PDA

View Full Version : Best Traps?

FallenAngelV
Oct 17, 2006, 03:39 PM
Which're the best/most effective traps, in your opinion?

My vote goes to Confuse, because it's so much fun watching a group of enemies rip each-other to pieces while you stand back with a Shot/Needle/Launcher and gradually pick them off.

BlueKnight
Oct 17, 2006, 04:06 PM
I would have to say the Freeze Traps or Confuse Traps are the best In game mode. I would think thay are very helpful.

In Battle Mode I would have to say the Confuse or Damage trapes are the best. Confuse and Damage is the best beacuse you can watch the aponet be confuse and you can hit them with more shots. Damage is good for and extera shot that might kill them faster.

KojiroAK
Oct 17, 2006, 06:50 PM
Well, i prefer a faster way to play and on this point, most time you'r faster through enemys by kill them by yourself than let kill them each other.

Freeze-Traps stops the enemy so they can't disturb your comob, so i would say defenitly freeze-trap.

But yes it's true do watch some times the enemys kill them self, while staying self out of harm, is real funny.

Tallus
Oct 17, 2006, 07:48 PM
i like confuzing 2 delsabers and waching them own eachother. still, freeze traps, (while less amusing) are more usefull.

Bezmor
Oct 18, 2006, 03:07 AM
In most cases i would say freeze because then i pull out red sword and own them. But in addicting food the confuse are better because wehn you get 12 guys hitting each other they do tons of damage and the vulmer/govulmers kill assasins too.

kurisu1974
Oct 18, 2006, 03:51 AM
I voted freeze traps, but confuse is a great second. They do wonders on Baranz. In fact, they are usefull on most, if not all, machines.

Psyclone
Oct 18, 2006, 11:49 AM
Meh. Confuse ftw! With my level 105 HUcast, I always run out of Confuse traps before I run out of everything else.

While Freeze traps make 'em stand still for some a$$whoopin', the effect does not last as long as the Confusion. While they're confused, however, they generally ignore me, leaving me free to whack from the fringes with Chain Sawd or a slicer, and the additional damage they do to each other certainly helps clear the mob that much faster.

About the only times I use Freeze traps are to make 'em stand there long enough for me to heal up with Chain Sawd, help me get out of a tight spot, and on the more difficult monsters like Hildelt's, Sinow's, and Baranz's.

Damage traps rock for clearing Slimes, though...

Genoa
Oct 18, 2006, 02:15 PM
In most cases... I'd say Confuse Trap. Especially when you're not extremely powerfull yet. The enemies might be able to inflict more damage on eachother than you can by yourself, so i'd say let their higher ATP decimate one another while you can still pick on them from a distance with some type of gun.

As Psyclone stated, Confuse traps have a longer duration than Freeze Traps. I only use freeze traps against a strong target (just one)
i.e., Dark Bringer, Gibbles, Gran Sorcerer, Mericarol, etc.....
But for groups of enemies, it's definately smarter to use confuse traps.

But damage traps are also extremely effective to certain enemies. It's a fire-based attack, so it does good against fire-weak targets. In mines I usually lay a confuse trap and a damage trap right after. And sometimes I run in circles around them just laying Damage Traps xD

Out_Kast
Oct 18, 2006, 02:28 PM
Confuse. Works wonders when surrounded http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Feelmirath
Oct 18, 2006, 02:52 PM
Freeze when in a party, but confuse when solo.

Genoa
Oct 18, 2006, 03:07 PM
yeah I forgot you usually do have to use freeze when in party because everyone will try to stomp the enemies ... giving the enemies no chance to strike at eachother if you use a confuse trap. Not to mention even if they're confused they can still go after you, which is why you go ranged when they're confused... but there's still so many n00b hunters that only carry melee because they're all about bein t3h ult1m4t3 SSJ DBZ p0wnz3r in t3h w0rldz! >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2006-10-18 13:08 ]</font>

FallenAngelV
Oct 18, 2006, 03:30 PM
Well, Confuse traps are basically essential for my RAcaseal, since I'm offline only and therefore have to solo everything. Without uber weapons, she has a hard time damaging everything, so I find it easier to let the enemies kill each-other for me.

Delfi
Oct 18, 2006, 05:24 PM
pfft i could not possibly cast a vote as i find all the traps extremely useful.Freeze traps are ideal in BIG single ENEMY situations - more so than in groups.Confuse traps for groups definately seeing as sometimes once the confuse has warn off the enemies still attack each other if u stay far enough out of their way.And damage traps - the amount of damage they do is pathetic really but they do allow you to drop them over a group of fallen rappies and back away withouth waiting for them.And they also destroy slimes in 1 hit if timed correctly.

whiteninja
Oct 19, 2006, 12:00 AM
It depends on the enemy positions and the type of weapon you are using, if you must decide between one or the other.

In most cases, Confuse and Freeze traps work the same, assuming your character is strong. The best part about them is the 35% reduction to enemy EVP.

Damage traps are good for stunning and EXP tagging.
Really though, I don't believe in tagging. Why get EXP for something you only hit once for 138 damage with a trap? Pfft, you don't deserve that.

PMB960
Oct 19, 2006, 12:17 AM
I like freeze traps the best especially against other people since there is no mecry time when you are frozen. Plus as a ranger you can use them to get distance between you and your foes or put them down in their path and wait for the enemy to trigger them to give yourself extra time when dealing with large groups. They are also essential for Delsabers who would otherwise be very difficult to hit.

bishop472003
Oct 19, 2006, 04:34 AM
Frezee Traps>Everything else.

Shadow__
Oct 19, 2006, 05:31 AM
Confuse traps for me, I love watching 6/7 rappys head butting each other, lol.