PDA

View Full Version : Question on rares.

BurnPilot
Nov 12, 2002, 06:17 PM
I'm new to Phantasy Star Online and have just started to find rares. This has brought up a question on my part. Are the identities of rares set in stone when you find them? Or are they like other unidentified weapons where you can not take a tekkers word and go back and have him identify it as something else later? Basically I want to know if the melee weapon I found has any chance of ever being identified as a ranged weapon. Thanks in advance for any answers.

TeamPhalanx
Nov 12, 2002, 06:28 PM
Yes, they are set in stone; the only thing you can change is the %, which is + or 1 10 %.

Each SPECIAL WEAPON has a symbol next to it, indicating if it's a melee, gun, or FO rare.

Agent_Reav
Nov 12, 2002, 06:29 PM
If it's melee it stays melee... You can't change what type of weapon it becomes :/

BurnPilot
Nov 12, 2002, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the replies. Guess I must have missed the little melee icon on it.

Ruby-chan
Nov 12, 2002, 11:18 PM
Well don't forget, Slicers are ranged weapons but have the little sword icon. That's about the only exception though.

DirewolfX
Nov 13, 2002, 12:45 AM
If you wanna see what a weapon is before you identify it, you can even try and equip it and see if you recognize it... I find that's a good way to figure out whether I got a new weapon or another duplicate. If it's a duplicate, I'll usually give it away to someone I'm playing with... then they won't complain as much when I take the good rare. ^_~

Maelkith
Nov 14, 2002, 03:02 AM
i would complain if you gave me 3 db sabers and kept a chainsawd lol.