PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody here know...

Meesh
Nov 12, 2002, 04:53 PM
...how often you get items? i know u get em at 1, and 11, when else do u get em?(on the ground or from the dealers)i would really appreciate it if someone could enlighten me on this subject, because i havnt found one website that has that info.

KodiaX987
Nov 12, 2002, 04:59 PM
There is no specific trend of item finding. Don't bother looking for a pattern based on time; you'll end up crazier than John Nash! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rares are mostly affected by section ID, zone and monster. Section ID modifies the chance of finding certain item classes either upwards or downwards (but NEVER to zero! All items on any ID are findable!), zone also (I think most often, I found Agitos in the forest) and monster (Are you expecting a Delsaber's Right Arm from a Booma?)

Rhete
Nov 12, 2002, 05:27 PM
You get items by killing monsters and opening boxes

TeamPhalanx
Nov 12, 2002, 05:27 PM
It's speculation at this point, but I doubt that one id has the potential for finding all items, especially when you consider the dropped items by bosses.

Meesh
Nov 13, 2002, 03:49 PM
i know u get items from boxes, i am a newb but im not THAT dumb, i also asked when u can BUY em, because ive noticed at level 11 you can buy new items, so when can u buy more new ones (by new i dont mean rare, i mean, for example, i get brands and sabers, so when do i get busters?)

DB
Nov 13, 2002, 04:06 PM
Let's see. In V-hard you can buy some cool stuff. And in Ultimate, you can actually buy stuff, like... My sabers, Visk rifles, Blade Dances, ect... Also in V-Hard, i've bought a Last Survior before.

VulpesMundi
Nov 13, 2002, 04:14 PM
The weapon and item shops upgraded at levels 11, 23, 33, 43 and 61 on versions 1 and 2. I know that E1&2 has upgraded at 11, 23, 33, 43 and 61 so far. I'm up to 61 right now, and it looks like it's pretty much following the same pattern. In version 2 the next upgrade was at 100 and then at 150. I'll update this topic as I level.

The armor shop seems more along the lines of randomly generating armors and shields within a certain range based on your current level rather than just upgrading at specific levels. The units, however, seem to upgrade at the same levels as the weapon and item shops.

Be aware that there does still seem to be maximum weapon types for sale depending on the difficulty.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2002-11-13 15:17 ]</font>

Meesh
Nov 14, 2002, 05:23 PM
um, i dont know if thats right, because my dude is level 25 and i can still only buy the stuff i could buy at 11, but i am still only in normal ruins so...

Rhete
Nov 14, 2002, 08:35 PM
On 2002-11-13 13:06, DB wrote:
Let's see. In V-hard you can buy some cool stuff. And in Ultimate, you can actually buy stuff, like... My sabers, Visk rifles, Blade Dances, ect... Also in V-Hard, i've bought a Last Survior before.

That was on dreamcast, things are different now. That was on dreamcast, things are different now. That was on dreamcast, things are different now. Oh, and you can't buy Rares in the shop anymore, that was on dreamcast, things are different now.

To Meesh, sorry I didnt understand your question the first time. Only change in the shops I've ever really noticed though is that at level 40 you can no longer buy monomates and monofluids, but can then buy trimates and trifluids.

VulpesMundi
Nov 15, 2002, 05:28 PM
On 2002-11-14 14:23, Meesh wrote:
um, i dont know if thats right, because my dude is level 25 and i can still only buy the stuff i could buy at 11, but i am still only in normal ruins so...

You're correct. I double-checked it and I was off a little bit. I thought I remembered the original upgrades, but alas I didn't. Now that I've gone thru again and payed closer attention I can list the REAL shop upgrade levels...

The shops upgrade at levels 11, 26, 43, and 61. I imagine there might also still be upgrades at 100 and 150, but I couldn't tell you at this time.

Typical items...
You can always find Moon Atoms, Antidotes, Antiparalysis, Telepipes, and Trap Visions in the shop, and by default you can only find Monomate and Monofluid healing items. You can buy Dimates and Difluids permanently at level 11+, as well as Trimates, Trifluids, Sol Atoms, Star Atoms, and Monogrinders randomly beginning at level 11. You can no longer buy Monomates and Monofluids at level 43. In version 2 Trimates and Trifluids showed up permanently in the shop at level 100+. At that point Sols, Stars, Monogrinders, and Scape Dolls (so far unavailable in the shop for E1&2) showed up more frequently since they weren't competing with Trimates and Trifluids for a spot in the shop.

Technique disks...
You can randomly find only level 1 and 2 basic attack, Resta, and Anti (level 1 only) disks by default. At experience level 11 the normal attack and support disks become available, as well as Reverser and Ryuker, and disks randomly appear up to level 6. At experience level 26 the heavy attack spells become available except for Grants and Megid, and disks randomly appear up to level 10. At experience level 43 disks randomly appear up to level 12. At experience level 61 disks randomly appear up to level 14.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2002-11-15 15:45 ]</font>

Meesh
Dec 27, 2002, 12:17 PM
actually, its not so random. usually the level 12's and 14's are foie barta and zonde. The "ra"s and the "gi"s dont get up to those levels for a while.