PDA

View Full Version : Changes we need

Mitz
Oct 18, 2006, 06:10 AM
Hey there,

It is nearly time for the newest game in the Phantasy Star series, Phantasy Star Universe. And what you will see is a lot of new members who have never played it before coming here for advice, guides, and to discuss their PSU lifes. I think we need to make some changes in the site and forums to show us that we're dedicated and most of all, are professional.

Change 1: Site layout.
While the custom layouts do not have to be changed. I think we need a good new main layout. The blue/grey is getting very boring (it got so boring that I registered just to change it XD) and we should get something like a sleek glossy professional layout.

Change 2: Board layout.
I mean. The Post Reply button and New Topic button are, if I may, excruciatingly ugly. Also I think that we should have a PSU theme. With a PM to manage 'Your Account' and cool, good looking new buttons. And if you are adding custom buttons, either do them all custom, or none. I am willing to design it although I cannot code it in.

Change 3: Changes of forums and additions.
Things are so hectic down the PSU forum. We need more PSU forums and move the PSU section to the top. Also you could split the PSU section in 2 sections. One for Xbox and one for PC/PS2. Forums you could add are:

PSU Trading (PC/PS2)
PSU Trading (Xbox360)
Strategy, synthesis and in-depth PSU discussion(PC/PS2/Xbox360)

I'd also say that you could put all things PSO in one forum and move the Trade forum to that section. (I don't think having PSU trades in the PSO trading forum is gonna work out.)

You also might need more moderators when the crowd gets bigger, but that's entirely in your hands.

------------
Anyway I hope these things get considered. Since I'm bored before PSU I am willing to design anything you need.

MM

P.S. Best to make the changes before PSU gets released.

P.S.2. Is flash allowed in sigs now? Because people still use it and some (Like VioletSkye's) are disabling my ability to scroll with the mousewheel when they turn up on the page. IT'S ANNOYING, FIX IT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizeru on 2006-10-18 05:28 ]</font>

DarkShadowX
Oct 18, 2006, 07:17 AM
Good suggestions, I totally agree with all of it.

KojiroAK
Oct 18, 2006, 07:25 AM
Well i had to look twice to see, that this pics are for New Topic and Post Reply.
So they should realy been changed.

2 PSU trade sections would be to much.
1 should be enough, traders just would to have to say on wich console they want to trade.

Mitz
Oct 18, 2006, 07:26 AM
Yeah I know. I can really never find the buttons. x.x;

Tomeeboy
Oct 18, 2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. Some of what you mentioned is already being worked on and planned, so I think you will be pleased to see a few changes that will take place in the next week or so (some things have already happened, such as the moderation team additions). However, keep in mind that the site is run entirely by volunteers who make changes and upgrades in their own free time (and often 'create' free time that they really don't have to work on PSOW). Something that sounds as simple as making a layout change can actually take quite a bit of time on a site this large. We'll definitely be focusing on the priorities, though, and changes will be made continually, before and after the launch of PSU. This site has a very large community backing it (over 40,000 members now) and there will be a lot of cool stuff on the way as our momentum continues to build http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif