber's Shield/Light Relief or some Resist Units, you're going to find that even the Zol Gibbon's mini-Megid will kill you on an annoyingly frequent basis.

I loathe being killed by Megid, so I use a Brightness Circle. It's offers great protection, and it looks pretty neat as well.

PMB960
Oct 19, 2006, 12:22 AM
Yeah I have a Brightness Circle too but it is the one you make with the Spirit Garment so DFP isn't as good as actually finding one. I am looking for a Guard Wave though since it only has 7 less DFP than the max Brightness Circle and is much easier to find.

bishop472003
Oct 19, 2006, 04:31 AM
Brightness Circle is a hard find.

Feelmirath
Oct 19, 2006, 04:34 AM
On 2006-10-18 12:54, MegamanX wrote:
Sacred Cloth is an armor that prevents paralysis... so it's pointless for a cast to wear it. It's more preferable to a high level force or support class character.
Or, on GC, any fleshie. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

xxTrystanxx
Oct 19, 2006, 09:51 AM
On 2006-10-19 02:34, Feelmirath wrote:

On 2006-10-18 12:54, MegamanX wrote:
Sacred Cloth is an armor that prevents paralysis... so it's pointless for a cast to wear it. It's more preferable to a high level force or support class character.
Or, on GC, any fleshie. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Xbox, too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

wufiei
Oct 19, 2006, 11:58 AM
The very best Armor that I have would have to be the Aura Field that my Humar is using.

I also have these:

DF Field
Luminous Field *2
Guard Wave *3
Electro Frame *2
Sacred Cloth *5

The next armor that I want to get is another Aura Field but I'm not hunting that right away though.

EXclipZeD
Oct 19, 2006, 05:34 PM
Believe it or not I have an Aura Field with 4 slots.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EXclipZeD on 2006-10-21 09:35 ]</font>

Feelmirath
Oct 21, 2006, 03:29 AM
The best 2 armours I've had at any given time:

Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou (<3 built in h/battle)
Sacred Cloth (pwning lilies is far more important than having a high defence. No, seriously.)

Neith
Oct 21, 2006, 08:10 AM
Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou is my favourite armour. Built in Heavenly/Battle is awesome, plus it boosts Sange, Yasha, Kamui, and Sange & Yasha by 100ATP and 10ATA. Add to that the fact that it has 181EVP, making it very difficult for most enemies to land hits on me.

Sacred Cloth is very useful too, built in Cure/Paralysis is great). Obviously, on BB, Lieutenant Mantle too (built in Trap Vision, and respectable stats, plus incredibly easy to get now)

xxTrystanxx
Oct 21, 2006, 08:16 AM
On 2006-10-21 01:29, Feelmirath wrote:
The best 2 armours I've had at any given time:

Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou (<3 built in h/battle)
Sacred Cloth (pwning lilies is far more important than having a high defence. No, seriously.)

Most definitely. And it frees up a slot from not having to wear Cure/Paralysis... PB/Create anyone? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
I think a lot of people forget (at least, that I play with) that if you walk up to the Lilies, they don't megid you, they just try to paralyze you.

Of course a face full of Charge Vulcan usually puts them in their place rather quickly too.