PDA

View Full Version : FFXII.......IM GONNA GET IT!! are you?

Red_Dragon_Jr
Oct 22, 2006, 02:53 PM
Yea! Can't wait for Final Fantasy XII to come out!!! Anybody else feel my EXCITEMENT?

Allos
Oct 22, 2006, 03:06 PM
I'm under the impression that all you do is play RPGs....

poisondragon
Oct 22, 2006, 03:07 PM
yeah....i know this guy. Trust me he does.

DizzyDi
Oct 22, 2006, 03:13 PM
Pre-ordered the Special Edition a few days ago.
Now I'm trying to decide what other game I should get with the left over money.
.hack//GU or Valkyrie Profile Silmeria.

Leviathan
Oct 22, 2006, 03:18 PM
No. I have to get an iPod.

Sinue_v2
Oct 22, 2006, 03:34 PM
I'll probably get it, but not right away.

Neith
Oct 22, 2006, 05:02 PM
I won't be buying it. Even after everything I've seen of it, I'm still waiting to be vaguely impressed.

Looks kinda boring to me I guess, so no, I won't be buying it.

ethanhawkeye
Oct 22, 2006, 05:09 PM
user received a warning for this post.
thank you for your cooperation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2006-10-22 16:06 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Oct 22, 2006, 07:21 PM
I might get it... My desire to get it fluctuates pretty random based on astral allignments or something like that... I probably will end up getting it at some point. But it's coming out at a really inconvenient time for me money & game wise... So much other stuff is in line before it.

Zelutos
Oct 22, 2006, 08:36 PM
Already have the Collectors Edition pre-ordered and paid for in full.

chaos89
Oct 22, 2006, 09:23 PM
On 2006-10-22 13:13, DizzyDi wrote:

get valkyrie profile silmeria trust me, it rocks

Mokona99
Oct 22, 2006, 09:40 PM
I have the collector's edition pre-ordered. I might also either get the new Tales of... game or Valkyrie Profile. I'm going to wait for my PS3 and play it on that. I want my first game with the PS3 controller to be a Square Enix RPG game and it also has to be Final Fantasy!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mokona99 on 2006-10-22 19:41 ]</font>

Xaos127
Oct 22, 2006, 11:33 PM
The battle system looks interesting/annoying but i'm sure after an hour or so i'll get right into it. Pre-ordered!

On 2006-10-22 19:23, chaos89 wrote:

^ He lies, they're both not great. If you haven't played it already, get Shadow Hearts Covenant.

Feelmirath
Oct 23, 2006, 03:40 AM
So far, no games in the Final Fantasy series (note the series- I love the other FF games XD) have interested me in the slightest. I can think of quite a lot of RPGs I'd rather spend my time playing.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 23, 2006, 05:42 AM
No, I'll wait till this game is used for like $20 dollars. Slow ass Square-Enix waited too long, I stop caring about this game a year ago.

I hate delays. Not many game hold my hype after being delayed many times, however PSU is a rare exception. Plus we have next-gen consoles coming out soon, so my hype goes there.

Mazoku
Oct 23, 2006, 11:40 AM
I have the collectors edition pre-ordered but I'm sure it'll be sitting shrinkwrapped and gathering dust for quite a while because of PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

sulfate
Oct 23, 2006, 12:40 PM
im so gettign this game!...i love matsuno!

washuguy
Oct 23, 2006, 01:12 PM

That game is the stuffs! You gots to play the psp version to... IT's FRIGGIN AMAZIN!

DizzyDi
Oct 23, 2006, 03:22 PM
On 2006-10-23 11:12, washuguy wrote:

That game is the stuffs! You gots to play the psp version to... IT's FRIGGIN AMAZIN!

VP Lenneth?
Played the original VP on PS1 when it first came out and VP Lenneth is just a remake of that..
Classic stuff.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 23, 2006, 06:31 PM
I haven't enjoyed a FF game since FF6 on the SuperFamicon/SNES, just something about the gameplay systems/style/game flow etc FF7-12 just doesn't appeal to me.

FF7 had great character designs IMO, that's what I liked most about FF7.

I tried the demo of FF 12, something is still "off" to me. The CG FMV are very beautiful though.

I don't know what it is about FF12 that's pushing me away from being interested in playing it at all. *shrugs*

I do like Valkyrie Profile 2, Grandia II and III, and I will soon get Tales of the Abyss.
I really enjoyed Tales of Symphonia immensely.

DizzyDi
Oct 23, 2006, 07:05 PM
You shouldn't base your opinions about the game on the demo. The demo was really kinda half-assed, it didn't have nearly all the battle system elements that the full game is going to have. The main thing the demo was missing is the gambit and liscence board system. I'd look into the game a bit more before putting it off. All the JP reviews and US previews have said this is the best FF yet, they have to be saying that for a reason.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 24, 2006, 05:14 AM
Well, I played FF7 - 10 , the full-versions each for like two hours, I couldn't get "into" them.

FF12 didn't impress me or "hook" me. IMO only the CG FMV's were nice.

I'm more a action-rpg fan, and I like rpgs like Grandia III, and Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss.

I stopped being interested in FF after FF6. I tried to get into the 3-d FF's, but I just couldn't. Something about them just doesn't "click" with me. I don't know what it is.

Kaloa
Oct 24, 2006, 06:24 AM
I'm not planning on buying it anytime soon. I used to be a big FF fan, but I haven't liked any of the recent additions of the series. FFX was a huge let-down for me, and FFX-2 was just idiotic. While it looks like they changed the gameplay up some for FFXII, I'm very doubtful that they bothered to breathe any life into the cast of characters. They look as dull and unimaginative as FFX's did.

DizzyDi
Oct 24, 2006, 06:37 AM
On 2006-10-24 04:24, Kaloa wrote:
I'm not planning on buying it anytime soon. I used to be a big FF fan, but I haven't liked any of the recent additions of the series. FFX was a huge let-down for me, and FFX-2 was just idiotic. While it looks like they changed the gameplay up some for FFXII, I'm very doubtful that they bothered to breathe any life into the cast of characters. They look as dull and unimaginative as FFX's did.

Can't really judge the characterization without trying the game.
Besides that FFX has been the only REAL FF in a while. FFX-2 was just a spin-off so you can't count that, FFXI was online so thats hardly apart of the main series. Every FF can't be as good as [insert favorite installment of the series].
/shrugs. To each his own though.

Kaloa
Oct 24, 2006, 05:58 PM
On 2006-10-24 04:37, DizzyDi wrote:

On 2006-10-24 04:24, Kaloa wrote:

Can't really judge the characterization without trying the game.
Besides that FFX has been the only REAL FF in a while. FFX-2 was just a spin-off so you can't count that, FFXI was online so thats hardly apart of the main series. Every FF can't be as good as [insert favorite installment of the series].
/shrugs. To each his own though.

I'm free to assume whatever I like about how the characters will be, and it's not too hard to do. Image *usually* gives a good indication. However, when I said "they look as dull and unimaginative...", I was really talking about their appearances. I was referring to the character design, which I didn't like in FFX or X-2, and which I don't like in FFXII, either. In fact, one of my biggest problems with FFXII is how similar the characters look to the characters in FFX. They seem to wear a very similar style of clothing which makes it look like they were ripped right out of the FFX world. And I don't know. I guess I just feel that a new game and new characters should mean new unique designs, and new outfits that don't look like they were stolen from Tidus' and the gangs closets.

I guess it just comes down to the fact that different people value different things in their games. Lots of people play RPG's for story. I don't. I play for game play and characters, and the importance of a neat character for me is just about equal to the importance of a good game play. Even if an RPG has a crap story, if it has a fantastically designed character that I enjoy seeing, listening to speak, running around the field and battling with, etc. I'll still consider the game a huge success. On the other hand, those RPG's that do have good stories won't manage to hold my interest if they don't have any characters with appeal.

Also note that when I say appeal, I'm not really meaning that they have to look like super models. They don't need to be drop-dead beautiful or anything. They just have to be.. neat. They have to have nice, unique clothes, cool hair, an aura that surrounds them and their image that makes them seem special, and it's my view that FF characters generally lack that.