PDA

View Full Version : Some definitive answers please..

otana_uk
Oct 19, 2006, 05:56 AM
Do the Battle units increase Tech casting speed? Or are they useless for a Force who dosn't melee? Do they affect how fast you run?

Does EVP ONLY increase your character's chance of blocking an attack?

If you equip a Technique unit on your Hunter or Ranger when they have a lvl 15 tech, will it be raised above 15?

Does your HP determine if you get knocked down by an attack?

There are some more but I can't think of them right now..

Shadow__
Oct 19, 2006, 06:33 AM
1) Battle Techs do not increase magic casting, nor do they make you run faster.
2) Increases the chance of the enemy missing you, not blocking.
3) Not sure.
4) I think the higher the HP, the less likely you are to get knocked down. But, it's not worth wasting slots by increasing your HP, easier to just heal yourself.

Hope this helps...

T0m
Oct 19, 2006, 07:07 AM
I think that otana_uk meant the same, with blocking, as you do with missing.

Anyway, at least on GC PSO, technique level can't be elevated above the normal limit. So, a HUmar with level 15 techs, will still have level 15 techs, after equipping a Technique unit.

When you remember those other questions, be sure to give Forum Search (http://www.pso-world.com/searchbb.php), and Guide Search (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php), a try! Plenty of answers to be found there. ~_~

Neith
Oct 19, 2006, 07:37 AM
My answers are for GC/XB/BB PSO, I believe a lot of it is the same for DC though.

1) No, /Battle units only affect attack speed. This does not include Technique casting speed, and does not affect your walking/running speed.

2) Yes, EVP affects the chance your character has to block an attack. The higher the EVP, generally the more you'll block melee attacks.

3) No, you cannot raise Technique levels above your character's preset limit. So for example, a HUnewearl could not have Lv20 techs, and use a God/Technique to raise them to Lv23. They would be capped at Lv20, so a /tech unit would be a waste of a slot.

4) To an extent, yes. Some attacks (for example in Blue Burst, the Ep4 boss' beam attack) always cause knockdown, but a lot of attacks are based against your HP. If I recall correctly, I think you get knocked down if an attack inflicts more than 25% of your total HP. That figure may be sightly out, but it's something like that. Take less than that in a hit, and you won't fall down.

Hopefully that helps.

Aztec_Mystic
Oct 21, 2006, 04:09 AM
For the 4th question I'm not sure about that HP thing but I am almost sure that falls as well as damage inflicted by enemies (melee atacks) is DEF stat business, at least that's what I heard.

Neith
Oct 21, 2006, 08:00 AM
I would have thought HP reduction and DFP go hand in hand?

Think about it. If you have low DFP, you'll take more damage. That leads to you losing more than 25%HP more often. So, with low DFP, you get knocked down more.

With high DFP, you take less damage, which results in you taking less than 25% HP more often, so you don't fall down as much.

Of course, DFP doesn't come into play against techs, so I'd imagine that's based on Tech Lv/MST vs Resists.

xxTrystanxx
Oct 21, 2006, 08:13 AM
Absolutely. Which is why having ELT (and HP, too, but you can get by with less if you have more ELT)) to survive Falz' Grants attack.

Which is why if you use a Cure/Freeze on Ult Falz, sure you won't be frozen by his Rabarta, but your HP will be so low that you get pwned by the Darvants. Having high EIC would be better as you wouldn't take so much damage.

whiteninja
Oct 21, 2006, 08:31 AM
EVP lets you block attacks, but it's worthless. The odds of it working are very low, except against early-Ultimate enemies.

However, there's an alternative to the EVP block: the DFP block.

Since the enemy damage forumla is: (Enemy Modified ATP - Your Modified DFP) * 0.9
If your DFP after counting Deband and equipment is atleast 2 points below the enemy ATP after including Jellen, then the attack will do less than 1/2 damage, and be rounded to zero. It's much more reliable, and much more useful.

A Racaseal using lv81 S/D and a Lumi Field and SSS with VERY near to max DFP, assuming a Force casts Jellen, can just barely DFP block an Ill Gill. >_>

xxTrystanxx
Oct 21, 2006, 08:33 AM
Oooh. Sounds exciting. Thanks for the tip for RAcaseals, WN, sicne mine will be spending loads of time in the Towers....

Neith
Oct 21, 2006, 08:39 AM
Heh, Ive never had a problem blocking with EVP, I block a lot of things (admittedly, some through 'DFP' blocking).

I'd rather have lower DFP though, getting no knockdown is a pain. I'd actually rather things DID knock me down, rather than pummel me to death, because my character's too much of a tank to fall over >_>

I don't see how EVP is worthless at all, it's done me fine. Like I said, some of my blocking will have been DFP based, but not all of it.

I don't know, I seem to be one of the few people who values having lowDFP and highEVP. Guess I play different to everyone else, heh.

Tallus
Oct 21, 2006, 09:10 AM
i'm pretty sure both HP and DEF affect how much you get knocked down. when you get hit, the percent of your hp lost determines if you fall or not. more DEF = less hp lost, more HP = smaller percent of lost hp.

otana_uk
Oct 23, 2006, 05:39 AM
thnx for the answers/advice

Saffran
Oct 23, 2006, 11:45 AM
Otana:
no
yes
no
yes : if damage is superior to HPmax/4 then you will fall. This is valid for ANY kind of damage. The HP you have at the moment isn't taken into consideration, which is why large mobs are dangerous, although they are so weak.

Whiteninja, DFP block is for 4way Photon Blasts. Under regular solo play (I have trouble getting ppl to join in BB...) DFP block is almost non-existant.
Also, I am under the impression that Ill Gills ignore DFP - you can only reduce damage taken from them through Jellen. (The way I understand it, their Scythe attacks are subject to dfp-atp variation but they are laughable anyway, their megid Scythe ignores dfp, their tackle too.)

With about 50 EIC against Falz, you will be multihit (3 to 8 times) from Rabarta (below, you only take 2 to 4 hits) so I dunno if it's a good idea. The Cure Freeze makes sure that you avoid the darvants, though.

On DC, State Maintenance is a must have, a lot more important than battle units, to be honest. When fighting Falz, just bring a State Maintenance and 3 Perfect Resists.
Some of the old weak armors have good magic defence (Dragon Armor has 8 EIF IIRC) so use that to your advantage.