PDA

View Full Version : Expert Class Guide (10-23-06)

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 21, 2006, 11:49 PM
I am working on an expert class overview and I'm going to post my current progress for people to look over. Please tell me any flaws thus far. This is not near completion and I'd like suggestions on what information should also be added.

For the class overviews I am going to need some help since I have no experience with the classes themselves. . . Which is also an advantage since this will make the overview somewhat less biased.

Apoligies for all low quality images, typos, and other mistakes. Please point these out for me.

Terms

*PA = Photon Art. These include melee arts, bullet arts, and techniques.
*Mag 1 = Magnitude 1. Photon arts between levels 1 and 10. Basic level.
*Mag 2 = Magnitude 2. Photon arts between levels 11 and 20. First evolution
*Mag 3 = Magnitude 3. Photon arts between levels 21 and 30. Second evolution.

Expert Class Weapon Distribution
White = Unavailable
Green = A rank
Yellow = S rank
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/sgtshligger/WepDIS.jpg

Expert Class Photon Art Distribution

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/sgtshligger/Magclass.jpg
*Note* Fortechers melee ability caps at level 1.
1 = Level 1-10
2 = level 11-20
3 = Level 21-30

Expert Class Requirements
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/sgtshligger/EXREQ.jpg
*Note* You must have at least these levels to obtain the expert class. For example, To become FiGunner you need to have at least level 5 Hunter and level 3 Ranger.

Expert Class Statistic Comparison

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/sgtshligger/StatCOMP.jpg
*Note* The END stat does not vary much between classes nor does it differ much between “low” and “high.” Also, END is STA or Stamina.

Now this is all relative comparison/speculation. Since I have no way of predicting future stats, I am simply grouping them based upon low-level numbers.
*I will update this in the future when stat comparison will be easier.*

---Expert Class Overviews---

Roles

Hunter
In most cases hunters will serve as tankers to hold enemies off the rangers, forces, and fleshy half-breeds. Can be the main damage dealers also but this depends upon the party and what a specific hunter would be needed for. Probably the easiest class to solo with due to the fact they require little outside help to play effciently.

Pretty much the most common class to find and is fairly easy to play.

Ranger (Credit to Rizen)
As you may know the Ranger class has change significantly. Instead of just dealing damage from a far, Rangers are more of a support class in a sense: kings of crowd control and debuffs. We use our guns to unload Bullets (our Photon Arts specialty) which inflict special debuffs (Status Effects(SE))on the enemies which enable yourself or party to attack, run away safely, or even deal damage over time (DoTs). Rangers also have a knack to get mob attention. Getting their attention isn't a bad thing. By drawing their attention, you can lead them away from others so they can do what they need to eliminate the enemy.

So all in all, Ranger's play a support role first and 'damage' second (in quotes due to low damage potential in most cases).

Force
Arguably requires the most skill to play and is one of the higher demand roles needed. The two force types would be nukers who put out high damage and buffers which serve as healers and. . . buffers. Both are excellent for parties although nukers would be slightly lower.

Very difficult to solo with due to low stats and movement weaknesses (casting techs).

Class Arguments

* Fortefighter Vs. Figunner

A rather common problem faced by people. The most commonly talked about difference would be weapon distribution. Double-Sabers are not by any means laughable nor are they weak. They are incredible weapons. On the flp-side, Axes are nothing to laugh at either. Axes can double the ATP of any other melee weapon of their rank in almost any scenario.

Basically if you wish to due heavy damage and have high survivability, take Fortefghter. If you want more speed and finesse, take Figunner. Both can serve as good hunters with altering play styles.

* Main Force Vs. Hybrid Force

Now, a hybrid force can not serve as a Fortecher meaning fortechers wll always outdo hybrid classes in techs. The biggest difference would be nuking ability which Wartechers can pull to an extent and Guntechers really lack. The main ability of a hybrid force would be buffing/healing since these stats are not TAP nor are they (highly) level dependant for effectiveness.

A level 30 Resta will (of course) out perform a level 20 Resta but the 20 Resta is still a heal when a Fortecher isn't available. Usefulness of hybrid forces will be much more noticable during soloing or in the case a Fortecher isn't present.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2006-10-23 17:57 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2006-10-23 17:58 ]</font>

Rizen
Oct 22, 2006, 06:59 AM
Im surprised no one saw this. Im giving it alittle bump to get some notice.

Its looking good so far. Keep up the good work.
Two things I see. One, I think you might wanna call it something other than Mag because some people will look at it and say "What? Theres mags?!" Also, might wanna add a little note under Expert Class Photon Art Distribution 'by intervals of 10'.

I will look for more things as you add.

Also, I added a link to this topic in my Ranger post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-22 06:03 ]</font>

Tycho
Oct 22, 2006, 07:13 AM
The statistical info thing is just going to mislead people, and you've used a lot of terms that turned out to be different for the English version. Lurkers would already know this, while new people just getting the English version are going to feel confused. D:

rena-ko
Oct 22, 2006, 07:16 AM
probably could need some updating. who wanna try that?

Starshape
Oct 22, 2006, 08:49 AM
I loves the first stat-pic of the weapons... it really makes you think it over.

Legenden
Oct 22, 2006, 10:05 AM
Great post:)
I have a question for you,.
If I want to become a expert class, ex: WarTecher, would I have to become both lvl 3 Hunter and 5 Force or could I advance right after lvl 3 Hunter?

Kismet
Oct 22, 2006, 10:11 AM
On 2006-10-22 08:05, Legenden wrote:
If I want to become a expert class, ex: WarTecher, would I have to become both lvl 3 Hunter and 5 Force or could I advance right after lvl 3 Hunter?

You have to become both lvl 3 hunter and lvl 5 force.

Starshape
Oct 22, 2006, 10:15 AM
On 2006-10-22 08:11, Kismet wrote:

That doesn't make sence... so if I wanna become the ultimate force (fortecher) I have to level 10 in force but to become protrancer I have to level 15 in total? (hunter, ranger, force)

Rizen
Oct 22, 2006, 10:25 AM
I think you kinda got the hang of it Star. Let me try to clear this up for those who dont understand.

In order to become a Wartecher, you must level up Force class to at least lv 5 and Hunter Class to at least lv 3.
To be come Protranser, you have to level up Hunter, Force, and Ranger classes to at least lv 5.

I know it might sound odd that you have to level different classes to get to Protranser, but its considered to be a Hybrid class, meaning a mix of different classes so you understand part of each class, and Fortecher is considered the excelling class of Force, meaning you have to master the class to excel in it.

Hope this helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-22 08:26 ]</font>

Legenden
Oct 22, 2006, 10:27 AM
2006-10-22 08:05, I wrote

On 2006-10-22 08:15, Starshape wrote:
That doesn't make sence... so if I wanna become the ultimate force (fortecher) I have to level 10 in force but to become protrancer I have to level 15 in total? (hunter, ranger, force)

Well it`s a good thing the lvls are low, so It won`t matter that mutch anyway, just though it would be fun to find out:)

Sizzors
Oct 22, 2006, 10:30 AM
Fortegunner for my Cast then, but Force/Ranger is really hard to make...I might have to make a Fortecher.

Numnuttz
Oct 22, 2006, 11:16 AM
oooo another chart. gotta love charts, they make understanding everything easier.

Sizzors
Oct 22, 2006, 12:11 PM
Looking at the chart again...Figunner is going to be SOOOO popular for the double sabers...

Arcturus
Oct 22, 2006, 12:35 PM
What is END?

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 22, 2006, 12:43 PM
Endurance. . . I am not sure hwat it does.

Rizen
Oct 22, 2006, 12:44 PM
Read post below, + It helps with PP regeneraion slightly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-22 10:50 ]</font>

roygbiv
Oct 22, 2006, 12:48 PM
END = STA stamina.... according to PSUpedia it reduces the chance you are effected by status effects. Only really gets increased by armor/units. (Doesn't really increase with level of job/character level)

Tycho
Oct 22, 2006, 12:51 PM
'END' is a fan translation for the stat called 'STA' or 'Stamina', which increases a character's resistance to status effects.

Edit: Crap, got beaten to it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2006-10-22 10:51 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 22, 2006, 12:54 PM
@Roygibiv: So since it doesn't change is it misleading to say some classes have it slightly higher than others?

Also, I am editing and inputing data almost as soon as I see it.

Roken
Oct 22, 2006, 01:07 PM
Nice post

Xx3of19xX
Oct 22, 2006, 01:28 PM
On 2006-10-22 08:15, Starshape wrote:

Remember that the number of mission points required to raise your Job level increase. I haven't seen the exact numbers of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if the total number of Mission points to get Hunter, Ranger, and Force to level 5 don't exceed what you need to get one job to level 10. And if, then not my much.

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 22, 2006, 01:32 PM
It isn't. . . past level 40 class XP for doing missions gets way better. Once you reach 5 in any class, it slows down again.

Any feedback is appreciated http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Xx3of19xX
Oct 22, 2006, 01:32 PM
On 2006-10-21 21:49, Sgt_Shligger wrote:

1 = Level 1-10
2 = level 11-20
3 = Level 21-30

For this chart, how about just writing in the max level of PAs available to each class instead of inventing a level system that needs explanation in a note?

nennafir
Oct 22, 2006, 02:02 PM
Will the expert classes be available upon release for the US or will we have to wait for them?

Rizen
Oct 22, 2006, 02:03 PM
On 2006-10-22 12:02, nennafir wrote:
Will the expert classes be available upon release for the US or will we have to wait for them?

The way its been said and how it looks, we will have to wait for expert classes to come out.

Flunky
Oct 22, 2006, 02:07 PM
'END' is a fan translation for the stat called 'STA' or 'Stamina', which increases a character's resistance to status effects.

Curiously enough, in the open beta it sometimes used END (like when equipping an extra unit), though in other windows the exact same stat was called STA. This was a little confusing at first, and hopefully will be fixed come release.

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 22, 2006, 07:06 PM
On 2006-10-22 11:32, Xx3of19xX wrote:

On 2006-10-21 21:49, Sgt_Shligger wrote:

1 = Level 1-10
2 = level 11-20
3 = Level 21-30

For this chart, how about just writing in the max level of PAs available to each class instead of inventing a level system that needs explanation in a note?

Well, I intended for the numbers to represent the mag(nitude) of the PA but I guess mag is condusable with the PSO MAG so I put a small chart below it for people who ignored the key at the beginning.

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 23, 2006, 07:32 PM
I don't want this to get lost so I'm just going to bump this up a bit.

Any suggestions are appreciated ;D

Midicronica
Oct 23, 2006, 07:39 PM
Nice post. This will help me quite a bit.

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 23, 2006, 08:01 PM
Thank you, and for those that didn't notice the updated title, my "I" key not working well in the updated guide, and the updated text, please comment and tell me if any of by speculations/data is inaccurate.

FenixStryk
Oct 23, 2006, 08:32 PM
That stat comparison chart is really misleading. However, I like the Expert Class/Weapon Rank chart. Never looked at it like that.

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 23, 2006, 08:38 PM
So should I do away with the stat comparison chart completly or update it when the game comes out? Would it even be that helpful or should it be exchanged for what jobs (hunter/ranger/force) generally do well in?

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 24, 2006, 05:17 PM
On 2006-10-23 18:38, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
So should I do away with the stat comparison chart completly or update it when the game comes out? Would it even be that helpful or should it be exchanged for what jobs (hunter/ranger/force) generally do well in?

bump. . . but what's the better idea >_>;;

Tycho
Oct 24, 2006, 06:56 PM
On 2006-10-24 15:17, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
The stat system needs to be analyzed, obviously. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Natrokos
Oct 25, 2006, 02:04 PM
I thought Figunner and Guntecher had the same END? Plus as far as I know heals do rely on TAP......But this is still an excellent guide and my attempt would have been much much worse...Good job. =)

The stat comparisson isn't that bad.

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 25, 2006, 04:16 PM
END is really close for all classes at early levels (only about 3 off at the most if my memory serves me right).

w00t for this new forum ;o

Ravij
Oct 27, 2006, 11:36 AM
I found your work very helpful, thank you

Saigan
Oct 27, 2006, 01:38 PM
On 2006-10-24 16:56, Tycho wrote:

On 2006-10-24 15:17, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
The stat system needs to be analyzed, obviously. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Great guide... right now. Of course you'll want to update it after the classes are made available but this provides enough accurate information to allow players to plan ahead.

Also- once it becomes available a damage/second comparison between axes and double sabers would be AWESOME. In fact I think those two weapon types deserve their own guides.

Zato-2TWO
Oct 27, 2006, 09:03 PM
Is there any real definite studies on Protransers? I'd really like to know if there is anyone who can break down this Pandora's Box of an expert type and possibly also compile gameplay functions and strategies with them. They seem really fun and interesting.