PDA

View Full Version : Possible bug in 360 PSU payment system, looking for people w

Xx3of19xX
Oct 22, 2006, 01:54 PM
Last week, when PSU Pedia posted details the Guardian's License, I checked out the Memberships in my Gamertags Account Management. I got an error back that Xbox Live was down. Didn't think much about it, could be a temoporary error. After all, I was able to log onto Live and play without any trouble. What was wierd was that I could access the Membership page with my other Gamertag no problem, same for my roommate.
The problem persisted all through the week so I called customer support. The first guy I talked to remembered someone having the same problem, but they were still looking into it.
I went on to look through my billing details for my account and found a payment that looked a bit fishy, called support again and it turns out I must have accidently activated my PSOX Hunter's License again when I played the game some time ago (I changed Gamertag, so the likely scenario is that I activated the 60 day free trial and it then went on a recurring subscription). It has been cancelled now, but if this is what's causing the bug, I will likely have to wait until it runs out before I can know for sure and get my PSU Guardian's License http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Anyhow, to make a long story short, my theory is that the PSO HL is a "Membership", but is somehow buggy and not conform with how these Membership must be handled on the 360 and is thus shutting me out of managing that part of my account.
So all you 360 owners out there who (still) play(ed) PSOX online, I ask you to hop on your 360s, go to Marketplace -> Account Management -> Memberships and report if you can connect or not. Especially if you have an active HL. If you do not have a 360, but have your Gamertag linked on Xbox.com, you can check from there as well, same steps, but it will require you to log in using your MSN Passport.

Even if you didn't play PSOX at all, it might be a good idea to check if you can get into the Memberships to make sure you can get the GL when PSU hits.

Thanks for helping out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xx3of19xX on 2006-10-22 12:03 ]</font>

Sizzors
Oct 22, 2006, 02:21 PM
Wierd... I'll try that, but thanks for telling us, I would hate to be paying for PSOX instead of PSU

Xx3of19xX
Oct 22, 2006, 02:27 PM
to clarify, I played the old PSOX a couple of months back with my new gamertag. I didn't know I bought a HL, but apparently did (did like one Forest run with a level 1 FOnewm, offline).
It's not like I tried to buy a GL and bought a HL instead. I can't even buy a GL atm, I get an error when I go to Marketplace -> Games -> PSU -> Membership. Using a different Gamertag, I get to the page where you can actually see the price for the GL and buy it without problems.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xx3of19xX on 2006-10-22 12:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xx3of19xX on 2006-10-22 12:30 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Oct 22, 2006, 02:38 PM
I never had a problem getting into my Memberships page on the Dashboard when I still had my HL active (even though my HL never even showed up on my Membership list). I've since cancelled it though, so I couldn't tell you if having it locked me out of getting a Guardian's Liscense.

Xx3of19xX
Oct 22, 2006, 02:46 PM
Thanks Zeta, that's the kind of info I was looking for. Hmm, if you were able to get to the Memberships page while having a HL active, it would seem that isn't what's causing the bug... back to square 1 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
The bug propably doesn't lock me out from having a GL, it just locks me from anything related to modifying memberships. I can't change the type of my Xbox Live Gold subscription for example (but I have one).

McLaughlin
Oct 22, 2006, 02:53 PM
That's wierd. I never tried changing anything once I was in the Membership page because I pay yearly for Xbox Live Gold, and never need to change it, and because I couldn't cancel my HL from the Dashboard (and subsequently had to sit on hold for 40 minutes to do so).

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Xx3of19xX
Oct 23, 2006, 05:45 AM
Hmm, this morning I can finally access my memberships.
Not sure if support came through or if it was the PSOX HL expiring, just happy this crap is over http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
So if the US PSU is regionfree, I'll see you guys online this weekend.