PDA

View Full Version : IE7

rbf2000
Oct 19, 2006, 08:57 PM
I just downloaded IE7. I use firefox religiously and I don't really expect IE7 to replace it, but I'm still going to give it a try.

What do you guys think of it so far?

download (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx?mg_ID=10010)

Heh, seems as though there is already a security flaw (http://slashdot.org/articles/06/10/19/1326247.shtml) in it...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2006-10-19 19:00 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Oct 19, 2006, 09:28 PM
It's a rather old, not to mention minor, security flaw. Ho-hum. I used the beta and installed the final when it came out. I rather like it and it is quite a bit peppier than the various beta versions. I've never particularly cared much for FireFox or Mozilla. Opera is decent but not my prime choice due to how it saves pages by default. It also isn't becoming as bloated as FireFox is becoming more and more often. I want a browser that works, is easy to use, and doesn't have an extra million-and-one things that I'll never use. Internet Explorer has fit that bill for years and because I play it safe where I visit, the worst 'spyware' I've had in years has been tracking cookies.

-BK-
Oct 19, 2006, 09:34 PM
I've liked it so far, it's an improvement over 6 as far as I'm concerned.

Shadowpawn
Oct 20, 2006, 09:54 AM
It doesn't impress me, it trying to be another Firefox by adding tabs and extensions (called Add-Ons) to its features. Althought to be fair, I haven't used it extensively yet so I can't give it a rating so far. I will say this, it's better than IE6.

AzureBlaze
Oct 21, 2006, 02:09 AM
I was on the beta, but it broke all the youtube videos.
It kept insisting that my flash or java was 'old' so I couldn't view any video. But when I went there (to flash or the java update) it was already the latest-latest ver. There shouldn't of been anything wrong. So I used ANY other browser and youtube loads fine.

I heard that IE had some kind of fight vs. the people who do flash...