PDA

View Full Version : Finding Rares, better offline or online?

raltga01
Nov 12, 2002, 03:21 AM
See topic.

Only asking because I've played fought Hard Dragon several times online only to get no rares. Is it better to hunt for rares in offline mode?

DB
Nov 12, 2002, 07:53 AM
All depends on your style man! Your chances of finding rares, are actually upped in online mode. After all, the monsters get tougher, and more people are there, so the dropping of a rare item tends to be more common, just due to statistics. But, you also have the very large chance, of someone else nabbing that rare you were searching for, for so long. I prefer offline mode, no people grabbing "MY" stuff. And item hogging. Eliminates alot of problems. But, also makes it harder to get what you're looking for. It's the price you pay for guarnteed safety.

FinalMasterM
Nov 12, 2002, 08:10 AM
Online has the best advantages when it comes to finding rares...

1. More Monsters to kill
2. Able to play in different ID hosted games (allowing you to find many other rares than that of your own ID)

But if you fear people fighting over stuff online, you can always just lock yourself in a game and play Forest/Mines (since atleast 2 people are needed to complete Caves/Ruins "sometimes")

raltga01
Nov 12, 2002, 08:38 AM
I see, I've found a couple rares in Hard Ruins [Blade Dance, and DB's Sabre]. Am still looking for Yamato and Musashi. I guess it's time to start trying Very Hard Forest...

DB
Nov 12, 2002, 09:12 AM
Musashi, you can get off the Dragon in V-Hard, or just hard, if you try enough. And don't just stick to one area. Wander through the levels in harder difficulties, aimlessly. Help generate a randomness, instaed of doing the old same level. You might find something cool, you were'nt even looking for!

ABDUR101
Nov 12, 2002, 12:30 PM
On 2002-11-12 06:12, DB wrote:
Musashi, you can get off the Dragon in V-Hard, or just hard, if you try enough. And don't just stick to one area. Wander through the levels in harder difficulties, aimlessly. Help generate a randomness, instaed of doing the old same level. You might find something cool, you were'nt even looking for!

I agree, I usually just go through all the areas I've unlocked for a certain difficulty, gain the EXP and whatever rares that might show up. Besides, it cuts down on the repetiveness(that comes with a game like this). =)

castelli
Nov 12, 2002, 01:55 PM
Ive Bin finding rares like crazy in off line mode playing mylti player in hard mode.... bad thing is i cant use them yet.... and ive only made it through forest. So far ive foond Mushiu (from the dragon), 2 CRUSH BULLETS, 2 VARISTAS, 2 INFERNO BAZOO and a couple others
ive only played through the hard forest buy myself but we multi play alot. byt weve gone to ruins in multi play... only played hard like 6 times

Brundidge
Nov 13, 2002, 10:40 AM
for my experience in finding rares its pretty much one sided because I don't play online (or not yet but I plan to when I get the chance). But since I've been finding a rare from time to time at least that's cool with me.