PDA

View Full Version : SUV Video

Ronin1of47
Oct 18, 2006, 07:03 PM
So i have seen the beasts nano blast videos but i was wondering if anyone knew of any links to Casts Suv vids. thanks

Rizen
Oct 18, 2006, 07:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqF0QtOsh3Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fp2dupaRdI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaaen3wTCuw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o-m7-zUtio

Ronin1of47
Oct 18, 2006, 07:09 PM
thanks Rizen

Undubbed
Oct 18, 2006, 07:14 PM
Was there voice acting in the beta? I can't seem to remember if there was..

Rizen
Oct 18, 2006, 07:15 PM
I think they took out voices in the English versions sadly...

SpishackCola
Oct 18, 2006, 07:17 PM
I hope not http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif That was something I definitely liked after viewing a handful of the JP server footage.

Flunky
Oct 18, 2006, 07:47 PM
I used the swiveling vulcan gun (Hegal Buster) a few times in the beta, and I didn't hear any special voice clips when activating it. Male cast. My sound was kinda low, though, so there's a chance I just didn't hear it.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 18, 2006, 08:07 PM
On 2006-10-18 17:15, Rizen wrote:

they betetr not take our voices...I'd seriously cry, and I liekly would liek the JP ones better too so I hope theres an option

FenixStryk
Oct 18, 2006, 09:21 PM
I like the Rafale Buster out of all of them. =]

Kyuu
Oct 18, 2006, 09:32 PM
On 2006-10-18 17:15, Rizen wrote:

If you're talking about the voice for your character with the grunts and such during combat, they are present in the English version (changed to English voice actors, of course, though they don't say any actual words, thank goodness), as first seen in a video uploaded by Jon_F. They aren't half bad, but I'm not terribly fond of them either.

Flunky
Oct 18, 2006, 11:09 PM
Yeah, upon double-checking my male cast will use one of the standard attack grunts upon activating his SUV. Nothin' special, just a grunt.

Drown
Oct 19, 2006, 01:01 AM
Cool. SUV's are a very cool addition to the game.

FenixStryk
Oct 19, 2006, 01:04 AM
On 2006-10-18 23:01, Drown wrote:Cool. SUV's are a very cool addition to the game.Indeed. But I kind of wish they had different skins / you had more control over them. They all look almost exactly alike from the back, and depending on which one you buy is how it's aimed. Kind of lame.

Drown
Oct 19, 2006, 01:08 AM
One step at a time, I suppose.

Ryo_Hayasa
Oct 19, 2006, 08:50 AM
yeah it's a shame, it looks like we lost our Japanese Voice acting, and more than likely we've lost the Japanese VAs for the main story as well.

Whatever, it's too late now, but i assure you. I WILL POUT!

Neo187H
Oct 19, 2006, 10:56 AM
Can the casts still use photon arts also? Or can they only use SUVs.

Fleece
Oct 19, 2006, 11:14 AM
..........yes they can.....

Kyuu
Oct 19, 2006, 11:18 AM
Photon Arts and SUVs have just about zero to do with each other, so yes, Casts can still use PAs.

Neo187H
Oct 19, 2006, 11:30 AM
Alright, thankyou. I couldn't find anywhere that stated one replaced the other but I thought they might be different versions of eachother for different races.

Flunky
Oct 19, 2006, 12:09 PM
SUVs are like nanoblasts (which are like photon blasts from previous PSO games)- deal and take enough damage and they charge up. Press the right button (on the 360 beta it's x and y at once), they activate. Then they need to charge up again. Unlike the nanoblasts, though, SUVs take up an extra slot on your armor, so you need to have armor with an extra slot to use one. There's some pretty nifty extra units about as well, so you won't get to use those if want to use an SUV. Nanoblasts, as far as I'm aware, don't have that restriction... but I'm not sure if they charge as quickly; on the beta the SUV seems to charge fully every 1-2 blocks, so it gets used pretty frequently.

Xzile
Oct 19, 2006, 12:59 PM
Hey I love the SUV weapon and i already made up my mind to be a cast but does anyone know exactly what u need to use it...like if its an item or what.

Xzile
Oct 19, 2006, 01:05 PM
Actually... Flunky answered my question and i didnt see o.o

Arcturus
Oct 19, 2006, 01:43 PM
Look at this pic of an SUV wep being fired! LOOK AT IT!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/cali141/ScreenShot034.jpg

It's bigger than the damn dragon!

Pengfishh
Oct 19, 2006, 02:53 PM
There was a lot left out of the x360 beta, so I'd like to imagine we'll have some more voice clips come around next week.

Wallin
Oct 19, 2006, 05:08 PM
I'm kind of disappointed because none of those usually killed anything, and if you can't only use them once before recharging, it's like, when do you use it? For a boss, that you're obviously not going to kill, or against several monsters that you also may not kill, or just might overkill? I dunno about this...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-10-19 15:09 ]</font>

SpishackCola
Oct 19, 2006, 05:20 PM
Gotta plan ahead from the looks of the videos. Warmup of about 3-5 seconds, watch enemy movements, adjust position that slight amount of time until it ready to fire and hope they don't move out of the way.

Flunky
Oct 19, 2006, 06:00 PM
My experience with the Hegel Buster in terms of effectiveness:

First of all, it's got a long range and with the swiveling a good arc. This means if you get pretty far back (but not -too- far back), you can hit every enemy in an area.

Second of all, the Hegel Buster does about 300ish damage per hit on each enemy, usually hitting 2 or 3 times on each, though sometimes only once. For reference, my 4-star dagger PA at level 20 does about a total of 8 80-100 hits on each enemy in range... so the two-part dagger PA arguably does more damage.

HOWEVER! You're invincible while using the SUV, while you're not while you're in the fray with a dagger, especially on B ranks and above where only the last hits in melee combos make enemies flinch. Also, the enemies don't have to be clumped up.

As I said earlier, it takes about 1-2 blocks (area sections) of a dungeon to charge up an SUV, so I generally use it once in the dungeon, and if there's a boss I hold onto my second one until the boss. Bosses have lots of places to hit them; the Hegel Buster will hit most of those, doing easily over one thousand damage (300 a hit, between 4 and 8 hits generally).

You do have to keep in mind the charge time, but it's a lot easier fit an enemy in the arc if you're further away.

Finally, using an SUV resets both negative and positive status effects. Sure you lose buffs, but certain enemies (like the worms on Neudiaz) will give debuffs easily if you're careless. Thus, SUVs are handy as both openers to a tough fight (boss or not) or a good mid-battle power- the amount of damage seems to be just enough to either kill or just about kill most enemies level 15-20, but it will 'only' take a good chunk out of a boss.

This is all at the point of a low 20s cast, though, so I couldn't say how useful an SUV will be at higher levels.